• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scorn Dev on the Differences Between the PS5 and Series X SSDs: "I feel that it will end up a matter of diminishing returns"

Shmunter

All you're doing is showing you didn't understand a word I said. Does VRAM "render pixels" , does RAM? Why do we need good low latency high speed memory seeing as it's not "rendering" anything. Put your supposed CS degree to use.
A degree in Science Fiction

Exodia

Banned
I knew it, I can spot your type a mile away.

Also in what you quoted, you must’ve missed the pixel rendering part because that bit only references asset quality which is exactly what mass memory can provide. But I don’t expect you to know the difference so you’re excused. Glad we had this chat.

A main character model and textures is loaded in at the onset of a level and stays for ever for that level. You can have a 100GB/s SSD and it adds absolutely nothing. Oh wait i forget you are not a dev and never used a game engine before. So you wouldn't know this.

So oblivious. I'm done.

Last edited:

Shmunter

A main character model and textures is loaded in at the onset of a level and stays for ever for that level. You can have a 100GB/s SSD and it adds absolutely nothing. Oh wait i forget you are not a dev and never used a game engine before. So you wouldn't know this.

I'm done. The lack of knowledge is stunning
Yes, ssd adds absolutely nothing.

Main character loaded for a level? Have you even heard of LOD models, rendering budgets.. Yes it is stunning, Yes you are done.

Last edited:

Exodia

Banned
Yes, ssd adds absolutely nothing.

When did i ever say that?I see how it goes. Make false statements about what someone said.

"The faster SSD in PS5 does nothing to model, texture and shader complexity of the main character because everything is loaded in memory at start of level"

Then you turn it into "ssd adds absolutely nothing period".

Main character loaded for a level?

Yes the textures and models for character is loaded in memory. Go make a game. Seriously stop you are embarrassing yourself.

Have you even heard of LOD models

Stop you are embarrassing yourself. Those are loaded in memory at start of the level as well. This is why MS discovered through XOX that 75% of what was in memory was not being used. Again go use a game engine and actually create something. Then you will have an actual practical understanding and not just throw buzz words around.

Do you know what streaming pool size is? This is the problem. You have zero actual understanding and simply just throw buzz words around. Imagine if i was talking to a rocket scientist and throwing around "have you even heard of XXX".

rendering budgets.. Yes it is stunning, Yes you are done.

Best way for you to educate yourself and learn is to go make something. Then in the process of making something you actually learn and understand what these buzzwords are.

Last edited:

LordKasual

Banned
Ok you calling him out on what basis? He is a developer and you not. How do u know how it will perform? You have the devkits.?

People here don't know ABCD of game design and majority of ppl dont even own SSD and give lecture to game dev who work on PC SSDs and console. He may very well also own devkits.

What the hell are you talking about

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Point to a single person that claims ssd results in more pixel rendering.

Magical ssdgpus.

Top Bottom