• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ScummVM 2.1.0 "Electric Sheep" has been produced and now supports Blade Runner.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

"Animal sales was a profitable and prestigious business, since most real animals had died out after the Terran War; there were plenty of electric ones, though—" Oh, ahem, didn’t notice you there.

ScummVM Team is thrilled to announce the release of ScummVM version 2.1.0. This release is the culmination of nearly two years worth of work, adding 16 new games based on 8 engines, a Nintendo Switch port and nearly 500 bug fixes. All this done by the hard work of 147 contributors across 8,493 commits.

The newly supported games are:
  • Blade Runner
  • Duckman: The Graphic Adventures of a Private Dick
  • Hoyle Bridge
  • Hoyle Children's Collection
  • Hoyle Classic Games
  • Hoyle Solitaire
  • Hyperspace Delivery Boy!
  • Might and Magic IV - Clouds of Xeen
  • Might and Magic V - Darkside of Xeen
  • Might and Magic - World of Xeen
  • Might and Magic - Swords of Xeen
  • Mission Supernova Part 1
  • Mission Supernova Part 2
  • Quest for Glory: Shadows of Darkness
  • The Prince and the Coward
  • Versailles 1685
In addition, we enhanced the Android and iOS ports considerably. You will also notice the new GUI facelift, improved Roland MT-32 sound emulation, a new pixel-perfect stretching mode, Text-to-Speech support on macOS and Linux, and last but not least, support for synchronizing saves and downloading game data from cloud-based file services (see the up-to-date list of the platforms in our user manual)

As usual, we have improved many of the existing engines: added support for the 25th Myst Anniversary releases, fixed more than 100 original SCI script bugs that have plagued Sierra games for decades, added support for Amiga and FM-TOWNS versions of Eye of the Beholder, improved audio quality in Humongous Entertainment games and added lip sync to the newer LucasArts adventure titles, squashed tons of bugs in Starship Titanic and Bud Tucker. The list goes on and on, and you may see the comprehensive change log here.

Pretty sweet. There was a good patch for running Blade Runner on new PC's but it still had some problems. Notably the shooting gallery in the game was totally broken. Might be time to get the rest of those 13+ endings.

Also a switch port for ScummVM is god tier.

petran79

Banned
Have the game installed as portable, so it will propably work. I remember having borrowed the game from an avid pc gamer 21 years ago but dropping it.

I remember playing Duckman, and I think I remember liking it. That was such a long time ago, though, I can't be sure.

I also remember liking Blade Runner until almost the end when I hit a bug that wouldn't let me continue, and I had no other saves. That was also a long time ago, but I remember the feeling very well, and I won't ever be playing that game again.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I remember playing Duckman, and I think I remember liking it. That was such a long time ago, though, I can't be sure.

I also remember liking Blade Runner until almost the end when I hit a bug that wouldn't let me continue, and I had no other saves. That was also a long time ago, but I remember the feeling very well, and I won't ever be playing that game again.

You're missing out. It really is a wonderful game, and the endings are an important part of that.

Top Bottom