• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega wants to release more Atlus ports, remasters, and remakes

Bullet Club

Sega wants to release more Atlus ports, remasters, and remakes

Persona 4 Golden success was 'far beyond expectations.'

8sKRNRQ.jpg

Sega wants to release more Atlus catalog titles across various platforms following the success of the PC port of Persona 4 Golden, Sega Sammy president and CEO Haruki Satomi said during Sega’s financial results briefing on November 6.

“As for Steam, while we haven’t been actively releasing Atlus titles on PC, we felt that there was much potential there and put out a direct port of Persona 4 Golden for PC, and the user response was far beyond our expectations,” Satomi said. “That being said, we hope to release Atlus catalog titles across various platforms, whether as direct ports or in the form of remasters or remakes.”

The PC version of Persona 4 Golden launched via Steam on June 13.

Source: Gematsu

Ryu Kaiba

Sega's so annoying. For years they've been putting out their little survey's to probe interest for their games on other platforms yet even with resounding enthusiasm they are always slow to do it and always put out statements about how shocked they are that their games sell on other platforms and will consider porting more.

Kokoloko85

How about Sega port/remaster more of There own games.....like Sega Saturn and Dreamcast games!

With atlus you can start with Persona 4 Golden. Persona 1,2,3. Disgea D2. Digital devil saga 1 and 2

Last edited:

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
I just want to see P3-5 available on one platform. Right now there isn’t a great way to play all three games. P5 is on PS. P4 is on Steam and Vita. P3 is on PS2 and PSP. SMT V is Nintendo exclusive, Tokyo Mirage Sessions just got a re-release on Switch, Joker is in Smash, and Persona Q is on 3DS. SMT III HD and Catherine Full Body are on PS4 and Switch. There is some sort of precedent to have all three games available on each of these systems. At the very least get all of the games available on Switch/PS4 since those machines have the majority of titles. Steam and Xbox would be the icing on the cake.

They should consolidate P3 FES and Portable with some enhancements into one title while they’re at it.

On the Sega side I’m interested in giving Sakura Wars a go. Would like to see the older titles localized and those games brought to more systems.

Last edited:

PooBone

I played Catherine on 360 and about half of Persona 4 Golden on the Vita. I’d relish the chance to play remade versions of their earlier games. I know Shin Megami Tensei 3 is really beloved.

lachesis

More Atlus games on PC/Steam is good thing - hope they also open up to more to Switch and Xbox front as well. Their games deserve to be exposed wider audience.... but I hope they won't forget to push more new games as well!

Hudo

More Atlus games on PC/Steam is good thing - hope they also open up to more to Switch and Xbox front as well. Their games deserve to be exposed wider audience.... but I hope they won't forget to push more new games as well!
So much this. I don't comprehend "fans" who don't want Atlus' games on as many platforms as possible. Why would you not be OK or even supportive of the idea that a franchise you like has the opportunity to reach more players?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
So much this. I don't comprehend "fans" who don't want Atlus' games on as many platforms as possible. Why would you not be OK or even supportive of the idea that a franchise you like has the opportunity to reach more players?
I personally would love to see 13 Sentinels on Switch and PC, it will get more people to play this gem.

I bet this game would sold more if it came out on Switch first. Because current PlayStation players can only think about advance tech because of upcoming PS5.

Last edited:

Hudo

I personally would love to see 13 Sentinels on Switch and PC, it will get more people to play this gem.

I bet this game would sold more if it came out on Switch first. Because current PlayStation players can only think about advance tech because of upcoming PS5.
I mean it certainly was a weird move for them to make it exclusive for PS4 in Japan, where the PS4 didn't sell well. They should've at least considered Switch as well.

Graciaus

I'd rebuy all Atlus games on PC. Playing Golden off and on right now actually.

But first how about Sega put their own games on PC and not gimp us on the new Sakura Wars.

Man I just want english releases of the P2 Duology on the same console. As it stands now you have to play Innocent Sin on PSP and Eternal Punishment on PS1. Its already hard enough to convince people to try old games, but telling them they need two different emulators is almost always a deal breaker.

AetherMage

Nice, would love to play a Persona 3 remake on PS5. Never got around to the original. Wish SEGA would remake a few of their own games too. A Skies of Arcadia remake with a sequal would make for an awesome generation.

Quit the tease and release stuff already! Sega being like Sony, I hate when they say "We want to release something", like they need permission to release something or announce an announcement, as if they need free publicity or something. Just get it over it already, you have my approval!

(they're probably waiting persona 5 royal exclusivity to expire, even so what about vanillaware in the meantime Sega, why wait for that?)

Top Bottom