• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sea of Thieves Season Two: Official Content Update Trailer

Vasto

Summary
  • Season Two is the latest Sea of Thieves content update, available April 15 and free for all players with Xbox Game Pass and across Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows 10 and Steam.
  • Seasonal progression allows all players to earn Renown and rewards, with optional Trials to boost progress and a purchasable Plunder Pass to expand the reward pool.
  • Brand new Forts of Fortune offer new challenges for battle-hardened pirates, and Merchant Alliance Trade Routes grant Emissaries a new way to earn riches on the seas.

You just need to get chatting on the mic to make friends on SoT, generally it's a pretty fun community. It's better with your own friends but definitely a game with a more welcoming and fun community overall. There's always asshats 'n 'swashbucklers abound though.

The new seasons looks brilliant. My son and friends till play quite a bit, I'll jump on occasionally with them or some XBL friends who are mad about SoT.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I like that they have yet another slog of a world event that takes forever and incentivizes other ships to camp outside and steal all the hard work you just did. I get that’s the “pirate life” bullshit but I wish they had a half loot mode where I didn’t have to worry about that. One of the reasons I never go for forts or Ashton winds fights.

iHaunter

Wow, they really added nothing. Buy crates, which are just more of the same items. Some minor costumes, and another skeleton event.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
I really love the look and feel of Sea Of Thieves, but playing it is such a weirdly alienating slog. Half the time, I have no idea what the fuck I'm supposed to be doing, where I'm supposed to be going, or how long anything is supposed to be taking, and I go do other stuff. I get that they wanted to force players to play co-op, but even then, I don't know that the loop works to the degree that they think it does.

Wish this game was better for single players. I love boating but this is just pants on your own, a damn shame.
Exactly, if this game had a better single player campaign it would be such a blast. All the mechanics work quite well. The visual are also very enjoyable. It is a shame.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Wish this game was better for single players. I love boating but this is just pants on your own, a damn shame.
This is the best 60 bucks I spend on a game I can never play.

Looks so fun, love pirates, don't have a crew,not soloable.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I have tried this game 3 or 4 times now but always move on to something more fast passed. Super happy it's still doing great! maybe I need to find the right crew.

It's "Busy work with no reward" the game. Such a cool idea but a real missed opportunity.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
rebel-wilson-funny-quotes-44.gif

Dr.Morris79

Pretty much, I think it's one of my most installed/uninstalled games to date, it looks great on the Series X too. I did try playing with my son but he's as useful as a chocolate teapot, then he bogged off and played Train sim, useless.

Exactly, if this game had a better single player campaign it would be such a blast. All the mechanics work quite well. The visual are also very enjoyable. It is a shame.
But you can play all the campaing solo, it's super fun!
Sometimes you need to play smart, ask for help, hide, but this make the run much more unpredictable.

Try yourself!

nikolino840

I have found out that is easy to find a crew...ask here for example..i have found people to play sot with forums and Xbox themed telegram chats

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Is there a lobby/matchmaking system in game to get a crew?
Apparently there is but..
I have found out that is easy to find a crew...ask here for example..i have found people to play sot with forums and Xbox themed telegram chats
While this feature being nice and all, as a dad that has different hours of the day to play so it's hard to schedule with others.

nikolino840

Apparently there is but..

While this feature being nice and all, as a dad that has different hours of the day to play so it's hard to schedule with others.
Like everyone i think,that's why i use telegram/WhatsApp once you met someone to play a quest or a raid

Top Bottom