• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seagate - 1TB Game Drive for Xbox Series X and Series S Is $220 / 270€

jaysius

Banned
Yeah no, that’s too much in Canadian Tire money for me. Gonna need a price drop before I’m going to consider that.

If only it was priced like the trash at Crappy Tire... it'd go on sale for $9.99, they are seriously the fucking worse with their "HUGE SALES" of high low pricing, jesus fuck the pots and pans with $400 off making them $59.99 such awful psychology. Also while we're at it fuck Shopper and their 40%+ VIG on top of MSRP on almost everything in the store.

Last edited:

ManaByte

People can justify the tech all they want. If you pay $220 for 1TB of storage over just hooking up a HDD you a sucka or you got more cash than you know what to do with. If that's you good on you, but that's certainly not me.

Next gen games can’t run on a normal external HDD. They require a NMVe SSD.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I currently have an 8tb each for my PS4 and XB1.

So at this rate I'll basically need to take out a loan to get ample storage for consoles that will have larger install sizes. Cool.

jaysius

Banned

Wait until we get the prices on the SSD's required to meet the INTENSE SSD speed performance that PS5 requires.

I'm sure it'll be a little less, but the price won't be pretty, at least Sony will allow for 3rd party SSDs not strictly proprietary SSDs, there will be slim chances on any alternative brands to make this bizarre niche product for Xbox Series S/X.

Orky

Banned
People can justify the tech all they want. If you pay $220 for 1TB of storage over just hooking up a HDD you a sucka or you got more cash than you know what to do with. If that's you good on you, but that's certainly not me.

its not even an HDD. You don’t know what you are talking about at all.

HTK

Banned
Microsoft's looks like proprietary SSD, I hope Sony's has an actual M.2 slot like a PC but, you have to buy the one that meets the specs from any manufacturer like a PC. I hope they take that approach like they did with PS4 mechanical drives/ssd.

ManaByte

What???

I thought cerny said there’s an expansion slot or something in the back of PS5?

We’ve seen the back.

TV7neLk_d.webp

Orky

Banned
Show me the proof of this claim. As far as I've read this is pure speculation/dreaming.

Its confirmed several times. Where did you read otherwise? Why don’t YOU show US Proof for that claims it’s not supported?! Because I’ve never seen it anywhere.

Some of these new features rely on the Series X’s custom SSD which means new games built for the Series X have to reside on either the internal or extended SSD drives. These games won’t work if they reside on the external HDD. They can be stored on the HDD as a backup but they’ll have to be transferred to one of the SSDs to be played.

Show me the proof of this claim. As far as I've read this is pure speculation/dreaming.
Your literally the first person I've seen that doesn't know this is a thing.

its not even an HDD. You don’t know what you are talking about at all.
What are you talking about? I never called it a HDD I said "If you pay $220 for 1TB of storage over just hooking up a HDD you a sucka or you got more cash than you know what to do with."

wolffy71

Banned
With how many ssd are gonna be getting made and sold, these prices will surely drop significantly. It may take a year or two so we are gonna have to wait or bite the bullet

Top Bottom