• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA teasing an announcement for their 60th anniversary (Virtua Fighter 6?)

Mista

Banned
ETfM43yWAAInChV

SEGA is teasing an announcement for their 60th anniversary

The picture above says "6 days" .. I have Virtua Fighter 6 in mind

What do you think GAF?

Shin

Banned
Sega becoming part of Xbox Game Studios.
I honestly wish they would, Xbox needs a proper footing in the Asian market, something big.
The website url has segashiro in it though, so perhaps we are reading too much into it and they trolling our asses.

hqdefault.jpg

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
If they do it, I hope they'll use next gen tech..

I'm really thirsty for another VF, not gonna lie. I'm a proficient player of it, and I haven't played one for a while.

Last edited:

Gargus

Banned
Saturn, dreamcast, sega CD, master system mini or gtfo. Or at least a compilation disc of games from those systems. Other than unless sega has some major kind of surprise then I dont give a shit about a new sonic game or yet another Mario and sonic olympics.

SirTerry-T

Saturn, dreamcast, sega CD, master system mini or gtfo. Or at least a compilation disc of games from those systems. Other than unless sega has some major kind of surprise then I dont give a shit about a new sonic game or yet another Mario and sonic olympics.
I'm beginning to wonder if it maybe Saturn related.

(please be Saturn related)

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Virtua Fighter reboot to be announced in 6 days as part of Sega's 60 year anniversary?
Reboot because no headband on the character and in a time of reboot and remakes it makes sense, Yu Suzuki incl.?

cast.png
71k1FstOorL._AC_SX425_.jpg
Didn't see your message but yeah the last year interview of Yu Suzuki maybe not a coincidence
It also reminds Saturn's project berkley videos.
A fusion of Shenmue and Virtua Fighter ?

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Akira confirmed as Ryo and learned Baji Quan in China
Pic looks awesome though. Getting those Saturn and Dreamcast feels

Last edited:

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Akira confirmed as Ryo and learned Baji Quan in China
Pic looks awesome though. Getting those Saturn and Dreamcast feels

The URL indicates "Sega Shiro".
SEGATA SANSHIRO was dubbing the father of Ryo/Akira, Iwao Hazuki.
bailu_iwao.jpg

d902a1937edc1c0d5cd4b6fd5e00f7dd--the-bee-gees-robin-gibb.jpg

Virtua Fighter reboot in the 60's ha ha ;)

Last edited:

MrA

Banned
wouldn't mind a sega collection with the games they haven't repackaged a million times in the past,
arabian fight, outrunners, some of the quirky sg 1000 games, good master system games, and amazing dreamcast/saturn games, and that weird 3d super scaler fighting game

From what I remember reading, SEGA said they weren't working on Virtua Fighter 6 in late 2018 so it wouldn't have been in development for too long. This looks like it could be a new Virtua Fighter though. Very exciting.

Last edited:

NT80

From what I remember reading, SEGA said they weren't working on Virtua Fighter 6 in late 2018 so it wouldn't have been in development for too long. This looks like it could be a new Virtua Fighter though. Very exciting.
I think what they actually said was "don't expect a new Virtua Fighter any time soon."

a new Virtua Fighter would be absolutely godlike.

It would show to the world, what is the real king of the japanese arcade 3D fighting games again.

Man if it's Virtua Fighter 6, that game would make me preorder the next gen consoles just right now.

That would be so sick and pure happiness.

To me, VF6 is the biggest game ever that SEGA can announce, EVER.

Top Bottom