• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scarlet Nexus UK boxed charts: 80% PS, Xbox 20%

Stuart360

Well that depends, has the the UK been touted as Nintendos 2nd biggest market?
I dont know but what that got to do with the so called 'Gamepass effect'?. Plus Switch must be at least level, if not ahead of XB1.

Fact is some games sell better on Xbox than others. Weeb stuff as far as i know has never done well on Xbox. This Olympics game, the split is much closer. And if this 'Gamepass effect' was real, it would effect every game pretty equally

GHG

Gold Member
If this is a discussion thread, then don't accuse people of console warring just because they disagree with the celebrations.

Do you have zero self awareness? Do you not recall your first two posts in this thread and ask yourself what discussion you were proposing with them?

One is even signed off with a shit-faced trolly grin emoji. You have to be joking.

Now you're playing the victim and proposing that all discussions on this subject matter (or similar) are no longer discussed here. Why? To protect your feelings?

Regional sales and sales split discussions have always existed here. You should know considering you were obsessively trolling these very same threads with demon's souls comments until you were banned as a result.

Last edited:

Raekwon26

I dont know but what that got to do with the so called 'Gamepass effect'?. Plus Switch must be at least level, if not ahead of XB1.

Fact is some games sell better on Xbox than others. Weeb stuff as far as i know has never done well on Xbox. This Olympics game, the split is much closer. And if this 'Gamepass effect' was real, it would effect every game pretty equally

Well, no.

This ain't just "weeb" shit. It was the same for resident evil, hitman. Those aren't "weeb" games. I'm going to go out on a limb that it was also one-sided for games such as Watch Dogs, AC Valhalla, COD, Fifa, NBA 2k.

So again, no. For a supposed 2nd biggest market and they apparently "compete" the split shouldn't be that one-sided.

And in regards to Nintendo, we see clearly with these UK boxed sales that there are at least 3 Nintendo IPs in the top ten consistently which shows Nintendo owners are buying Nintendo IPs more than anything.

So, nah. Not buying that "reason".

Stuart360

Well, no.

This ain't just "weeb" shit. It was the same for resident evil, hitman. Those aren't "weeb" games. I'm going to go out on a limb that it was also one-sided for games such as Watch Dogs, AC Valhalla, COD, Fifa, NBA 2k.

So again, no. For a supposed 2nd biggest market and they apparently "compete" the split shouldn't be that one-sided.

And in regards to Nintendo, we see clearly with these UK boxed sales that there are at least 3 Nintendo IPs in the top ten consistently which shows Nintendo owners are buying Nintendo IPs more than anything.

So, nah. Not buying that "reason".
So Nintendo sales being low 'doesnt mean anything', but spells doom for Xbox.
Ok.

Its like i said in one of the other 87 split threads, there probably were splits like this tons of times last gen, but there was no Gamepass to concern troll over then so it was never bothered about.

dcmk7

Banned
So Nintendo sales being low 'doesnt mean anything', but spells doom for Xbox.
Ok.

Its like i said in one of the other 87 split threads, there probably were splits like this tons of times last gen, but there was no Gamepass to concern troll over then so it was never bothered about.
GamePass effect was just a theory to try and make sense of the wild percentages from what I remember.

It's not even a bad theory if you think about it, it logically does make a lot of sense.

But whatever is happening there seems to be a pattern forming. If it predates GamePass so be it, it still looks bad regardless.

Stuart360

GamePass effect was just a theory to try and make sense of the wild percentages from what I remember.

It's not even a bad theory if you think about it, it logically does make a lot of sense.

But whatever is happening there seems to be a pattern forming. If it predates GamePass so be it, it still looks bad regardless.
I dont know if we know hadware numbers for the UK but what if there are double PS4 and PS5's in the UK compared to XB1 and Series consoles?, that would be what?, a 67/33 split before anything else was even taken into account. Then we know there are more PS5's in the wild than Series consoles so far, thats what?, another 10% maybe, and we are already at a 77/23 split before taking into account any 'Gamepass effect' to begin with.

And the UK is just one market, a small market. Just look at Japan and how its completely different to the uk in regards to PS5 and PS4 splits, and thats just 2 markets.

Last edited:

GhostOfTsu

Banned
If this is a discussion thread, then don't accuse people of console warring just because they disagree with the celebrations.
Then why MS bought the marketing rights and the demo first if sales are meaningless? I always see you in these threads complaining about UK sales saying they don't matter.

MS tried to appeal to Japanese gamers with this and it's still the usual 20%. A waste of money (but they are trillion dollar company...yeah we know)

Pallas

Honestly not a surprising split but it’s such a low sample size… I think it’s safe to assume that any RPG that isn’t western is easily more recognizable as something a gamer who would play on a Playstation console, marketing or no marketing. Makes you wonder how much more lopsided it would be if Xbox didn’t market the game. Still I hope everyone enjoys it, and those on here aren’t consume with silly sales threads which by themselves is fun but always break down into console war theatrics.

Only one here doing anything ban worthy is your console warring (per your usual). Hopefully, those Reports are piling on.

The pot calling the kettle black?

Klayzer

742122.jpg
One of the biggest hypocrites on this site. You can count on him trying to shit up a positive Sony thread always.

The pot calling the kettle black?
I'm not in Xbox threads, downplaying it. People don't like that I say too many positive things about PlayStation, but that's a huge difference than dissing other consoles.

I'll show up in Xbox threads too. But, that's because I'm talking about a game I'm playing ON Xbox. I'm playing one now - Ender Lilies (I just made a new thread about it). Before that, I played Like A Dragon on GamePass and was in GamePass threads talking about how great it is. But, apparently, that's not enough to make up for all the good things I said about PS5.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
I'm not in Xbox threads, downplaying it. People don't like that I say too many positive things about PlayStation, but that's a huge difference than dissing other consoles.

I'll show up in Xbox threads too. But, that's because I'm talking about a game I'm playing ON Xbox. I'm playing one now - Ender Lilies (I just made a new thread about it). Before that, I played Like A Dragon on GamePass and was in GamePass threads talking about how great it is. But, apparently, that's not enough to make up for all the good things I said about PS5.
I actually think you're always fair but you became the punching bag of the Xfans here for some reason. You have to pick a side or else you become the enemy. They are extremely sensitive and they can't handle any criticism. Even facts and numbers. Sad.

demigod

I dont know if we know hadware numbers for the UK but what if there are double PS4 and PS5's in the UK compared to XB1 and Series consoles?, that would be what?, a 67/33 split before anything else was even taken into account. Then we know there are more PS5's in the wild than Series consoles so far, thats what?, another 10% maybe, and we are already at a 77/23 split before taking into account any 'Gamepass effect' to begin with.

And the UK is just one market, a small market. Just look at Japan and how its completely different to the uk in regards to PS5 and PS4 splits, and thats just 2 markets.
UK guy and you don’t even know the split, plz. Stop pulling numbers out of your ass to justify the poor sales on xbox platforms.

Klayzer

I actually think you're always fair but you became the punching bag of the Xfans here for some reason. You have to pick a side or else you become the enemy. They are extremely sensitive and they can't handle any criticism. Even facts and numbers. Sad.
So true. They love to dish out criticism, but when it comes at Microsoft, they fold like a paper napkin while screamin Gamespass at everyone.

yazenov

MS fans: Hardware sales doesn't matter.
Software sales doesn't matter.

Funny when MS sold the most in India (due to lack of ps5 stock) for a single month you guys were shouting from the rooftops for some seemingly negligible numbers.

It only matters when MS comes on top somehow.

This really is the only logical outcome with GamePass around. Sure, it's a good deal, but promising big games on launch day will only have people think most are arriving at launch or at least shortly after. This will lead to fewer sales on Xbox. Which will lead to fewer big devs wanting their games on the service. Which means MS will have to start paying more for them. Something eventually MS isn't going to want to do. Which eventually leads to the service being filled with low and mid tier games.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

You took PS5 into the equation twice. That's not how you should be estimating this.

Last edited:

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Majority of people who are fan of Japanese games mostly likely own Playstation and Switch, which why most Japanese games will sell more on those systems rather than Xbox.

I ask this before Scarlet Nexus got released, what was the point of Microsoft paying for marketing rights for this game? They should have known the game mostly going sell on Playstation rather than Xbox.
They're thirsty for Japanese games?

Microsoft tried to market this game which is commendable, but the demographic just isn’t there. Fact of the matter is, the majority of multiplatform games have been selling better on PlayStation well before Gamepass even existed, so I don’t think GP has quite as much effect on recent Xbox game sales as people think.

The recent sales for RE: Village, Scarlet Nexus, Metro Exodus, Mass Effect Collection remind me of the huge sales gap of FF15 and MGS5 back in the day for example. You know things are bad when even Western games are selling significantly better on PlayStation. Again, Xbox owners need to step up and support more games if they want to see more support and less games skipping the Xbox platform.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It’s obvious that Xbox gamers have too many games to play. We are seeing the negative effect of gamepass. Too busy with sea of thieves content and more while the ps5 owners have platinumed ratchet and looking for something else to play and actually go out to buy them.

...This could all be tales from my ass!

Last edited:
Not sure why everyone is acting so surprised.

Its a Japanese themed anime action game.... obviously it would sell better on a PS5.

Microsoft never had a strong presence in Japan, except maybe for the 360 era but even then it still wasn't doing too hot. It was a console/brand that was always targeted towards then "dude bro shooters" crowd. However, there is a ton more variety now in terms of type of games you can play thanks to all the indie games, and diverse selection of genres on Game Pass.

You could possibly argue they are doing better now in Japan thanks to Sega with Yakuza on Game Pass and titles such as Kingdom Hearts. But that's not much to go off really and they still have a ton of work to do in Japan. Cancelation of Scalebound also did not help in any shape or form.

Microsoft needs to buy a Japanese developer if they want to have any real impact in the Japanese market to begin with in today's day and age and that might be a tough thing to achieve.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
vaibhavpisal:

50% of xbox sold are digital.

Sony has 5-10%

Makes sense.
Consoles.
That doesn't sound correct. Can you share your source for that?

On PlayStation, digital sales ratio is more than 60%. How could it be with 5-10% sales?

Out of all tracked publishers, PlayStation also has the highest number of digital downloads.

ukSNdvo.jpg

(Source)

If we allocate everything else to Xbox, it gets 21% share of digital downloads.

Last edited:
That doesn't sound correct. Can you share your source for that?

On PlayStation, digital sales ratio is more than 60%. How could it be with 5-10% sales?

Out of all tracked publishers, PlayStation also has the highest number of digital downloads.

ukSNdvo.jpg

(Source)

If we allocate everything else to Xbox, it gets 21% share of digital downloads.

I am talking about console sales.

MS is manufacturing 50% series s systems so 50% people wouldn't consider a boxed version.

Sony is manufacturing 90% disc versions. So potential and actual customer base is higher for physical copies.

Zeroing

Banned
UK was the country ( outside of USA) where Xbox had a huge user base… things are changing

Last edited:
Top Bottom