• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Save the vaginas; get your HPV vaccine

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Why?

HPV is a contributor to cervical cancer and oral cancer, among others.

Michael Douglas got it in his mouth.

Marcia Cross got it in her ass, and her husband in the mouth.

giphy.gif

If you think you're too old, you should know that the FDA actually approved it for use up until 45 years of age.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved a supplemental application for Gardasil 9 (Human Papillomavirus (HPV) 9-valent Vaccine, Recombinant) expanding the approved use of the vaccine to include women and men aged 27 through 45 years. Gardasil 9 prevents certain cancers and diseases caused by the nine HPV types covered by the vaccine.

“Today’s approval represents an important opportunity to help prevent HPV-related diseases and cancers in a broader age range,” said Peter Marks, M.D., Ph.D., director of the FDA’s Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research. ”The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has stated that HPV vaccination prior to becoming infected with the HPV types covered by the vaccine has the potential to prevent more than 90 percent of these cancers, or 31,200 cases every year, from ever developing.”

giphy.gif

If you think you're too poor, there are ways to get financial assistance for it.

This product qualifies for the Merck Vaccine Patient Assistance Program. This private and confidential program provides vaccines free of charge to eligible individuals, primarily the uninsured who, without our assistance, could not afford needed Merck medicines. Individuals who don’t meet the insurance criteria may still qualify for this program if they attest that they have special circumstances of financial and medical hardship, and their income meets the program criteria.

giphy.gif

It works.

The HPV vaccine appears to be working. Countries with vaccination programmes are lowering the rate of virus infection, precancerous lesions and genital warts in girls and women. Boys and men are benefiting too, even when they aren’t vaccinated.

The incidence of anogenital warts also dropped – by 67 per cent among girls aged 15 to 19, and 54 per cent in women aged 20 to 24. Diagnoses of anogenital warts was reduced in unvaccinated boys and men too – by 48 per cent in boys aged 15 to 19, and 32 per cent in men aged 20 to 24. This suggests that vaccinating girls and young women can protect boys and men too, thanks to herd immunity, says Brisson.

20 years from now, when you don't have dick, mouth, ass, or cunt cancer, you can revisit this thread and thank me.

giphy.gif

Seriously, I have no idea. Even if you have no symptoms or never had unprotected sex and you're married etc you still should take this? I'm worried, love me some oral sex. :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Seriously, I have no idea. Even if you have no symptoms or never had unprotected sex and you're married etc you still should take this? I'm worried, love me some oral sex. :messenger_smiling_hearts:
1. HPV doesn't show symptoms in males very often relative to females.

2. Depends on how "protected" that sex was. Did you always use a dental damn too? If you've been practicing relatively safe sex, and you're already in a monogamous marital relationship, your risk factor is obviously low. Low is not the same as 100% though, so it might not be too high on the priority list for someone in your case, especially if you're going to have to pay a lot for it. I'd suggest you at least have a conversation with your doc the next time you have a checkup.

Top Bottom