• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega has announced a Mega Drive Mini 2, including Mega CD games

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Yes...there's some good stuff on that list, but the Astro City Mini doesn't count to me unless it's a compilation on current consoles. Some odd ball device westerners have to battle scalpers to get does not count.
It counts (it proves Sega didn't ignore its arcade legacy) but yeah Sega as usual did a half assed job: I like Okunari but do you know what was his answer to a Game Gear fan about a Mini(instead of Micro) in the west with all the 20 games ? He implied the fan was greedy... What ? Asking for 20 games is being greedy ? That day, he was in a bubble... He is doing overall a good job though.

KellyM

Great job by Victor Ireland holding the Lunar games hostage. Personally, I’m happy his company failed. Guy has always been a self important twat.
Yeah, I don't think his current company Gaijinworks has even produced anything. If it had no one has ever talked about it and it never been advertised. I don't see why he couldn't have just taken then one payment instead of asking for royalties. I think it more that he still holds a grudge toward Sega, Even though the guy he hated, Bernie Stolar, is long gone from the company and is even dead.

Rodolink

was eagerly waiting for European release and now that it's confirmed is now showing on Amazon :/

edit: typo now -> not
it's not yet listed in amazon.de 😭

Last edited:

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Yeah, I don't think his current company Gaijinworks has even produced anything. If it had no one has ever talked about it and it never been advertised. I don't see why he couldn't have just taken then one payment instead of asking for royalties. I think it more that he still holds a grudge toward Sega, Even though the guy he hated, Bernie Stolar, is long gone from the company and is even dead.
Gaijinworks has done stuff, but they havent had anything make it to market in 5 years

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Just want to know...what games has Vic published under Gaijinworks.. I don't think i have ever seen a game under theiir label ever.
Not counting PSN rereleases of old WD stuff and WiiWare shit, Miami Law for DS, Class of heroes for PSP and PS3 and the Summon Night games for PSP, PS4 and Vita.

Thats an impressive list of games. I'm getting one of these machines for sure, assuming I can find one.
I have the original Lunar 1 and 2 on the old sega cd and It's not as good as everyone remembers, but it should have been included anyway.
Any chance that Sonic CD has both soundtracks?

Last edited:

Ozzie666

Eventually no one is going to care about Lunar games and they will miss out on any pay day. Snatcher is probably the the worst omission. Maybe Konami can make their own mini console with games from various consoles, or just a collection re-release.

lachesis

Eventually no one is going to care about Lunar games and they will miss out on any pay day. Snatcher is probably the the worst omission. Maybe Konami can make their own mini console with games from various consoles, or just a collection re-release.
They did… PC Engine Mini. I think they own Hudson’s catalogs too. So PC Engine Mini literally had Konami branding on the bottom of the unit…. and also had Snatcher.

I do agree that it’s a shame no Snatcher though. Kinda understandable as there was no JP ver of Sega CD Snatcher as far as I know. It was western only release, and Kojima didn’t even know about it apparently. (Please correct me if I’m misinformed)

lachesis

Just received mine via DHL. Kinda surprised how fast it came...

vAHinXk.jpg

The unit feels solid (a bit heavier than I thought it would be)
Nice solid tactile feel on the power switch and reset button as well.
It came with USB power block. For some reason I thought it wouldn't.

I like the 6 button pad (U.S. Sized) included...
Below is the size comparison shot for 6 button pad for the JP/Asia MD Mini that I bought.
I thought it felt little too small and weird - as I was accustomed to the OG pad and US 6 button pad.

YVxf5LM.jpg

Edit: A couple weird finding - it's got no power-on LED. :(
And maybe it's not surprising that I can't also insert the Japanese version of mini replica cartridge... (it won't fit in)

Last edited:

pramod

Banned
Just ordered my Mega Drive Mini 2, can't wait to check out the "enhanced" versions of Truxton, Space Harrier 2, etc....

I want this thing for Final Fight Cd alone prettymuch. Not liking the fact it comes with only 1 controller and the $23 shipping either.

What's a decent 2nd controller you can order ?

diffusionx

Gold Member
I was going to get one of these for the form factor, but the iffy SegaCD game list plus the fact I spent so much money years ago on a MegaSG and EverDrive Pro meant that reason just won out. I’ll preorder a Saturn Mini day one though.

Sojiro

I was going to get one of these for the form factor, but the iffy SegaCD game list plus the fact I spent so much money years ago on a MegaSG and EverDrive Pro meant that reason just won out. I’ll preorder a Saturn Mini day one though.
Man I would love to see a Saturn mini, that console is still completely unexplored territory for me, but I know of a large number of games that I would love to try out on it. Not sure Sega will go with the Saturn if they do another mini, but I hope they do. Got my Genesis Mini 2 around a week ago and really like it, hoping to see Hakchi get it hacked so we can add some better Sega CD games that are sorely missing from the system, but even until then, I have been having a lot of fun with the system right now.

Last edited:

Crew511A

Man I would love to see a Saturn mini, that console is still completely unexplored territory for me, but I know of a large number of games that I would love to try out on it. Not sure Sega will go with the Saturn if they do another mini, but I hope they do. Got my Genesis Mini 2 around a week ago and really like it, hoping to see Hakchi get it hacked so we can add some better Sega CD games that are sorely missing from the system, but even until then, I have been having a lot of fun with the system right now.

Why not just hack the original SG Mini, get an OTG cable and add the entire Sega CD and 32X library?

Top Bottom