• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seagate - 1TB Game Drive for Xbox Series X and Series S Is $220 / 270€

Mmnow

Far too much, but I think we all guessed it would be.

Hopefully games don't get so big that we need one of these just to have a decent selection installed, but I'm not holding my breath.

alstrike

Yikes.
Is it 2TB?

giphy.gif

In Spain the price is 250€, not that it makes it that much better.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
People has been upgrading his hard drive on PS4 for years. Probably they will provide a user friendly system

I don't think you realize how NVMe SSDs are installed. It's not the same as a mechanical drive or SATA SSD.

Last edited:

All_Might

What is that price, just add 20€ and buy a Series S. 270€ is very overpriced, but there is always the option to just wait until prices come down a bit. It’s still good to have options though.

Tulustan

Neo Member
Well, gonna hold off as long as possible and use the physical HDD's for cold storage and back compat as much as possible.

Ellery

Yeah I agree. Has to be an error. Anybody paying 270€ for that would be stupidly stupid.

Probably will be corrected to 189€ or 199€ soon.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Seagate has a manufacturing license, because these SSDs are proprietary. MS has only licensed Seagate so far.
I was just asking if they are not planning more vendors, but I guess it stays the same.

The PS1 had system link where you could plug two consoles in to one another to play coop n shit.

Do modern day consoles do the same with ether net n wireless?
Yeah MS still has system link however you need two copies of the game, so it's pretty useless.

T-Cake

Ffffffffff----. I better keep on saving my MS reward points up. This time next year, I might have enough to knock half off that SSD price. 😕

Just bought a 5TB WD usb external from Bestbuy for $107.
It would take between 10 and 15 min to move a 100GB game over to the internal SSD.
I think my math is right. 125 meg per second.

pasterpl

Xbox Wire: Is my existing USB-based HDD/SSD with my library of games compatible with Series X|S?

Jason Ronald: Yes! It is easy as unplugging your existing external USB 3.1 HDD or SSD from your Xbox One and connecting it to your Xbox Series X | S and all your games are instantly available. You can continue to play your favorite Xbox One games, including backward-compatible Xbox 360 and original Xbox games, directly from the external hard drive.

this I actually like a lot

THE:MILKMAN

Why does the price for this vary between different Euro countries? I thought the whole point of the Euro was the same price across countries?

Don't the consoles themselves cost the same in all Euro countries i.e. €299/€499?

Andodalf

Banned
We'll have "journalists" or "influencers" trying this out in weeks to come to prove if they've stuck with that or not.

Weird that you would assume MS would just go back on their word and lie, they’re not the company that’s been doing that these past few weeks

“You can also use USB 3.1 storage to store next generation games, optimized to take full advantage of the Xbox Velocity Architecture, for quick transfer and play on Series X|S.“

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Saw this one coming. Proprietary storage gonna have people locked into this shit for the generation while the non proprietary drives for PS5 will come down in price pretty quickly. I do think the PS5 drives will be more expensive initially though.
Worth it for the convenience alone imo.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
“You can also use USB 3.1 storage to store next generation games, optimized to take full advantage of the Xbox Velocity Architecture, for quick transfer and play on Series X|S.“
Somewhat confusing wording there, because I originally thought "oh well then this is kinda all for nothing".

You can store next-gen games on a USB 3.1 hard drive, but in order to actually play them you have to then copy the games from USB to the internal SSD or expansion card.

frIsly1.png

Andodalf

Banned
Somewhat confusing wording there, because I originally thought "oh well then this is kinda all for nothing".

You can store next-gen games on a USB 3.1 hard drive, but in order to actually play them you have to then copy the games from USB to the internal SSD or expansion card.

frIsly1.png

Yes, it can be used as storage for transfer.

Top Bottom