• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA teasing an announcement for their 60th anniversary (Virtua Fighter 6?)

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
How about Master System IV? a cheap 2015 SoC with cheap cartridges.
If I don't believe Sega could produce a relevant dreamcast 2 for now, but i'm pretty sure they could make a successful handheld. Faaaar behind mobiles of course but popular among gamers. Sony leaving the market, Nintendo not fully implicated (switch is not a real handheld), there is for sure a short window for a full gaming handheld.
(Sega produced a load of excellent games for GBA, DS, 3DS, PSP, Vita, so doing the same for a single in house console would be a realistic target)

Strenght of a Sega Handheld ? A Sega Retro store from Phantasy Star 1 to Valkyria Chronicles 4 + 50 years of arcade games +The Creative Assembly + Yakuza studio + AM1 + AM2 + ATLUS. It's like 1000 stylish games in your pocket...

A cautious return of Sega by the backdoor in 2020, it would sell more than the saturn, less than the genesis. My bet is 15 to 30 millions units sold :).

Sony is releasing games on PC, Nintendo on Smartphone, why not Sega releasing handheld ? :)

That would be quite exciting but just a dream ha ha :)

I hope Sega will announce something else than Segare Sanshiro tomorrow.
I would be excited for simple remasters or collections though.
Please announce games :)

Virtua Fighter is godlike and it's surely still the perfect 3D fighting game ever... (gameplay for sure, man it's so damn good)

And it's not that "hard", it's just like every fighting games. It takes a little bit time to deeply understand the game and do well.

But once you got it... holy **** Virtua Fighter is pure heaven, it's bliss to kung fu fans and fighting games lovers.

cireza

Banned
If I don't believe Sega could produce a relevant dreamcast 2 for now, but i'm pretty sure they could make a successful handheld. Faaaar behind mobiles of course but popular among gamers. Sony leaving the market, Nintendo not fully implicated (switch is not a real handheld), there is for sure a short window for a full gaming handheld.
(Sega produced a load of excellent games for GBA, DS, 3DS, PSP, Vita, so doing the same for a single in house console would be a realistic target)

Strenght of a Sega Handheld ? A Sega Retro store from Phantasy Star 1 to Valkyria Chronicles 4 + 50 years of arcade games +The Creative Assembly + Yakuza studio + AM1 + AM2 + ATLUS. It's like 1000 stylish games in your pocket...

A cautious return of Sega by the backdoor in 2020, it would sell more than the saturn, less than the genesis. My bet is 15 to 30 millions units sold :).

Sony is releasing games on PC, Nintendo on Smartphone, why not Sega releasing handheld ? :)

That would be quite exciting but just a dream ha ha :)

I hope Sega will announce something else than Segare Sanshiro tomorrow.
I would be excited for simple remasters or collections though.
Please announce games :)
I really like dedicated handhelds, but they are not the best suited for arcade games that require skill and precision. They ARE suited for a great number of other genres though, many of which had fantastic games from Sega, like RPGs to name only one.

Last edited:
The reveal was announced for March 25th in Japan at some unspecified time. While it is already the 25th in Japan, the time is only around 3:25am in Tokyo.

Considering SEGA only seems to be advertising this announcement via social media, it's probably best to keep expectations low.

Last edited:
Anything that Sega announces will be beneficial. It's odd that a company so large is waiting till today to say something about...well, I don't know yet.

Miles708

It's all a fake to make people think about Virtua Fighter, while in reality they've already releasing a new Last Bronx! :messenger_fire:
No, don't say anything, let me dream.

celsowmbr

Banned
so, today is the day...
a3MBR6eA_700wa_0.gif

edit:

Last edited:

Bullet Club

Sega Shiro is played by Hiroshi Fujioka's son Maito Fujioka.

Ehm9ZLs.jpg

This year, sixty years will have passed since Nihon Goraku Bussan Co. Ltd., the predecessor of Sega, was established on June 3, 1960. We are indebted to everyone who has patronized the Sega Group for many years, and would like to express our deep gratitude to all of you.

We want to astonish the world with breath-taking experiences that no one in the world has ever imagined. We want to be a company that continues to provide inspirational experiences to everyone in the new world of the future.

That is why we must overcome all obstacles and keep taking on new challenges.

The key message of the 60th anniversary, “GO SEGA,” expresses such aspirations.

The Sega Group is planning a variety of special contents for this 60th anniversary. Through these special contents, we will deliver the passion of the Sega Group to the entire world.

Haruki Satomi

Sega Holdings Co., Ltd.
Chairman (Representative Director)

Last edited:

Fat Frog

Sega"saturn" Shiro was announcing Sega Saturn console and games on TV.(Sonic R, Shining Force III)

Sega Shiro will announce Sega mini consoles and revivals on YouTube.

Virtua Fighter 6, Daytona 3, Shining Force 4 confirmed ha ha ha :) !!!

"SEGA plans to focus on its best and brightest, with a long-term initiative to invest in fewer games that gamers all know and love while distancing itself from venturing into new titles."
www.thegamer.com/sega-original-ip-revival-best-picks/amp/

Last edited:

Fat Frog

If contents = games, it could be interesting.
It's Haruki satomi we are talking about:

Wonder Boy Remakes/Sequels
Panzer Dragoon Remakes/Sequels
Streets of Rage 4
Shin Sakura Taisen
House of the Dead Scarlet Dawn
Shenmue Remaster
Megadrive Mini
Monkey Ball Remaster
Space Channel 5 VR

Internal games or not, he decided to highlight, greenlight projects from the past...
Hopes are allowed. (The message is "a variety" of special contents)

Last edited:

cireza

Banned
It's Haruki satomi we are talking about:

Wonder Boy Remakes/Sequels
Panzer Dragoon Remakes/Sequels
Streets of Rage 4
Shin Sakura Taisen
House of the Dead Scarlet Dawn
Shenmue Remaster
Megadrive Mini
Monkey Ball Remaster
Space Channel 5 VR

Internal games or not, he decided to highlight, greenlight projects from the past...
Hopes are allowed. (The message is "a variety" of special contents)
I know, but these are budget efforts with the exception of Sakura Wars, which was the title that arrived in first place in their survey some years back.

I still like the man and how he is trying to move the company forward while both keeping a profitable activity and making games for fans.

Fat Frog

Saori Kobayashi will work on Psnzer dragoon Remake which is interesting since she wasn't involved in the original game (she composed for Saga, Orta)

cireza

Banned
Saori Kobayashi will work on Psnzer dragoon Remake which is interesting since she wasn't involved in the original game (she composed for Saga, Orta)
She recently released an arranged soundtrack for Saga (that I have at home). Good material.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I thought they were supposed to finish this remake last year..

I'm already seeing it. They're gonna finish the remake of the first one, and once again Zwei will remain a Saturn exclusive.

Fat Frog

I thought they were supposed to finish this remake last year..

I'm already seeing it. They're gonna finish the remake of the first one, and once again Zwei will remain a Saturn exclusive.
That's why we must buy this remake + Orta on X-Box market place.
Hopefully parts of Zwei will be visited on Panzer Dragoon Voyage Record.

Are they really this dumb? I LOVE Sega. They are my all time favourite company. The Master System was the first console I ever had and Sega defined my childhood and teenage years right into my early adulthood until the OG Xbox release. But hyping this when people are dying to for actual games from them is an insult. Not even a Sega Ages game.

Be patient, guys. June is their 60th anniversary and I'm sure we'll get a new Sonic along with some other SEGA game announcements. It sounds like they are focusing more on their existing IPs instead of creating new ones too.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I told ya all he looked too scrawny and like boy band material for him to be a true successor to the mighty Segata Sanshiro. His predecessor would beat the shit out of him with a Saturn and make him eat the controllers. He's not even beating up the girls for not playing, he's just being a nerdcreep!

Alas, he died to save Sega from our sins (and it was in vain, god, idiots didn't buy enough Dreamcasts)...

Last edited:

Fat Frog

I told ya all he looked too scrawny and like boy band material for him to be a true successor to the mighty Segata Sanshiro. ...

I don't see the point recycling exactly the jokes of Segata... The old father was beating people in night clubs,the son will make them fall in love. :)
in-love-gif-26.gif

It's SEEEGA SHIROOOOOH

I think Sega wanted to send us a Wink using Segata's Real son in funny videos.
(But we cannot blame the poor boy for being cute... Let's give him a chance)

Last edited:

Fat Frog

A Sega-Mag journalist (Tonton Sega) asked last year Futatsugi about a Panzer Dragoon Saga Remake. Futatsugi:

"I would love to, but I cannot say more for the moment"

;)
(Yuzo Koshiro almost gave the same answer when he was asked about his presence in Streets of rage 4)

tontonsega - le 26 mars 2020 à 23:36

pour avoir itw le prod de Saga l'an dernier, quand j'ai evoque le sujet du remake, sa reponse a été " j'adorerais mais je ne peux pas en dire plus. " a traduire par c'est en cours, on y pense,ça va venir.

Sega mag is like the french segabits

Last edited:
Top Bottom