• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Rally 2006 Review - The Japanese Exclusive

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In January of 2006, a Sega Rally game made its way to the PS2 in Japan. And there it would stay.

Episode Notes:

1. Captured on real PS2 hardware.

2. There is a South Korean version of this if you're looking for an alternative language.

3. There are about a dozen cars you can unlock in this one. All are licensed from makers like Ford and Subaru.

4. There are a ton of variations for the tracks. Most have day/night/weather versions.

5. Most of the cars feel the same unless you go tinkering with the tires and weight distribution. That's when the game really starts to feel different from the original.

6. The original Sega Rally that is included in the LE, was never sold on its own.

7. My Framemeister hated this game. The constantly switching resolution caused blackouts bad enough to cause me to start races a few seconds behind.

8. This game with the original Sega Rally is not overly expensive. I have seen it go under $50 pretty regularly.

Top Bottom