• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seems Sony Are Fixing The Discount Error For PS+ Plans Upgrading To Extra/Premium/Deluxe [UP: confirmed "technical error"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yeah the idea someone accidentally included the past purchase price in their calculation.. is so damn far fetched lol

I kinda want to believe that because it's way funnier than the more likely scenario.
Even more far fetched.... it's supposed to be some technical mistake nobody knew about as some claim, yet somehow customer service was all ready to go to tell callers what the issue is and payment calculation required before upgrading to a higher tier.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Everyone happy? Everyone happy.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
yes a mistake, but good luck fully writting this code without this intention LMAO

Hey I'm just glad the problem was fixed before it really became a major issue. And like others have said, even if it was intentional it's impossible for these companies to ignore the fallout online these days.

Wouldn't it be illegal if they did do this?

For example if I bought something at a discounted price I shouldn't be charged more after I bought the product.

Gotta think that it's definitely illegal in places like the United States. Other places? 🤷‍♂️

Fredrik

It was the only possible outcomes and I was right all along.
Sorry if I know how things work.
Please go into the PAL version PS classics thread and talk, I need to know what to expect on that one, already lived a couple decades in the PAL hell, don’t need any more of that.

user1337

So I have a slightly different question , if anyone has seen or heard anything about it:

I have a ps+ sub till June 2023. I am assuming that just as PS+ codes/cards could be purchased from external retailers even the upgrades would be purchasable? If so...and let's say they become available this year, and I buy a 12 month pack...would that add PS+ extra at the end of June or would it somehow turn my current sub into PS+ extra for 12 months and stack the remainder of my time on standard PS+ to go past June 2023 (however long is left)?

Did any of that make sense to anyone?! I'm confusing myself!

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Turns out I was half joking when I said everyone would be beta-testers for us Europeans lmao.

Sony would never risk the lawsuits that would follow. This wouldn't stick in Europe at least lol
Makes sense. If a corporation is going to test out a new pricing fee, better to test it in a small market. Just imagine if they had this crazy top up payment at launch for US or Europe.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I'm sure ManaByte ManaByte is relieved. Dude was mega concerned.

Something tells me this won't get nearly the traffic the other thread got.
Lol because it's clear Sony reversed course after getting slammed in the press about it. This thread should get traffic if only to call them out on an obvious reversal. There's no way that pricing upgrade path was released without validation and approval.

xHunter

So many disappointed people today. Yesterday was like Christmas for many around here.

Like I said, it never made any sense. Glad to see it was caught and fixed incredibly quickly.
People will still believe some random support staff over one of the official twitter accounts.

So I have a slightly different question , if anyone has seen or heard anything about it:

I have a ps+ sub till June 2023. I am assuming that just as PS+ codes/cards could be purchased from external retailers even the upgrades would be purchasable? If so...and let's say they become available this year, and I buy a 12 month pack...would that add PS+ extra at the end of June or would it somehow turn my current sub into PS+ extra for 12 months and stack the remainder of my time on standard PS+ to go past June 2023 (however long is left)?

Are you asking if you have a current PS+ sub, and you get a year sub for PS+ Extra now (today), would it convert the next 12 months of your PS+ sub into PS+ Extra or add PS+ Extra at the end of your current 3-year sub?

If I read that right? 😂. I'm just gonna guess that it would convert the next 12 months of your 3-year plan into PS+ Extra. Hopefully someone else can answer the question tho just in case.

It’s official:

Nice 😎👍

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

They haven't said if there will be retail cards for the higher subscription tiers or not.

Right now, the only way to upgrade to the higher tiers in Asia is to purchase the upgrade in full for the entirety of the time on your account. So if you have PS+ through June 2023 (approx 12 months) that will be converted automatically to PS+ Essential - then you'll need to pay approximate $60 to upgrade your account to premium through that same time frame. Hopefully that process changes somehow in the future, some of us have years and years stacked and don't want to pay hundreds of dollars upfront.

Topher

Gold Member
Lol because it's clear Sony reversed course after getting slammed in the press about it. This thread should get traffic if only to call them out on an obvious reversal. There's no way that pricing upgrade path was released without validation and approval.

I don't know, man. How stupid do you have to be to think you'll be able to get away reversing out previous discounts? That's the only doubts I have in my mind about all this. The sheer idiocy of doing this thinking they would get away with it.

In other words, how stupid is Jim Ryan really?

Freezing Jim Carrey GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom