• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Select GameStop stores to have PS5 Xbox bundles in store tomorrow 12/23

elliot5

Weird that there’s some states that are entirely ps5 or entirely Xbox in stores. Wonder what kind of distribution network reasoning there is for that

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Good luck to those trying to get one! Hope these mostly go to people who actually want them or want to give them as gifts, and not to scalpers.

Deerock71

Montana:
tumbleweed GIF

Jigsaah

Gold Member
This is tasteless. Delete this. Whats your issue?
I used to live here...just talking from experience. If you're not from here, then maybe you should try asking why I'm saying this. I've been held at gunpoint around this location before.

My Godfather, who was a cop serving for Mayor Daley was shot and killed a few blocks away from this location a month before he was to be retired. I know what kind of people live around here and people are killed for much less

than a PS5, trust me. What's your issue? For your reference

https://abcnews.go.com/US/12-major-us-cities-top-annual-homicide-records/story?id=81466453

"Chicago, the nation's third-largest city, leads the nation with 739 homicides as of the end of November, up 3% from 2020, according to Chicago Police Department crime data. Chicago's deadliest year remains 1970 when there were 974 homicides."

Last edited:

Quasicat

I spoke with a former student of mine that’s a store manager one town over and he told me that they have 4, all in bundles and all the $500 disc version. I’m looking for the all digital version which he says he has never received in their store. He’s not expecting them to be in stock very long.

I spoke with a former student of mine that’s a store manager one town over and he told me that they have 4, all in bundles and all the $500 disc version. I’m looking for the all digital version which he says he has never received in their store. He’s not expecting them to be in stock very long.
4 lol.

Lone Wolf

wow only 4. What state are you in?

intbal

Sony and Microsoft, don't worry about us here in Arkansas. We're happy to share the 3 consoles in the state between us. I've got my 10 minutes scheduled in 2035.

DaGwaphics

GS near my house only has PS5.

Confused Liam Neeson GIF

Seriously though, the bundles typically include stuff you don't really need and just drive up the price (which is totally why GS is doing it, I'm sure).

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
This is a better bundle than Gamestop has offered in the past for new consoles. Their Switch ones back near launch for example were god awful (shitty games no one wanted, ugly generic carrying case, etc). The PS5 physical bundle comes with three genuinely good games, an extra controller, a charging dock, and a gift certificate. Still shitty they're only offering bundles, but at least it's a decent bundle (especially if they never played Ghost or Miles on the PS4).

ReBurn

Gold Member
I went to the grocery store and saw there were people lining up outside of GameStop for a PS5. Hopefully someone has a Christmas miracle.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Since the start of the generation I haven’t seen one console, or one console sale in a traditional store.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Godspeed to anyone whose able to secure a console of their choice today.

You have my axe !

tygertrip

I used to live here...just talking from experience. If you're not from here, then maybe you should try asking why I'm saying this. I've been held at gunpoint around this location before.

My Godfather, who was a cop serving for Mayor Daley was shot and killed a few blocks away from this location a month before he was to be retired. I know what kind of people live around here and people are killed for much less

than a PS5, trust me. What's your issue? For your reference

https://abcnews.go.com/US/12-major-us-cities-top-annual-homicide-records/story?id=81466453

"Chicago, the nation's third-largest city, leads the nation with 739 homicides as of the end of November, up 3% from 2020, according to Chicago Police Department crime data. Chicago's deadliest year remains 1970 when there were 974 homicides."
He's just trying to show how enlightened and sophisticated he is.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Since the start of the generation I haven’t seen one console, or one console sale in a traditional store.
The only ones I have seen were the Series S and just came from our local WalMart and they had about 15 of them sitting out.

I had figured they would sell like hot cakes for Christmas but it seems even parent aren't scooping them up for little Timmy unless they go as last minute gifts

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Kitting up for Chiraq
gear up arnold schwarzenegger GIF
Like bro I'm not saying everybody who goes to that store gets shot. But you better believe there's some folks there looking to catch the right person unaware. Hopefully people are smart and there is a police presence there, otherwise it's just a recipe for disaster.

To look at it from all angles, there's a possibility word doesn't get around that PS5's are at this particular store. Don't care...some of the other locations listed in Illinois are in nearby suburbs or better parts of the city.

Chi-raq is not a fairy tale. I think Arnold might be missing some Kevlar or somethin. He need throwing knives, coupla barettas in his boots, a chain whip...a jeet kune do manual signed by Bruce Lee and a Barack Obama photo op. That'll get him through the first day lol

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Chicago is tasteless, should be deleted. It's violent rates are the issue.
Chicago is a great city. The southside just...has a lot of problems. I was born and raised there. I got out as soon as I could. You can't damn the whole city because of the bad side. The North side is awesome, downtown, even the close suburbs are fairly wealthy areas. The west side is still considered the hood, but it's not as bad as the south side. Still plenty of culture to be had around here. Great food, great amenities, good tourism, good music, banging clubs, the lakefront, the magnificent mile, the chicago bean. PIZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I mean I love this city, I just know what parts to stay away from.

Last edited:
Top Bottom