• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega is becoming its weird and wonderful self again

These are internal studios.

Unleashed, Colors, Lost World, Generations and Forces are all good to great games.

Internal output from Japan is great overall. Maybe go and check/play some of the recent games to see by yourself ?

Can't believe we are still getting this overused narrative 10 years later.
Wrong
Right
Wrong
Right
Wrong
Right
Wrong
Right
Wrong
Right

How can you anybody say that Colors is bad ? Colors is awesome. Generations, far from being my favorite, had great reviews (maybe because it targeted older players much more ?). People don't like Sonic because they grew up and forget that it is targeted towards kids, with the exception of Mania that was strictly targeted at older players.

Even Sonic Team Racing is actually a pretty big leap forward in terms of presentation and overall polish, still it is going to have lower reviews that Transformed. The reason is that the game is targetting kids, more than Transformed which was strongly oriented towards older players.

Forces is the highest quality Sonic in terms of polish, how the game looks and runs on all consoles, and the biggest localization effort to date.

Every. Single. Time. When a Sonic game targets older players, it gets better reviews.

Since restructuring, Sega has been making all the right efforts in terms of quality, polish and localization, and anyone who follows a bit the company can clearly see this.

eh, those 3d sonics you guys named are okay to good at best.

There should have been, but never were, games that did for Sonic what 64, Galaxy and Oddysee did for Mario.

Not one of those 'great' 3d sonic games will ever be on people's minds when they're thinking about 'best 100 games of all time' or w/e. Sonic 1-3 and CD could be on that list.

cireza

Banned
Tokyo Mirage Encore has been announced, and once again, the game will be localized in several languages in Europe. This was not the case of the initial entry on Wii U.

Sega has been making these kind of efforts systematically recently, and this is for the best.

These are internal studios.

Unleashed, Colors, Lost World, Generations and Forces are all good to great games.

Internal output from Japan is great overall. Maybe go and check/play some of the recent games to see by yourself ?

Can't believe we are still getting this overused narrative 10 years later.

Yes SEGA Japan output has been really good of late, not up there with the SEGA Enterprises days, but the best under Sammy. I get a little bored of people knocking Sonic, the last 4 Sonic 3D games have been good,, even Sonic Forces wasn't bad, just a big step backwards from Sonic Gen. I find the people who bash Sonic and got the most to say about the Sonic 3D games, are the one who doesn't own the games in question and just jump on the hate bandwagon like with the COD games.

I really wish SEGA would leave the Yakuza IP have a rest and let the team make a sequel to Binary Domain :)

Top Bottom