• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Game of the Year Edition Trailer | PS4

GametimeUK

I was hoping for a more substantial upgrade and maybe some quality DLC like the Souls games before it. The trailer is still amazing and I recommend the game to anyone who likes the loom of it. It really surprised me with how incredible it ended up being. I hated it at first, but once you accept it's not a Souls game it really shines.

Stand out moments were The Guardian Ape, Fountainhead Palace and just how beautiful the art is.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Was it 60fps on ps4 pro?
No. It's an uneven framerate hovering between 30-60FPS, mostly toward the upper range but still highly variable. I highly, HIGHLY recommend playing Sekiro on PC at a locked 60FPS for the best experience - uneven frame rates and frame-times can cause variable latency in controls, which is infuriating in a game that requires ultra-precise timing on inputs to achieve parrys.

Playing is on PC after beating it on PS4 Pro is like playing the "real" version of the game, it's that dramatically improved.

vkbest

No. It's an uneven framerate hovering between 30-60FPS, mostly toward the upper range but still highly variable. I highly, HIGHLY recommend playing Sekiro on PC at a locked 60FPS for the best experience - uneven frame rates and frame-times can cause variable latency in controls, which is infuriating in a game that requires ultra-precise timing on inputs to achieve parrys.

Playing is on PC after beating it on PS4 Pro is like playing the "real" version of the game, it's that dramatically improved.
The game was running to 1800p, maybe the pro would run near to 60fps if they would give us a 1080p mode

Izumar

Banned
So this is a free upgrade for all platforms but Sony has a physical release of the game with the patch?

Sony marketing is so confusing. I have to go searching for this stuff.

Low frame rate was the reason I dropped it on vanilla PS4, so I'll definitely pick it back up if it at least attempts to move towards 60fps, especially during boss fights. At this point, I refuse to play any games with such high stakes at a low frame rate. It's a technical issue, boarding on a balancing issue. This is even more evident in Sekiro, since a good portion of the game was based around a party mechanic. I'll be glad to pick it back up soon in Boost mode(assuming it helps).

So this is a free upgrade for all platforms but Sony has a physical release of the game with the patch?

Sony marketing is so confusing. I have to go searching for this stuff.

Sony ain't gonna do MS or "PC's" job - that's up to Activision and the parties concerned. The game is getting a "game of the year edition" on PS4 that's all (probably due to splits). Since it has no DLC it's literally nothing new other than a cover swap to keep the game's pricing artificially high - unless elaborated in a press release by the publisher (Activision/FromSoftware) as to having extra goodies.

Last edited:

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Low frame rate was the reason I dropped it on vanilla PS4, so I'll definitely pick it back up if it at least attempts to move towards 60fps, especially during boss fights. At this point, I refuse to play any games with such high stakes at a low frame rate. It's a technical issue, boarding on a balancing issue. This is even more evident in Sekiro, since a good portion of the game was based around a party mechanic. I'll be glad to pick it back up soon in Boost mode(assuming it helps).
Only thing that worries me is that it’s still variable on XSX with BC mode on, dropping into the 50’s fairly often. I suppose it depends on how good the BC is on PS5, I’m hoping for a locked 60.

jaysius

Banned
Is this the patch that adds a checkpoint after the first phase of the last boss? Yea yea "GIT GUD SCRUB" but it really wastes your time and tests your patience to have to do that first phase every time.

I'm still stuck at the damn headless ape. Fuck apes.

Beating that one was really hard, but that one truly taught me patience in the game, it's all bout learning the pattern and being patient, too many times he was almost dead but I jumped the gun and got greedy to get ONE MORE HIT and he fucking killed me. There aren't many solid tips except this is where you learn patience.

Last edited:

RNG

There‘s a way to uncap the frame rate so you can go way beyond 60fps. Played the whole game uncapped and was buttery smooth. PC version is so good.

TexMex

2si7TH3.jpg

JimiNutz

Banned
Once I'm done with Demon's Souls I really want to go back to this again and try and progress further - especially if I can play it at locked 60fps on next gen consoles.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
The game was running to 1800p, maybe the pro would run near to 60fps if they would give us a 1080p mode
You might get a better frame rate if you set your resolution to 1080p or lower in the system settings since the frame rate is unlocked.

Last edited:

vkbest

You might get a better frame rate if you set your resolution to 1080p or lower in the system settings since the frame rate is unlocked.

No, I have a FullHD and the game is downsampling, unless this patch change that (but being From I really doubt it)

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Beating that one was really hard, but that one truly taught me patience in the game, it's all bout learning the pattern and being patient, too many times he was almost dead but I jumped the gun and got greedy to get ONE MORE HIT and he fucking killed me. There aren't many solid tips except this is where you learn patience.
Every time I play with my friends I always say “don’t get cute” because the games will punish you for thinking you’re hot stufff

sublimit

Banned
The trailer in From Software's channel is different and also shows some type of special edition.

Edit:Also funny that hey turned off comments.Probably to avoid having people keep talking about Elden Ring. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:
Top Bottom