• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung QLED vs Sony 4K LED TV Comparison (Upscaling, HDR, Game Mode)

Bo_Hazem

Banned
my hdtv is crying :(

what are the prices again? I'm guessing that 'if price is a concern, the price will be too high for you' :(

Give me your budget, I'll give you my suggestion.

You can always wait for black Friday or 2021 clearance, or even another year when HDMI 2.1 is more common.

If you're close to the $1000 mark, then I would suggest 55" X900H ($1200), if you're more like half of that, then you can get a 2019 premium model or get the new X800H (no local dimming, HDMI 2.1) which is so far the best when it comes to input lag. Starts at $600 for the 43".

I think both XH90 and XH80 will be advertised side-by-side with PS5. Get the XH90 for 4K@120hz, VRR, ALLM, better blacks.

Keep an eye for TCL 6-series if they're cheap enough, and check reviews as well. Vizio could be a good brand but we don't have it here, I think it's just sold in the US market.

I might go got 65" or 75" XH90, or full madness 85" then play from only 2-3 meters away:messenger_smiling_hearts:. I need my wife next to me to stop me from going beyond 65". :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Wow, any idea why is that? Any other Samsung products around though? Sony had beef with Samsung when they bought Vaio, which was associated with Sony's laptops and based in South Korea, then simply shut it down!

I know Samsung can do nasty stuff like sending trucks full of pennies to Apple :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

when-apple-sued-samsung-samsung-paid-1-05-billion-to-apple-8300647.png

No idea, i realize that when i went to buy a tv some years ago... no samsung, at all.. doesnt matter the store.
Must be a contract with the goverment, Japanese maker use samsung oled panels.

LG is allowed, but that is also recently.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
No idea, i realize that when i went to buy a tv some years ago... no samsung, at all.. doesnt matter the store.
Must be a contract with the goverment, Japanese maker use samsung oled panels.

LG is allowed, but that is also recently.

Pretty strange, by the way I think you meant LG OLED panels, Samsung will start making OLED for it's QNED tech soon but it's been LG Panels all these years. Many Chinese companies are starting OLED production and it's expected to lower down the prices of OLED's in the near future, although it's expected to be a somehow "dying" tech yet again.

Thanks for the details!

D.Final

Banned
Pretty strange, by the way I think you meant LG OLED panels, Samsung will start making OLED for it's QNED tech soon but it's been LG Panels all these years. Many Chinese companies are starting OLED production and it's expected to lower down the prices of OLED's in the near future, although it's expected to be a somehow "dying" tech yet again.

Thanks for the details!

The difference is all in the detail and the resolution, for the most part

Bo_Hazem

Banned
The difference is all in the detail and the resolution, for the most part

Yup, I'm sticking with LCD because of extremely long hours of usage. If one uses the TV less with more care then LG C9 is one of the best out there overall.

Last edited:
Top Bottom