• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scream 5 signs on David Arquette to reprise role of Deputy Dewey

actor and professional wrestler David Arquette has signed on to reprise his role as Dewey Riley. Dewey was introduced as a sheriff's deputy in the first movie and went on to become one of Sidney Prescott's (Neve Campbell) closest friends and a constant target of Ghostface.

it's also known that series screenwriter Kevin Williamson is returning as executive producer.

While the actor mentioned reuniting with the team behind the Scream movies, it's yet to be announced whether he'll be joined by Campbell and Courtney Cox (Gail Weathers) for the new film. Campbell, however, had confirmed negotiations are underway. Interestingly, Matthew Lillard, who played one of the fillers in the first Scream, has expressed interest in returning. That likely won't happen, though

This will be the first installment in the franchise not helmed by director Wes Craven, who died in 2015. In his place, directors Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett (Ready or Not) will lead the charge on the film, which expects to begin shooting later this year. In addition to new directors, James Vanderbilt (Zodiac) and Guy Busick (Ready or Not) are writing the film, taking over for Williamson.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I don’t really know this franchise, but I’m so over the elderly reprising their youth roles to mine nostalgia from millennials in cynical, mediocre/awful sequels, because nobody has any good new ideas.

Hottest of the hot takes, I know, but still. I’ve been wanting to say it for a while.

BRING BACK JILL YOU COWARDS!
NLTEzAv.gif

I don’t really know this franchise, but I’m so over the elderly reprising their youth roles to mine nostalgia from millennials in cynical, mediocre/awful sequels, because nobody has any good new ideas.

Hottest of the hot takes, I know, but still. I’ve been wanting to say it for a while.

they reprised their roles for scream 4 which was actually a solid entry

belmarduk

I can't believe they're actually doing it.
The fourth one wasn't bad at all but it was a major flop.
I'm down, though.

Would it be good without Wes Craven?

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
So basically the only person they've been able to sign onto what will surely be a giant pile of shit is the guy who can't get any other work :messenger_tears_of_joy:

So basically the only person they've been able to sign onto what will surely be a giant pile of shit is the guy who can't get any other work :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Giant pile of shit? You need to get your head out of your ass. It's being directed by the guys who did Ready or Not, and the executive producer is Kevin Williamson (aka the guy wrote the original Scream)

Grinchy

Banned
Giant pile of shit? You need to get your head out of your ass. It's being directed by the guys who did Ready or Not, and the executive producer is Kevin Williamson (aka the guy wrote the original Scream)
Yeah this is sure to be a real winner!

Blade2.0

Yo, reading about a Scream 5 makes it sound like shit, but then reading about the people actually on the movie (Guys who wrote zodiac and Ready or not) and helmed by the Ready or not director. Shit, you got me interested.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Scream is an amazing horror movie

I thought Scream 2 was pretty good as well, but the first one is so good

Are the rest worth watching?

Cutty Flam

Banned
I will have to watch Scary Movie on Netflix now thanks to you hooligans
Damn, you’ve never seen it? I watched it one day only knowing it was popular, but never knew why until that night. Excellent in every category. It’s directed by Wes Craven as well, I was surprised to find at the end of the movie. But it made sense after this one immaculate shot he got during one scene. It’s a fucking good one man, you’ll see

I love the feel of it too. 90s horror flick, takes me back...

Reactions: TGO

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Love this series and how it doesn't take it self seriously.
For me it is the reason the Scary movie films was a bit shit, you can't mock something that mocks itself
TV show sucks ass though

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
Last edited:
Top Bottom