• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sea of Thieves adding under sea strongholds in Season 4 (September 23rd)

Rockondevil

Gold Member
Man I destroyed this game for it's first year of release. Got PL within first 4-5 weeks, though being a tester prior to release helped having some prior knowledge.

I absolutely love the game and wish I had the time to get back into it but kids make it hard to have a worthwhile play session.
And no group of friends that play doesn't help either. Having to LFG can be a pain every time.

Last edited:

Phase

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Just wish I had friends to play this with. Too bad they have made little accommodation for solo players.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
this is more of a coop then a single player right? such a stunning looking game.
Sadly yes.

I bought it for some years ago when it was on sale. Have 30 minutes of playtime in it because my friends didn't jump in.

The game in my library I'm most excited to play but can't.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Sadly yes.

I bought it for some years ago when it was on sale. Have 30 minutes of playtime in it because my friends didn't jump in.

I've filled my friends lists up for 30 years by playing with strangers and making friends that way. Sea of Thieves isn't toxic at all either. Come on broski, you can do it!

Flintty

Tempted to buy 3 xboxes for me and the kids simply to play this game, it just looks so good for a co-op game
It’s amazing with kids. I usually play a 4 man ship with the wife and my two sons (cross play with PC a godsend!), and it’s a blast. We didn’t play much last season but I’m looking forward to this update.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I've filled my friends lists up for 30 years by playing with strangers and making friends that way. Sea of Thieves isn't toxic at all either. Come on broski, you can do it!

Well yeah, but I prefer being able to log in and log out whenever it suits me and don't want to ruin it for others.

elliot5

Tempted to buy 3 xboxes for me and the kids simply to play this game, it just looks so good for a co-op game
If MS would just offer a game pass family plan they could even stream the game (assuming you have some phones/tablets/screens to use) to play together. It runs surprisingly well with SOT especially with touch controls and kids are very accustomed to touch controls these days. Console would be ideal though :p

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Well yeah, but I prefer being able to log in and log out whenever it suits me and don't want to ruin it for others.

The amount of 3 man groups who would prefer a player like you ("I have to bounce at a monents notice") to make a 4th, is extremely high.

Sea of Thieves is actually a game that's pretty conducive to coming and going. It's not like DotA2 / League of Legends where you damn well better play the complete 40 - 50 minute match or else you lose the game for the entire team. It's much more casual in nature.

That being said, I ran into a few random kids with mics, which wasn't fun, on SoT so you kinda got to search for the right group.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
If MS would just offer a game pass family plan they could even stream the game (assuming you have some phones/tablets/screens to use) to play together. It runs surprisingly well with SOT especially with touch controls and kids are very accustomed to touch controls these days. Console would be ideal though :p
Yeah they have iPad minis so was kinda hoping MS would sort out it's xcloud and offer a combined family pass, I could play on my laptop

Kadve

I must be getting old. Keep rolling my eyes whenever i see posts like this and remember to the good times when games actually released finished.

Mr.ODST

I must be getting old. Keep rolling my eyes whenever i see posts like this and remember to the good times when games actually released finished.
Clearly tell you havent played this amazing game then.

while it released with not alot of content its extremely good now and fun

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
To be fair, SoT is an ongoing online game. It will only be finished the day they decide to pull the plug on updates.

Schmick

Sadly yes.

Its a shame that fellow NeoGaf dont offer to play with you but i guess time differences can be difficult to deal with.

Schmick

The amount of 3 man groups who would prefer a player like you ("I have to bounce at a monents notice") to make a 4th, is extremely high.

Sea of Thieves is actually a game that's pretty conducive to coming and going. It's not like DotA2 / League of Legends where you damn well better play the complete 40 - 50 minute match or else you lose the game for the entire team. It's much more casual in nature.

That being said, I ran into a few random kids with mics, which wasn't fun, on SoT so you kinda got to search for the right group.
Yea it really easy to join and leave a game. Especially now that Tall Tales missions have checkpoints.

Schmick

Right because every idea that could be thought of and put in a game at launch is possible?! How long do you want games to be in development before they are released to the public!?

Such backward thinking.

The same for No Mans Sky, the game is improving all the time with new content.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Gamers: Live game keeps getting support. BOOOO!!!!
Also Gamers: Wheres the DLC we were promised for Game X. BOOOO!!

Yo do realize Sea of Thieves came out 2+ years ago.
Assuming Season 4 is "actually finished" game, it would only be releasing this year?
And what about Siege? It would be delayed 6 years?

Yeah you are probably just getting old.
Live games are a thing, if you want "complete" experiences without updates theres tons of SP game that you can ignore all the DLC for.

I am curious what times exactly you are talking about though.
Cuz pretty much as long as Ive been gaming, expansion packs have been a thing....so till that last expansion comes out the game isnt
"actually finished" right?

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

Translation: I preferred it when developers walked away after I gave them my money.

Top Bottom