• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega wants to release more Atlus ports, remasters, and remakes

Quit the tease and release stuff already! Sega being like Sony, I hate when they say "We want to release something", like they need permission to release something or announce an announcement, as if they need free publicity or something. Just get it over it already, you have my approval!

(they're probably waiting persona 5 royal exclusivity to expire, even so what about vanillaware in the meantime Sega, why wait for that?)
I mean, this was an earnings report. Its not like they're contacting the media via a press release or answering vaguely in an interview. They're just telling investors what their plans for the near future are so they can make decisions regarding their stock portfolios.

Cool. I dislike PC gaming community as much as Trump voters dislike Mexicans but you just have to ignore all that. My laptop is already a better weebmachine than my PS4!

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
They've not really committed to this, so I'll believe it when I see it. The last few years of output from ATLUS has been so-so. SEGA does not have a great track record with releasing remasters / remakes (oh you want yet another Genesis collection right?!?)

RAIDEN1

They "want" to, so what's stopping them? NOTHING! It took them quarter of a century to get Streets of Rage 4 out...if they were that bothered it would have come out 5 years ago....If they "wanted to" they could release a new Shinobi!

ZZZZ

Quit the tease and release stuff already! Sega being like Sony, I hate when they say "We want to release something", like they need permission to release something or announce an announcement, as if they need free publicity or something. Just get it over it already, you have my approval!

(they're probably waiting persona 5 royal exclusivity to expire, even so what about vanillaware in the meantime Sega, why wait for that?)
What exclusivity deal? I never heard about an exclusivity deal for Persona, and it should be over by now anyway if it was 1 year because the game released 31 October of last year.

Why would they make exclusivity deals with Sony anyway? Playstation is dying in Japan.

Soodanim

Positive news for everyone involved. It’s easy to say “It’s obvious it will sell” when you’re the one that buys it, but the reality is it is taking a chance and businesses don’t always want to do that.

P4G’s success is likely a surprise to Atlus/Sega, and creates a solid foundation on which to build a library of ports to PC. If they continue to do with acceptable quality, then everyone wins.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Since they have ported games from Model 2 and Lindbergh and other arcade machines of theirs for inclusion in the Yakuza games they should just release some arcade collections adding more of them bundled up already.

Do a Virtua Fighter bundle with all the titles up to 5FS, do a Model 2 racing bundle with stuff like Daytona USA, Sega Rally and Motor Raid, then Model 3 racing bundle for the likes of Daytona USA 2 and Scud Race and so on.

Collaborate with Sinden lightgun for lightgun bundles, maybe by theme like all the House of the Deads, then all of the Virtua Cop, Confidential Mission and Ghost Squad type stuff, the crazy ones with dinos and sharks, etc..!

Last edited:
Top Bottom