• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sasha Calle will be Supergirl in the upcoming Flash movie

VulcanRaven

The Young and the Restless Daytime Emmy nominee Sasha Calle has scored the feature role of DC Universe’s new Supergirl. The Boston, MA-born Colombian actress is the first Latina Supergirl ever in DC and was chosen from more than 425 actresses who auditioned. She will make her debut in Warner Bros’ The Flash.

The Flash director Andy Muschietti watched all the auditions and I hear, along with DC Films boss Walter Hamada and the producers, was blown away by the actress’ toughness and vulnerability that she brought to the role.

“I saw more than four hundred auditions. The talent pool was truly amazing and it was very hard to make a decision, but we finally found an actress who was destined to play this role,” said Muschietti, who has a keen eye for discovering talent, in particular all the young actors from the first It movie.

The actresses weren’t informed what part they were reading for; until very late in the process. Calle also did a chemistry read with Flash star Ezra Miller. All auditions, chem reads and meetings, especially during Covid, were done over Zoom. Calle will fly to The Flash production soon.
I don't know much about the actor but I'm excited about the movie. I hope the Michael Keaton Batman rumors are true.

Lets see...

Du5VjmIU0AAx4SU.jpg:large

Yeah, i'm okay with this.

VulcanRaven

When it comes out in 2027 right? Is it still Ezra Miller as Flash? I hope so
Yes. The filming starts soon and it should be released next year. Rumors say that both Ben Affleck and Michael Keaton will be Batman in the movie.

Edit: Apparently the director has talked about it so its no longer just a rumor:

Last edited:

ManaByte

Yes. The filming starts soon and it should be released next year. Rumors say that both Ben Affleck and Michael Keaton will be Batman in the movie.

Edit: Apparently the director has talked about it so its no longer just a rumor:

Affleck won’t be the only Batman making a comeback; a few more of the alternate-dimension heroes who turn up in the Flash movie will be figures we’ve seen before. Michael Keaton’s Batman from the 1989 Tim Burton film is also set to appear in what Muschietti said was a “substantial” part.
dc comics batman GIF

LordCBH

YAY!!!!! I liked Ezra in justice League, I just hated his shit dialogue which I blame on the writers lol

finowns

If this is true I don’t have a problem:

The Flash director Andy Muschietti watched all the auditions and I hear, along with DC Films boss Walter Hamada and the producers, was blown away by the actress’ toughness and vulnerability that she brought to the role.

“I saw more than four hundred auditions. The talent pool was truly amazing and it was very hard to make a decision, but we finally found an actress who was destined to play this role,” said Muschietti

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Never bothered to watch the tv show. Supergirl and low-budget doesn't mix. So I'm looking forward to this Loved her in Justice League Unlimited.

As for being a dark haired latina, sure this could work.

Dacon

Banned
Never bothered to watch the tv show. Supergirl and low-budget doesn't mix. So I'm looking forward to this Loved her in Justice League Unlimited.

As for being a dark haired latina, sure this could work.

You spared yourself some hilariously bad TV there.

Even going past all of the terrible woke shit, it was an awful show.

Soodanim

I watched a good chunk of a couple of seasons of Supergirl and don't remember it being this bad. I don't remember terrible woke shit either, but after that top clip I'm questioning reality itself

Soodanim

Haha, I don't remember most of that either. Some of that is pretty on the nose.

To be fair though, some of that video is including humour and non-issues, which hurts its point. Female president for example was something USA nearly had anyway, so it's not like that was a far off dream. What I did watch of the show didn't bother me, so maybe the super it lacks context and characterisation.

Dacon

Banned
Haha, I don't remember most of that either. Some of that is pretty on the nose.

To be fair though, some of that video is including humour and non-issues, which hurts its point. Female president for example was something USA nearly had anyway, so it's not like that was a far off dream. What I did watch of the show didn't bother me, so maybe the super it lacks context and characterisation.

Soodanim

Those make less of a valid point than the first one, to be honest. Using clips from evil Nazi characters (or any other character that is supposed to be bad) doesnt tell me anything about how the show is super feminist or anything else.

The gun stuff is going to be much more of an issue in America than places that don't have open gun ownership, so that's not something that bothered me but I can see why it's divisive on home turf.

He could probably have condensed the legitimate clips into 1 (maybe 2) videos, but there's definitely a video's worth of clips that don't support the argument being made.

Dacon

Banned
Those make less of a valid point than the first one, to be honest. Using clips from evil Nazi characters (or any other character that is supposed to be bad) doesnt tell me anything about how the show is super feminist or anything else.

The gun stuff is going to be much more of an issue in America than places that don't have open gun ownership, so that's not something that bothered me but I can see why it's divisive on home turf.

He could probably have condensed the legitimate clips into 1 (maybe 2) videos, but there's definitely a video's worth of clips that don't support the argument being made.

If you watched that and didn't see all of the annoying woke crap in there I think you might intentionally be trying not to.

The crap coming out of these characters mouths is straight up woke cringe.

NahaNago

If you watched that and didn't see all of the annoying woke crap in there I think you might intentionally be trying not to.

Too much cringe gave up halfway through the second video.

Soodanim

Conversely, I thought whoever made them tried too hard to find anything that referenced gender, race, height, or anything else to try and make a point.

I call it as I see it, and a chunk of I saw was inoffensive, about as woke as Beyonce singing "Who run the world? Girls”. To give examples, I’ll take the first video from the start:

“Can you believe it, a female superhero for my daughter to look up to”
Earned its place in the video. Bad writing, on the nose.

Supergirl doesn’t like the first outfit
No problem here, doesn’t belong in the video. It’s one of many costume designs she doesn’t like, the character isn’t very showy. Is that woke or feminist?

Supergirl vs Superwoman
Cat shoots down the idea of Supergirl being a diminishing name because Kara is whining. More of a point about perception of words and names than anything else.

Females bow before males
Trying hard to justify the “Supergirl is a strong girl” thing, bad writing that leans too far into the girl thing. Deserves a place in the video.

Because she’s just a girl?
Worst one yet, very on the nose. Horribly written, acts like the main villain is sexism and not super villains.

Lack of sexuality
I have no idea what this scene is even about. There’s nothing wrong here from this clip.

Men go crazy behind the wheel
Qualifies for the feminist video, although that wasn’t nearly offensive enough for me to care.

Old fashioned lady
“Supergirl isn’t as good as superman because she’s a girl”. More doubting the abilities of a super powered Kryptonian, which makes no sense.

Female president
Nearly happened in this universe, I don’t see the problem.

You get the idea, it’s a mixed bag. The video(s) hurts its own point by including stuff that doesn’t deserve to be included. It makes the video creator look over-sensitive and it’s self-damaging.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Movies will never be as accurate as the source of hell even the animated series but this could be good especially in the Latina community.

AJUMP23

Some Martian Man Hunter in there, That is nice to see someone using him. But man those were cheesy and lame. "Now I punch you in the face" :messenger_grinning_smiling:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
her parents are colombian, I guess thats diverse enough lol.
Well if they was gonna go with Colombian might as well have Shakira.
I'm sure Sasha is fine, but I wouldn't in a million years think of putting her in the Role of Supergirl, same with Gal Gadot
Beautiful, but she ain't Supergirl
Question is, is Sasha good as a Blonde? I doubt it
Or are as actually gonna have a Dark Haired Supergirl?

Last edited:

e&e

Banned

No it wasn’t lol. Has its issues but it was enjoyable. There were some really great scenes in the show. But it’s also very convenient when you can cherry pick clips to fit your narrative.

Lets see if the movie Kara can even play the part correctly. Benoist was great!

Last edited:

K' Dash

Well if they was gonna go with Colombian might as well have Shakira.
I'm sure Sasha is fine, but I wouldn't in a million years think of putting her in the Role of Supergirl, same with Gal Gadot
Beautiful, but she ain't Supergirl
Question is, is Sasha good as a Blonde? I doubt it
Or are as actually gonna have a Dark Haired Supergirl?

I'm sure she'll look fine, much better than Melissa Benoist.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
No it wasn’t lol. Has its issues but it was enjoyable. There were some really great scenes in the show. But it’s also very convenient when you can cherry pick clips to fit your narrative.

Lets see if the movie Kara can even play the part correctly. Benoist was great!
You're talking about Supergirl TV Show?
A bit cheesy but joyfully upbeat and charming at the beginning, but by season 3?
The joyfulness & charm had gone straight out the window.
And don't get me started with Jimmy Olsen
51H2xw5EqfL._AC_.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom