• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Shodown is Now Optimized for Xbox Series X|S with 120FPS

Vasto

Players on Xbox Series X|S can now enjoy Samurai Shodown at a smooth 120 FPS, creating a fighting game experience like no other. Samurai Shodown also supports Smart Delivery, allowing owners of the Xbox One version to upgrade to the Xbox Series X|S version for free.

Mister Wolf

what is rollback ? I have heard this team before...

With rollback netcode the game feels exactly as it does if you were playing someone offline. If there are connection issues then the game skips or rewinds. With delay based netcode instead of skipping the game slows down and there is input lag in the controls so you have to adjust your timing on things which is fucked in a fighting game.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
120fps fighting game? I guess animations aren't tied to fps....but then you'd still just have 60fps animations, or is the game running at 2x speed?
Zach Galifianakis Reaction GIF

With rollback netcode the game feels exactly as it does if you were playing someone offline. If there are connection issues then the game skips or rewinds. With delay based netcode instead of skipping the game slows down and there is input lag in the controls so you have to adjust your timing on things which is fucked in a fighting game.
Correct. Also, the netcode for this game is bad even if compared to other Delay based netcode games. It's THAT bad.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I hope this becomes a trend going forward for fighting games. Hopefully Guilty Gear Strive does the same.

KAOS

The game seems to be running a little bit worse for me on Xbox series X. The loading times went from 3-6 to 8-10 secs and there seems to be some screen tearing at times!

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
This game have NEVER gone on sale on Xbox.
Not once.
Ive had it on my XB wish list since it launched.
Not sure where you are or if you're strict digital-only, but I got a new hard copy for $20 from Amazon last week. The new version that launched yesterday with the update comes with the Season 1 pass and Cham Cham for $60 so you get some value there.

Naked Lunch

Not sure where you are or if you're strict digital-only, but I got a new hard copy for $20 from Amazon last week. The new version that launched yesterday with the update comes with the Season 1 pass and Cham Cham for $60 so you get some value there.
I buy fighting games digitally just to be able to jump into a few quick rounds without having to disc swap. Unless I missed it - I never saw Shodown go on sale on xbox. Its been out for awhile now too. Thanks for the tip about the amazon deal - i never even considered getting the disc version but i might have to break that routine.

Pejo

Despite everything, I'm still waiting for a Steam release. I don't even care about playing online or whatever, this was just one of my favorite fighting franchises from back in the day, so I'm satisfied just playing single player and arcade modes. EGS exclusivity should die somewhere around June, so here's hoping they finally bring it over. Does the current PC version include support for 120fps?

thatJohann

Load times on this game are atrocious. Still waaaay too long especially for a Series X enhanced game, deal breaker for me.

Top Bottom