• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega, Bandai Namco and Square Enix joins the growing digital E3 2021 roster

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Speaking in an interview with Nikkei (Japanese), Yosuke Matsuda was asked which Square Enix titles he was looking forward to in 2021.

Outriders, the release of which was postponed, was released on April 1,” Matsuda replied, “and NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… will also be released in April. In addition, Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade will be released in June.

“We’ll be announcing the rest of the line-up [later], and we’re also planning to make an announcement at E3 in June, so please keep your eyes peeled.”

It’s not clear whether Matsuda’s comment refers to this next presentation (and whether it will be an official part of the E3 schedule), or whether it simply means Square Enix will be revealing a new game at the Xbox or Nintendo presentations.

Thanks mods for the title change

Thanks Positivity GIF

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Hopefully they'll announce an HD remaster of Final Fantasy VII Remake: Intergrade, lets get back to the good ol days of E3 2015!

It means supporting a unified announcement of games over 3-5 days instead of 3 months across multiple channels.

Whatever they attempted last year was awful, and is significantly worse than the normal E3 schedule you can get excited about and take a day or two off work to watch.
Oh yeah, I'm 100% with you in that last year was a mess and stupid. I also hope they keep things close because I am a big fan of the "event" nature of these things. Some people are kinda weird about "E3" itself though which is what I don't get.

mortal

Gold Member
I'm not expecting anything regarding FFVII Remake part 2 to be shown off. At most I expect we'll get little blurb from Nomura during that time.

New trailers for FFXVI and Forspoken seem likely. Curious to see more of what the greater world looks like in FFXVI. Wondering if they plan to go full openworld this time.

FFXV was a weird amalgamation of awkward linear segments with vast, and often barren, regions.
Duscae was a pretty cool region to explore for the most part. Hope FFXVI leans into that sense of grandeur, with plenty of fantastical fauna & flora to bring the environments to life. As well as interesting landmarks and dungeons to explore.

After last gen, my standards for open world design has risen considerably.
Can't just be pretty looking window dressing. Need worlds to feel lived-in and reactive to the player's presence and actions. If I'd much rather fast travel whenever presented with the opportunity, then it's indicative that open world isn't all that interesting to explore imo.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Top Bottom