• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scarlet Nexus UK boxed charts: 80% PS, Xbox 20%

kretos

Banned
Every is waiting for it to drop on GP. I won't buy any games on XBox as long as I'm paying for GP, I'll just wait for them to be free

tenor.gif

dcmk7

Banned
Number 8 on a chart where number 1 sold around 15000 copies, which means number 8 probably sold less than 3000 copies. Weird flex but ok :messenger_beaming:
What would be a good enough sample size?

Didn't you get banned for saying a game bombed based upon some figures like this?

EDIT: Yup, looks like it.

Spooderman keeps slaying. Demon's Souls still a bomba. Shame.

Last edited:

Fake

Majority of people who are fan of Japanese games mostly likely own Playstation and Switch, which why most Japanese games will sell more on those systems rather than Xbox.

I ask this before Scarlet Nexus got released, what was the point of Microsoft paying for marketing rights for this game? They should have known the game mostly going sell on Playstation rather than Xbox.

Wish Sony focus on more Japan games. People really love.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
I think it's great that this thread has proven - conclusively - that if you have enough utterly moronic posters with no lives and nothing of value to say, you can turn any thread into console war bullshit which ultimately ends in mindless, brainless attacks on Gamepass.

Let's do the Bill Cosby thread next! Gold to whoever finds an angle linking his release from prison to boxed video game sales data and why it proves that Phil Spencer should be fired. Let's go.

sircaw

Banned
I think it's great that this thread has proven - conclusively - that if you have enough utterly moronic posters with no lives and nothing of value to say, you can turn any thread into console war bullshit which ultimately ends in mindless, brainless attacks on Gamepass.

Let's do the Bill Cosby thread next! Gold to whoever finds an angle linking his release from prison to boxed video game sales data and why it proves that Phil Spencer should be fired. Let's go.
Chill dude, you're taking this way to seriously.

Last edited:

zedinen

UK is the exception rather than the norm.

Japan
[PS4] Scarlet Nexus - 20,160
[PS5] Scarlet Nexus - 11,008

Ryan feeds the US/UK, while the rest of the world is waiting to buy PS5, for the simple reason that PS4 only managed to sell 43M in US+UK (Xbox 360 sold 56M)

So far, 2021 has been an incredible year for PS5 in US and UK.

2022 will be a massive year for PS5 in EU and Asia and the end of PS4 support.

Max_Po

Banned
Every is waiting for it to drop on GP. I won't buy any games on XBox as long as I'm paying for GP, I'll just wait for them to be free

The irony,

I won't buy any games on Xbox ... as long as I am PAYING For GP (GamePass) ...I will just wait for them to be FREE

He is paying .. and yet in his mind everything is free...

GAF's meth dealer exposed... sad that he get high on his own supply. ....

dcmk7

Banned
English not your first language? Apologies. I'll try explain one final time..

You say that these sales figures are meaningless and don't prove anything.

Yet when you were scouring over sales figures for Demons Souls, they were very important and conclusive.

It seems that you're very selective with what sales figures matter to you. Guess it depends on what agenda you're peddling.

twilo99

I don't think people here understand how strong the PS brand is in Europe. Microsoft will neve be able to outsell Sony there, zero chance. I don't even know how they manage to sell anything at all...

Last edited:
English not your first language? Apologies. I'll try explain one final time..

You say that these sales figures are meaningless and don't prove anything.
Where do I say this? Are you imagining things? Also a bit ironic that you don't get what I'm saying after being so condescending :messenger_beaming:
Yet when you were scouring over sales figures for Demons Souls, they were very important and conclusive.
It was a different topic. Just to make it clear, in this thread I was just making fun of fanboys celebrating this huge win. It's quite bizarre and I enjoy the comedy of it.
Only one here doing anything ban worthy is your console warring (per your usual). Hopefully, those Reports are piling on.
If not joining in an absurd circlejerk is ban worthy, then I apologize. I thought this was a discussion forum. This thread also only exists to bait console warring, but you probably knew that.

LMJ

I can't lie, I was doubtful that MS marketing this game so heavily and getting the demo would actually change anything, but I had hope that maybe it would revitalize Japanese support and sales...

Would have to see the if the US sales are similar...

Daymos

gamepass is going to implode Xbox if people don't buy games that aren't on gamepass.. it's kind of like they cut their legs off and ate them to get BIGGER arms!

I suppose they could just go full skynet though, drop the console completely, and sell gamepass for smart tv's and PCs. They kinda forgot that they're in last place.

Last edited:
So what do you suggest? That we don't discuss regional sales or sales splits anymore? Why?
If Xbox sells 51% to PS5's 49% for one month, in one country, thats
I don't know why these numbers surprises anybody anymore.

Saying the UK is Xbox's second biggest market is the equivalent of saying the LA Clippers are the second biggest basketball team in LA...... it don't mean much.
I think it's due to all the marketing being associated with Xbox. Some people thought it was an exclusive.

Top Bottom