• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega announces Game Gear Micro

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Sonic Cycle strikes again.

mcjmetroid

I'm gonna say people are going to be disappointed here.

I don't know A) how we'll this has been translated to English and B) how full of shit famitsu are.

The Microsoft buyout is unlikely. Wouldn't that be announced themselves rather than a magazine getting there first?

My guess is a Mini console to be honest. Like a Sega arcade game cabinet collection.

Haha I was fairly accurate in the predictions thread. Ok it's not an arcade mini console.

Please remember this shit Everytime Famistu pull this shit again. They've done this before.

mcjmetroid

Let's be honest here though. Who give sa flying shit about the game gear? A good chunk of it was mastersystem ports anyway.

I mean it's not a bad idea on theory but if I was Sega I would be pissed at the way this was hyped by Famistu. I'm not sure whether it was a mistranslation or what but they hardly intended it to be compared to the ps5 in any way.

I am hoping this is just a novelty thing Sega is putting out before announcing an actual decent handheld. Sony leaving that space opens a lane to compete with Nintendo (like back in the old days).
Maybe fitting one of the new AMD low power apus they are releasing in the ultrathin laptop market and call it a day.

Then, a unicorn comes flying in and farts a full double rainbow, shitting ice cream and candy...

Wouldn't that be something? :)

Chastten

Banned
Okay, I'm a big fan of the mini consoles but this is just a tad too small for my taste.

Even if I'd buy it mostly as a collectible I do like to be able to play it, and this doesn't look like it'll allow me to do that :(

Last edited:

SNG32

I love how a lot of people let there imagination go wild about Microsoft buying Sega and the big news turns out to be a fuckin key chain game gear.

acm2000

In this thread people take things waaaay too seriously....

This is a novelty collectible as part of 60 year celebrations, and a pretty amazing one at that, if Nintendo released a novelty Gameboy keyring like this people would go crazy for it.

If it gets hacked and has enough storage to at least put my fave games on I'd totally get one for the lols.

the_master

So, you have to buy 4 Game Gear Micros to have 16 games total???
What a rip off

Edit: 41€ 4 games, 164$ 16 games

Last edited:

chigstoke

Jesus Christ, a person's fucking thumb will be bigger than the D-Pad. What an absolutely ludicrously small device.

So we have this and 'Fog Gaming' to look forward to. Joy be to SEGA, kings of disappointment yet again.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Let's be honest here though. Who give sa flying shit about the game gear? A good chunk of it was mastersystem ports anyway.

I mean it's not a bad idea on theory but if I was Sega I would be pissed at the way this was hyped by Famistu. I'm not sure whether it was a mistranslation or what but they hardly intended it to be compared to the ps5 in any way.
shut your damn mouth BOY :pie_roffles:

Last edited:

GV82

Awww this is it?

If it was bigger I would have bought one for nostalgic reasons.

I used to have Star Wars, Columns, Mortal Kombat 2, , Shinobi and I think Tennis

cireza

People can buy one or four Game Gear Micro sure.

Or, they can buy a real one used, and have it modded by Mc Will. Here is mine :

WNsnMmD.jpg

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Different games for different colors systems? That's enough to make me lose interest and that's before making the Gameboy Micro look huge.

ROMhack

Mini consoles are the hardware equivalent of Simulator games.

Too many and always disappointing.

Last edited:
Yeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

SEEEEEGAAAA

40€.

b50ab846d4249069124e56a15de8994c.gif

It is said not to be the Famitsu announcement.

Last edited:
God damn it SEGA, I hope you include Master System games on it and used my thread ideas to add as much on the damn thing.

Oh damn...so they segmented their games for each one? If this comes out in the west, you need to inclide all the games on one Version.

Last edited:
Top Bottom