• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

San Diego Comic-Con 2022

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
San Diego Comic-Con is back in person this year for the first time since 2019, here's your guide to the biggest panels

ccibanner_2022_v1.png

Thursday, July 21​

The Rookie & The Rookie: Feds (10:45-11:45 a.m. PT, Ballroom 20)
Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves (12-1 p.m. PT, Hall H)

Abbott Elementary (1:30-2:30 p.m. PT, Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront)
Teen Wolf: The Movie (1:30-2:30 p.m. PT, Hall H)

Vampire Academy (2:45-3:45 p.m. PT, Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront)
Severance (3:30-4:30 p.m. PT, Ballroom 20)
Shatner on Shatner (4:30-5:30 p.m. PT, Hall H)

Friday, July 22​

The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (10:30-11:30 a.m. PT, Hall H)

Marvel Studios animation (11:45 a.m. - 1:15 p.m. PT, Ballroom 20)
Tales of the Walking Dead (12:30-1:30 p.m. PT, Hall H)
The Walking Dead (1:30-2:30 p.m. PT, Hall H)
Keanu Reeves' BRZRKR (3-4 p.m. PT, Hall H)

Saturday, July 23​

Black Adam and Shazam! Fury of the Gods (10:15-11:15 a.m. PT, Hall H)

House of the Dragon (11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. PT, Hall H)
Star Trek Universe (12:45-2:15 p.m. PT, Hall H)
Interview With the Vampire (2-2:45 p.m. PT, Ballroom 20)

The Sandman (2:30-3:30 p.m. PT, Hall H)

Marvel Studios (5-6 p.m. PT, Hall H)

Back With a Vengeance: Chucky (6:45-7:45 p.m. PT, Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront)
A Panel with Kevin Smith! (6:30-8:00 p.m. PT, Hall H)

Dates and panels taken from here

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

John Wick: Chapter 4

FYJFH5KUsAA-wOs

National Treasure: Edge of History:​

National Treasure: Edge of History is an original series streaming soon on Disney Plus:

I am groot​

I Am Groot, a collection of five Original shorts, starts streaming August 10 on Disney+

Chucky Season 2 Comic-Con Teaser​

Good Guy dolls always have more fun. See what's in store for Charles Lee Ray and his many friends 'til the end as CHUCKY returns October 5, 2022

Last edited:

ManaByte

San Diego COVID Con.

Con-crud this year is going to be con-crud+COVID.

Oh and camping out overnight, outside, while trying to sleep with a mask on for a seat in Hall H doesn't sound much fun at all.

The Hall H line this morning for TOMORROW:

And now it's past the Marina.

Pretty sure by this afternoon people will be setting up tents near the Hilton for the Saturday Hall H line.

ManaByte

OP missed some big panels:

Thursday, July 21​

Acclaimed actor, writer, spoken-word artist, and astronaut(!) William Shatner joins moderator Kevin Smith as they discuss Bill’s career and announce a new project with Legion M by acclaimed pop culture documentarian Alexandre O. Philippe (The People vs George Lucas, 78/52: Hitchcock’s Shower Scene, Memory: The Origins of Alien) that takes an up-close, intimate exploration of Shatner's personal journey over his nine decades on Earth. Kevin and Bill will be joined by Philippe, Legion M executives Jeff Annison and David Baxter, and producer Kerry Deignan Roy of Exhibit A Pictures (The People vs George Lucas, 78/52: Hitchcock’s Shower Scene). Mr. Shatner will delve into some of his amazing experiences during his illustrious career and field in what promises to be an unforgettable Q&A with the audience.

Saturday, July 23​

Kevin Smith is like the gum under the table at which actual celebrity guests sit during much better panels in Hall H: The guy just keeps sticking around. Not-so-Silent Bob returns to the Hall H stage with the cast of his first feature Clerks as they world premiere the opening 5 minutes of Lionsgate's Clerks III! See Dante and Randal and Jay and Silent Bob on the Hall H screen before anyone else gets to see them in theaters this fall! Whether he's dishing details about the just-announced season 2 of Masters of the Universe or rambling on about Marvel movies and the Mandalorian, ComiKev makes Comic-Con FAN-tastic!

AJUMP23

Reserved.....

To complain about stuff later.

National Treasure....I thought it was a movie it is a TV show. I will check it out. They said she was a dreamer, and I don't know if they mean she has big plans or if they are referring to the Obama era Dreamers policy.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
OP missed some big panels:

Thursday, July 21​

Acclaimed actor, writer, spoken-word artist, and astronaut(!) William Shatner joins moderator Kevin Smith as they discuss Bill’s career and announce a new project with Legion M by acclaimed pop culture documentarian Alexandre O. Philippe (The People vs George Lucas, 78/52: Hitchcock’s Shower Scene, Memory: The Origins of Alien) that takes an up-close, intimate exploration of Shatner's personal journey over his nine decades on Earth. Kevin and Bill will be joined by Philippe, Legion M executives Jeff Annison and David Baxter, and producer Kerry Deignan Roy of Exhibit A Pictures (The People vs George Lucas, 78/52: Hitchcock’s Shower Scene). Mr. Shatner will delve into some of his amazing experiences during his illustrious career and field in what promises to be an unforgettable Q&A with the audience.

Saturday, July 23​

Kevin Smith is like the gum under the table at which actual celebrity guests sit during much better panels in Hall H: The guy just keeps sticking around. Not-so-Silent Bob returns to the Hall H stage with the cast of his first feature Clerks as they world premiere the opening 5 minutes of Lionsgate's Clerks III! See Dante and Randal and Jay and Silent Bob on the Hall H screen before anyone else gets to see them in theaters this fall! Whether he's dishing details about the just-announced season 2 of Masters of the Universe or rambling on about Marvel movies and the Mandalorian, ComiKev makes Comic-Con FAN-tastic!
Edited!

Reserved.....

To complain about stuff later.
Uh, why this gratuitous attack?

FYI it's because I'm planning to add trailers and you are limited by the number you can post in a thread. That's it.

AJUMP23

Edited!

Uh, why this gratuitous attack?

FYI it's because I'm planning to add trailers and you are limited by the number you can post in a thread. That's it.
Tis but a joke. so I can complain about stuff in here later, and be near the top.

I am not attacking you. You are doing great.

A Little sensitive though.

Last edited:

Lady Jane

Banned
My sister is there cosplaying as Nidalee and her husband as Jayce, both from LoL. Her husband had to ditch the cosplay after a couple of hours. It took forever to take it off because he was so wet from the sweat. The heat is insane.

sol_bad

There was a He-Man panel that Kevin Smith lead. I read that he said he was reading from a script as he got in trouble last time.
LOL
I found that funny.

When asked by a fan if there were any new Star Trek series he thought rivaled his own, Shatner replied, “none of them.”

“I got to know [creator] Gene Roddenberry in three years fairly well,” said Shatner, “he’d be turning in his grave at some of this stuff.”

Based Shatner.

Lady Jane

Banned
Last edited:

ManaByte

Hall H Saturday is as big as ever.

If it’s on the island some people aren’t getting in.

Last edited:
NGL I forgot this was happening this weekend. I will check out the trailers in the OP to see if anything good came out. I'm actually looking forward to the last season of TWD.

FunkMiller

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Sadly, I doubt it. They’re now balls deep on this godawful soft reboot of the DCEU.

Giving it to JJ Abrams is turning out to be yet another catastrophic misfire, dude has had literally zero output since they gave him DCEU.

That was almost 3 years ago.. What the hell have they all been doing all this time?

FunkMiller

Giving it to JJ Abrams is turning out to be yet another catastrophic misfire, dude has had literally zero output since they gave him DCEU.

That was almost 3 years ago.. What the hell have they all been doing all this time?

Trying to desperately cling on to a failed franchise, instead of developing a set of balls, and restarting things properly. WB are creatively bankrupt, by and large. No vision at all.

FunkMiller

As suspected, no sign of Henry Cavill.

But hey… a trailer for a sequel to a film that wasn‘t very popular, and a trailer for a film that’s a giant ego trip for one dude, about a character no one gives a fuck about.

Thats good, right?

Last edited:

LordCBH

As suspected, no sign of Henry Cavill.

But hey… a trailer for a sequel to a film that wasn‘t very popular, and a trailer for a film that’s a giant ego trip for one dude, about a character no one gives a fuck about.

Thats good, right?

Disappointed Kevin Sorbo GIF

I was fucking hoping too…..

Last edited:

FunkMiller

I don’t know why anyone genuinely thinks Cavill would want to return to that dumpster fire anyway.

One solo movie, sidelined in the sequel, barely in the third film, nickel and dimed by executives…

Henry’s probably happier off doing Witcher and playing Warhammer. Fuck WB.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Seeing Doctor Fate in live action is gonna be something, can't wait:

fTpkGJ6.gif

Pierce Brosnan is just a perfect casting

unknown.png

I think this second trailer is much better.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Man, DC is so fucked. Holy crap, they have nothing.
It's even worse when you look at what was the plan in 2015.

dc.jpg

2015 for fuck's sake!! Add New Gods, Man of Steel II, Batman vs Deathstroke and you have the greatest DC line up you could dream about.
Shazam 2 and Black Adam both look ok-ish imo, but this is not enough...

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Now is the super hero movie time, DC cracked the ice in 2013, Shazam was a very clutch movie for DC, you rarely see that type of humor and strength in a character, the rock and black Adam have confidence, don’t get greedy super hero mega fans.

Top Bottom