• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Schreier : Final Fantasy Tactics Remaster In The Works

Ar¢tos

2sy4yv.jpg

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Tight. I haven't played this, except from dabbling in PSP emulation of it, but I love tactics games like XCOM and FFT always comes up in searches of best-ever tactics games. A remake would be a good excuse to really dive in for the first time if they do it well.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Are they going to apply the Super Eagle filter on the sprites of this one too? Tactics Ogre looked attrocious to me because of that.

Graciaus

Just don't try and rebalance the game with major changes like they did with LUCT. There are tons are rom hacks out there that already do that and are likely better than anything SE come up with.

Can't wait to play on the deck.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I really just want a rerelease with some modern QOL features. Even yo this day I still love the look of the game.

Kacho

Is this just going on be a port of the iOS version with the upgraded sprites?
I’d still buy it lol

Wasn't it leaked for PC, PS5, and Switch? (or am I confusing it with something else?)
I don’t think the platforms leaked other than it being on PC. But yeah, this is old news. Still nice to see press sneak fuck confirm since he’s credible.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This is so much more enjoyable than Tactics Ogre. That is a grind and lost me after almost 50 hours. Too much. This universe is more enjoyable for me.

Mr.Phoenix

Sigh... this is one of those things that I think would do so much more if it was just a remake. I am beginning to hate this remastered stuff. Give me a Valkyria chronicles-type spin of this game, please.

FFT is in my gaming top 10.

And while remaking it also remake vagrant story.

Last edited:
Cool. Tactics Ogre is a bit difficult for me to be honest. I haven’t failed a mission yet but I don’t get the levelling stuff. I’ve had a few people die during missions and then I get lumped with level 1s who just get fucked quickly in subsequent missions

Reactions: Fuz

Knightime_X

Tactics ogre isn't bad if you use a trainer to help balance the grind.
It makes it much more enjoyable and picks up the pace greatly.
But you can break the game and make it too easy if you're not careful.

OuterLimits

Tactics Ogre remake is sick. Do it just like that and I’m there.
Please don't have a level cap like Tactics Ogre though.

I enjoyed TO, but honestly preferred Triangle Strategy overall.

During the PS1 days, Vandal Hearts(by Konami) came early in the systems lifespan and in some ways was a more enjoyable SRPG than FF Tactics.

Last edited:
Everyone and their mothers are “leakers” now.
This is more than a leak. We basically already knew this was coming. It was on the Nvidia leak which has been 100% dead on.

There is no reason to expect it to be 2D-HD though. That's just speculation. I'd expect it to be more like the Tactics Ogre Reborn remaster.

SkylineRKR

I hope its like TO Reborn minus the cards. And minus the level cap. I think I like FFT a little bit more. I like the story and characters more, the FF lore ofcourse with Chocobos et al, Cloud as secret character etc. And I like the classes of FFT more, I feel there is more variety.

I love the Turbo feature of TO. It just flows better.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
What didnt you like about it?

I was very disappointed with the story and the characters, understanding that it is a tactical game, but at least it took me too long to level up the characters... The sound effects sound average, and I played it for 4 years after its release.

Besides the fact of fighting with a Boss and then he was on my side but nerfed, I also disliked that detail.

:messenger_pensive:

7235e04c-9ab0-442c-b302-e49efa6011e6.png

Tough . . . Don't blame us.
Blame yourself or God.

:messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call::messenger_clapping:

Top Bottom