• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scarlet Nexus UK boxed charts: 80% PS, Xbox 20%

Do you have zero self awareness? Do you not recall your first two posts in this thread and ask yourself what discussion you were proposing with them?
I identified this thread as a circlejerk, not a discussion. I posted accordingly. Since I didn't want to only shitpost, I also brought in a point worthy of discussion (absolute number of sales). There was no discussion going on in this thread until that point, only chest thumping by the crew.
Now you're playing the victim and proposing that all discussions on this subject matter (or similar) are no longer discussed here. Why? To protect your feelings?
I have never proposed that. I'm always interested in sales discussions, see Demons Souls.
Regional sales and sales split discussions have always existed here. You should know considering you were obsessively trolling these very same threads with demon's souls comments until you were banned as a result.
I disagree that I ever trolled those threads. I always clearly explained why I think DeS sales are bad. I guess calling it a bomba was seen as bait or something, especially since the crew was very insecure around the DeS sales topic from the beginning. Should've worded it differently.

I'm in the UK I have a Series X and PS5, I basically have always bought PS games physical (miles morales being an exception). especially now with the £70 price tag, and PSN monopoly on game codes, so little chance of a CDKEYS style discount code.
I Last bought Returnal, only after I was able to get it for £40.

I have Gamepass, but when I buy games (which I do often) for Xbox it's almost always digital. Last games I've bought at launch for that are ME trilogy, RE Village, along with a fair few games that were on sale. I was looking at getting Scarlett Nexus, but and this is not a joke, I already do have too many games to play, so I think I can hold out for a drop.

A lot of the reason why Xbox is digital is the rewards points where I can get enough for £10 or so each month for a few minutes a day.

If you tracked me by boxed sales only, I would come across as spending far more on PS than Xbox, when the opposite is true.

Last edited:
This is a good thing for gamers.

Games are getting expensive. Have you bought or thinking to buy SN from what you've seen? I am not excited, will wait for Gamepass, if it comes.

Gamepass can be THE demo station if you think about it. :messenger_sunglasses: :messenger_ok:
I'm thinking of buying it(don't game that much on my summer vacation), physical version is normally priced.
jMW6lX6.png

Then again I'm on PS5, so I'm 80% more likely to purchase any game? :messenger_weary::messenger_ok:

Thirty7ven

Banned
I dont know but what that got to do with the so called 'Gamepass effect'?. Plus Switch must be at least level, if not ahead of XB1.

Fact is some games sell better on Xbox than others. Weeb stuff as far as i know has never done well on Xbox. This Olympics game, the split is much closer. And if this 'Gamepass effect' was real, it would effect every game pretty equally

The gamepass effect is clearly real, Xbox owners already bought less games (tie ratio) than PlayStation, but it seems that as gamepass subs and awareness has grown leaps and bounds, so has the discrepancy in game sales. It has become common to see numbers like the OP.

Which makes sense really, gamepass is an option for the more price conscious, so it stands to reason people who are more price conscious will lean more on gamepass and avoid buying games. How many times have you read “Gamepass is so great I haven’t bought a game in more than a year” or “Gamepass saved me enough money to buy my PS5”.

Last one is a true story.

If you tracked me by boxed sales only, I would come across as spending far more on PS than Xbox, when the opposite is true.

Tired and debunked excuse. Q4 of last year PS digital sales were reaching 80%.

Last edited:

Three

Funny how the split for Tokyo 2020 was -

What happened to the 'Gamepass effect' there?. I suppose Gamepass is effecting Switch sales too lol.
You are more likely to own a PS and Switch (or xb and sw) than an Xbox and PS. Figure out a possible cause for a game like Tokyo 2020.

I dont know but what that got to do with the so called 'Gamepass effect'?. Plus Switch must be at least level, if not ahead of XB1.

Fact is some games sell better on Xbox than others. Weeb stuff as far as i know has never done well on Xbox. This Olympics game, the split is much closer. And if this 'Gamepass effect' was real, it would effect every game pretty equally
Resident Evil is "weeb stuff" too? Come on man.

Last edited:
Gamepass users are trained to only play games when it's on gamepass. It's been their mantra all this time - that no game is worth the full price. That's why each and every game that is not on gamepass will suffer in sales. I hope Sony keeps PSNow the way it is right now. Old GOTY games. $5/month.

Tales from your ass

Last edited:
I think the potential risks for Micrsooft with people being willing to wait for games like this to make it to gamepass like that is that publishers will quickly notice that it's better to launch as standard but then maybe move over to Gamepass a few months down the line when everybody else has already played it. It's seems a better way to deal with things as when the figures have ben discussed they don't make as much with major games using Gamepass as they do by just selling those but Gamepass is less money simply because it's safer and guarunteed money.
For major titles it would make far more sense do all the heavy sales numbers before and maybe even but teh games in a couple of sales to tidy up the remaining people who want it before going on Gamepass and taking in the money a second time. The bigger sales numbers usually happen early on for the higher profile games and that's obviously where the profits are usually made but people waiting for Gamepass should actually really work out well for publishers as it'll be like they're having two launch periods and the second one s guarunteed money too.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
I am talking about console sales.

MS is manufacturing 50% series s systems so 50% people wouldn't consider a boxed version.

Sony is manufacturing 90% disc versions. So potential and actual customer base is higher for physical copies.

You are making up those numbers in order to try to find a narrative where these numbers are not that bad.

Not that it matters, the ratio between physical and digital sales is still 60% digital or more for PS platforms.

Fact is, Xbox just isn't selling that many games anymore. GamePass. ;)

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
i dont see the need for superiority complex between Gamepass and tie-in sales?

Once you mentioned 'bububut physical copies can be resold or lend out', that fake complex goes outta window. :messenger_winking: :messenger_peace:

we are just average worker bees, we always looking out to maximise our spendings.

Gamepass is awesome as a demo station.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
The Metro Exodus flex was wose to be fair, as it didnt even make the top 10, meaning we were probably talking like 400 copies vs 100 :messenger_beaming:
As a UK guy though, its nice to see the UK at the centre of the console war.

200.gif
Same as Hitman and Resident Evil though, seems like a pattern....

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Not sure why everyone is acting so surprised.

Its a Japanese themed anime action game.... obviously it would sell better on a PS5.

Microsoft never had a strong presence in Japan, except maybe for the 360 era but even then it still wasn't doing too hot. It was a console/brand that was always targeted towards then "dude bro shooters" crowd. However, there is a ton more variety now in terms of type of games you can play thanks to all the indie games, and diverse selection of genres on Game Pass.

You could possibly argue they are doing better now in Japan thanks to Sega with Yakuza on Game Pass and titles such as Kingdom Hearts. But that's not much to go off really and they still have a ton of work to do in Japan. Cancelation of Scalebound also did not help in any shape or form.

Microsoft needs to buy a Japanese developer if they want to have any real impact in the Japanese market to begin with in today's day and age and that might be a tough thing to achieve.
Hitman 3 (75% on PS5 and 25% on Xbox), Resident Evil Village (80% on PlayStation and 20% on Xbox), and Metro: Exodus (77% on PlayStation and 23% on Xbox) also show a similar trend. It's a not necessarily a Japanese-themed-anime-action-game thing.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
It is what it is.

I don't have actual nos cause companies don't release them.

But it is known that MS has 50% chips made for series s.

And ps5 de has very low sales percentage, closer to 10%.
Not true, especially because you don't have the numbers.

According to estimates, Series X had sold 3 million units, and Series S had sold 1.5 million units by Q1 2021. So that's a split of 66/33.

It's amazing how people's brains just stop working due to bias reading this thread.

What a Japanese or Anime game that's not targeting an American audience doesn't sell well on Xbox? What this game is both of those??? Clearly that's not the reason for bad sales though, it's gamepass making people not want to buy games. Yep sure absolutely.

.......mhmph right completely believable. 450% truth half the time.

Seriously guys, really?

Let me know when COD is 80% or over or BF and then let's explore this.

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

It was not even a rumor.
It was Jeff Grubb.
He runs his made up news like that and Xbox fans are fooled by him every single time... remember the Free Multiplayer without Live Gold? lol
Remember when you challenged an Xbox Hardware Dev on his own project and you got slapped because you believed in your own self made rumours?

Jeff Grubb doesn't help in any sense, sales wont be down because he said it would be on GP there is a very minimal amount of average consumers who care about anyone on twitter, Its just the general consensus of GamePass that games will eventually come to GP

MastaKiiLA

I'm just starting to realize that Sony making cross-gen games for their mega-titles is going to be a mistake! Just look at these numbers for many of these games.
Given that console userbases are diversified, you will never be able to reach 100% attach rate with any game on a specific system. So you will very likely have a significant portion of gamers still on the PS4s. Over 1/3 of PS-related sales for the game went to the PS4. That is significant.

Anyway, looks like Sony is going to win Europe...at least in the 2-horse race. That Switch is kind of its own market. If GP does actually end up cannibalizing retail, then it just means MS will have to dole out heftier payments for exclusives, in order to offset the losses.

Thirty7ven

Banned
How can you debunk a statement I made about my own situation using my own purchases, by using a random stat that says nothing to me about my life ( apologies to The Smiths).

What a weird response.

Oh really, it wasn’t a poor attempt at a larger point really? You were literally just posting as if you were writing on your diary?

Now that’s weird.

ethomaz

Banned
Remember when you challenged an Xbox Hardware Dev on his own project and you got slapped because you believed in your own self made rumours?

Jeff Grubb doesn't help in any sense, sales wont be down because he said it would be on GP there is a very minimal amount of average consumers who care about anyone on twitter, Its just the general consensus of GamePass that games will eventually come to GP
I remember when the Xbox Hardware Dev come repeating PR words in reply to my twitter and even today he not replied why the Series X GPU silicon has non-RDNA 2 parts.
BTW what I said was not a rumor at all... it is what it is inside in the GPU silicon... it is proved.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Given that console userbases are diversified, you will never be able to reach 100% attach rate with any game on a specific system. So you will very likely have a significant portion of gamers still on the PS4s. Over 1/3 of PS-related sales for the game went to the PS4. That is significant.

Anyway, looks like Sony is going to win Europe...at least in the 2-horse race. That Switch is kind of its own market. If GP does actually end up cannibalizing retail, then it just means MS will have to dole out heftier payments for exclusives, in order to offset the losses.

Hmmmm......never thought of it this way. But you make a great point. If less and less people buy Xbox games, the price will HAVE to go up to put it on GamePass to supplement the lost revenue. When will people in the gaming media start asking questions about this?

Urban

Xbox only one wont buy games anymore. Why should they? if it bombs it will release on gamepass anyway.

You wont value the gamer per se anymore. Its like a buffet. If you have a all you can eat restaurant you will test nearly everything out but if you are going to choice a meal and you will only pay for the single meal, you always choose the one which interests you the most and value it.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Yikes. That’s a ratio and a half, isn’t it?

Pretty clear XBox users aren’t buying new games much these days..l but who can blame them when there’s so much on GamePass?

I suppose for game companies that don’t want to go straight to GamePass day one, Sony is going to be their main platform whether they like it or not from now on.

Dane

You are making up those numbers in order to try to find a narrative where these numbers are not that bad.

Not that it matters, the ratio between physical and digital sales is still 60% digital or more for PS platforms.

Fact is, Xbox just isn't selling that many games anymore. GamePass. ;)
And you are making up claims

UK is PS5 country.

Nothing Xbox can do for marketing is going to change that. MS have got so much money they could release X|S at 50% off and with Gamepass for free. And still be in 2nd place.

Dj Khaled Ox GIF

Let's hope we don't end up with a fucked up rushed Elder Scrolls because MS need a hit.

Last edited:

wolffy71

Banned
UK is PS5 country.

Nothing Xbox can do for marketing is going to change that. MS have got so much money they could release X|S at 50% off and with Gamepass for free. And still be in 2nd place.

Dj Khaled Ox GIF

Let's hope we don't end up with a fucked up rushed Elder Scrolls because MS need a hit.
Do they tho? How bad do you imagine things getting for them if they dont get that "hit"?

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Have zero interest in most games coming out of Japan these days so was never going to buy this game anyways. That said after buying the new Yakuza only to have it drop on GP before I even booted it up tells me to play the waiting game on any of these MS fronted games even if not on GP day 1.

Top Bottom