• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCARLET NEXUS releasing 25.06.2021

The demo is definitely very cool. The art style is phenomenal, and the combat is pretty fun.

Not a fan of a lot of the level design. A lot of invisible walls, and I honestly couldn't figure out where I was supposed to even go for quite a while at one point because the map wasn't that helpful. A shame because the city backdrops look almost as cool as some parts of Gravity Rush 2. Just looks awesome.

This went up to definitely going to purchase, eventually. Probably waiting for a sale since I'm getting Mario Golf on Friday and have too much to play as is. Looks very impressive though.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I want to read more impressions. I preloaded Legend of Mana, but I’ll definitely be checking out everyone’s thoughts about it. I like seeing how Namco supports their games. If everyone hates it here then it’s definitely a no go. :)

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Was waiting for the demo to show up on PC, but I guess that's never coming. Tried it out on PS5 and immediately uninstalled. . .and bought the pre-order.

Javthusiast

Banned
The demo is definitely very cool. The art style is phenomenal, and the combat is pretty fun.
Damn right, that thicc Ara Ara waifu from the demo was

Taylor Swift Mua GIF by MOODMAN

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Reviews look solid. I am looking forward to this on Friday.
Most of the reviews I read/watched praising the combat a lot, which I'm not surprised, in the demo the combat was super fun and felt really good. Tales of Arise hasn't arrived yet but so far Scarlet Nexus has my favourite combat in Bandai Namco games

blackjon24

Rent the game for a week for base ps4 or wait till game pass drop hopefully soonish?

Chloe Moretz What GIF
The ps4 version is ok but the game is much better on next gen hardware.

With Microsoft promotion of this game you’d think it would have been on gamepass instead we got dungeons and dragon dark alliance game… yay lol

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Enviroments look really dull though.
People keep saying but in all honestly the environments looks more interesting than games like Bayonetta (which enjoyed). As much as this game is being market as "RPG" the game is much closer to character action similar to DMC and Bayonetta and in those games there is not much to explore. What this game needed to get right is the combat and based on the Demo I played and from the reviews I watched/read, it safe to say they nailed it.

We are going to get out "RPG" with exploration with Tales of Arise.

Last edited:
Top Bottom