• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scavengers Studio creative director( The Darwin Project and Seasons, a PS5 exclusive ) accused of belittling, screaming at, groping employees

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
In office environments, you just got to find the people who are comfortable talking trashy and stick with them. Never send emails. But joking as a group is tough to get grilled.

Many women are just as sleazy and trashy. You just got to know which ones to say and which to watch your mouth.

99% of guys don't give a shit. At worst, they just ignore the dumb jokes and go back to work like nothing happened. Women are totally different and more emotional. Probably not even 50/50.

Boneless

"Someone remarked in front of the group that this feature "wasn't realistic" because the guitar was too complicated for a woman, and that she should play a ukulele instead. This remark went unchallenged"

WTF? lol

What kind of 1950's shit is this? You couldn't even joke about such a thing working at a Wal Mart let alone a game studio. I have no sympathy for those who get fired over this.

REEEEEEEE

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Yeah it's normal and you will find this in every company that exist on planet earth

Journalists don't know what is it like to working on a real job

Those people are so fucking soft
If what is being described in the article is what you call normal at a "real job" you have had a bunch of really shitty Jobs.
Where do you work?
Just so I make sure NOT to work there.

On Topic:
Of course she covered for him.
Kinda dumb to have your pseudo HR manager be the person dating the boss...while the boss is also a dickhead.
Mismanagement 101.
Hopefully they can figure shit out sooner rather than later.
How could a 30 person team be this fucked up....id think having so few people to manage would make life alot easier to handle.

1424071-jeu-the-darwin-project-concu.jpg

driqe

I dont think the thread title really needed to mention he's developing a PS5 exclusive. I dont think his actions are console war related lol.
Didn't think ppl would've known who they were otherwise

Also isnt darwin project an xbox exclusive?

Hosam6xavi

Banned
If what is being described in the article is what you call normal at a "real job" you have had a bunch of really shitty Jobs.
Where do you work?
Just so I make sure NOT to work there.
I worked for 5 years at Unilever as quality assurance before I changed my career to avaition

So don't work at massive companies because you can't handle some fucked up personality here and there for a meeting that take maximum 30 minutes

Black_Stride

I worked for 5 years at Unilever as quality assurance before I changed my career to avaition

So don't work at massive companies because you can't handle some fucked up personality here and there for a meeting that take maximum 30 minutes

Worked at Australias biggest Telecommunications supplier.
We didnt have a boss that behaves like this.
We didnt have a psuedo HR rep who is dating said boss.
We didnt have meetings that were shouting matches.

But if thats how Unilever is, damn I would have thought better of a company that size.
I figured you were gonna say you were a chef or something.

Last edited:

OnionSnake

Banned

I work at a MUCH larger company than Unilever (judging by the fortune500 index, other metrics too judging by their page) and none of this shit is true. Stop making excuses for shitty people, bad look

Umbral

All the reason to secretly record them and save the emails for that reporter. I mean, no one saying anything about a blatant racist remark? I've never worked at any place in retail where someone can just scream that out in a room of other employees and not get fired.

That is a toxic work place begging for that lawsuit.

Be the one to get that settlement.

The second someone makes fun of me and they can be sued, I'll fuck around and show up in court like this.

Lance-in-a-Neck-Brace.jpg
Nobody was prepared with anything to record it because who the hell says something like that out loud in a room of people? Incidents like that are typically one off and random. Recording meetings and saving documents and emails is a good idea though. For me, I’m not a fan of using bureaucracies against people, but I take your point and wouldn’t begrudge someone else doing it.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Boss of 30-40man firm being an arsehole isn't fucking news.

That this is been pushed like its in any way significant or worthy of public attention just shows how rotten things have become.

Its worse than tabloid fodder, because its deliberately feeding into the lynch-mob mentality of social media. Its a ritual public shaming, where an example is made to keep everyone in line and in fear. Its just horrible.

Black_Stride

Boss of 30-40man firm being an arsehole isn't fucking news.

That this is been pushed like its in any way significant or worthy of public attention just shows how rotten things have become.

Its worse than tabloid fodder, because its deliberately feeding into the lynch-mob mentality of social media. Its a ritual public shaming, where an example is made to keep everyone in line and in fear. Its just horrible.

The boss fucking an employee and then the pseudo HR rep firing said employee because she is actually dating the boss.
Is something worth pointing out I def dont want to work at this studio.
So game/biz will obviously have a story on this shit.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Stuff like this happens bosses, managers etc. come up with ways to fuel their employees.

OnionSnake

Banned

CEO steps down during an independent investigation and creative director is suspended.
"To ensure a transparent, fair and unbiased process, I offered to temporarily step down from my role as Chief Executive for the duration of the audit," Lamarche wrote. "I will remain available to support the studio’s normal course of business."

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The boss fucking an employee and then the pseudo HR rep firing said employee because she is actually dating the boss.
Is something worth pointing out I def dont want to work at this studio.
So game/biz will obviously have a story on this shit.

Unless the employee was raped he/she should have known better. Workplace relationships are always dicey because you are converging personal and professional intents and ambitions.

Without knowing the details -and we almost certainly won't without any sort of legal process taking place- who's to say who was the instigator of the relationship, and if there were other salient factors in play leading to their dismissal?

Sorry, I'm just not comfortable with convicting people on the basis of nothing more than accusation, and hearsay about their character.

More than that though I don't believe for a second that drawing attention to what is at worst, bullshit office politics at a small firm, is in any way a public service. Its despicable using salacious gossip for clicks while pretending to be serving a moral good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom