• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Say what you will about the Epic Games Store, their free game offerings and coupon system is pretty sweet

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
And if having multiple storefront applications is bothersome, then GOG Galaxy could help keep your library in one place and treat the launchers as middlemen.
I have yet to try that man, having all my games in one place would be great.

Because, to be fair and honest... I sometimes forget which games I already have on EGS. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

theclaw135

Banned
And therefore epic reducing options is good?

You need some internal logic consistency.

At least you still have the option to simply not play games on epic.

if you don't like a console's store, too bad. consoles forbid competing digital storefronts.

Jeeves

Oh but it's not only around here. The are fat people all around the world that almost go on a jihad against the Epic Store.

I don't get the complaints either. The more stores, the better for the consumer, right? More competency between them means more sales and deals.

I guess there's fanatism of every shape and color.
What's funny to me is PC gamers used to have this air of being "above" platform wars since they were unified on Steam and didn't really bother comparing PC to consoles. But as soon as another big player entered the digital storefront scene, they immediately started platform warring harder than anyone else.

I appreciate the EGS.

It's not great, but I can appreciate it with all their free games and all.

Just wish they'd allow user reviews, but I guess we all know they'd be bombed everytime they get an exclusive.

Its funny how everything is being politicised and constantly turned into warring factions - gamestores included.

Some of you are just overreacting over a literal digital storefront that in no way hurts you or block you from playing a game. It is merely another store.

It's like getting upset at Walmart because they struck a deal with M&M to only sell special christmas candy at their stores and nowhere else.

Its fucking weird. Actual literal stores do this and nobody bats an eye.

Gamers can literally be as annoying as we are depicted in media, but worse.

LOLCats

Banned
free-candy-van.jpg

mxbison

I like that it's not flooded with shovelware. You can actually find some interesting stuff sorting by new on EGS, good luck with that on Steam.
Also downloads faster for me, I've had quite a lot of issues with Steam in that regard, having to switch region etc.

What's really missing is a feature like Steams Big Picture mode and support for PS4/Switch Controllers though.

Top Bottom