• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Reveals Growth In Financial Resuly Amid Strong Sales of Shin Megami Tensei V & More

Bullet Club

Sega Reveals Growth In Financial Resuly Amid Strong Sales of Shin Megami Tensei V & More​

Today Sega released its financial results for the third quarter of the fiscal year, related to the period ended on December 31, 2022.

We hear that both net sales and operating profits increased significantly year on year, respectively up 12.6% and 141.5%.

The entertainment content business, which includes games, saw 6.1% growth in sales year-on-year and 11% growth in ordinary income.

The Entertainment Content Business is listed among the drivers of the positive performance and new games including Shin Megami Tensei V, Football Manager 2022, and Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania are all said to have performed strongly.

As a result of the strong results, the company has increased its full-year forecast to 315 billion yen (from 305) in net sales and 30 billion yen (from 21.5) in ordinary income.

The Entertainment Content business’ forecast grew from 230 billion yen in sales to 232.5, and from 32.5 billion yen in ordinary income to 36.

Below you can check out all the relevant data.

yksspmw.jpg

r61BXBl.jpg

wxb5eh5.jpg

uUFsbec.jpg

heRtZLs.jpg

ERH4h7d.jpg

If you’d like to compare, you can check out the results from the previous quarter, released in November.

Source: Twinfinite

I used to feel like Sega came out with so many varied and interesting games when they had their own hardware. When they went purely software, I thought it would mean more of that, but outside of a handful of games, I barely think of Sega anymore. And mostly all of that is just Atlus.

I feel like now that they aren't a hardware manufacturer their focus is to emphasize the games they feel like are strengths for them and ignore genres they felt they needed to produce to ensure the hardware platform had a wide variety of games from all genres.

No mention of Lost Judgement and Sonic Colors sales. I wonder why :lollipop_neutral:
I hope the sales were good.
And surprised by SMB selling so much :lollipop_grinning_eyes:
Deserved! I think it was an improvement in almost every way, especially combat and side content!

Top Bottom