• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sakura Wars Mobile Revenue "a catastrophe" (73.5m Yen Revenue vs >3b Yen Dev Budget)

ethomaz

Banned
BOMBA!!!

However, sales of the role-playing game (RPG) app " Sakura Revolution ~ Hanasaki Maidens ~ " (development and operation Delightworks ) for iOS / Android, which was fully released at the end of last year, are not good. According to "Game₋i," an information analysis site specializing in game-related stocks (games and social games), the sales forecast for the title in December was 73.7 million yen, and the average sales ranking for smartphone game apps was 215th. Famous titles generally have sales of several hundred million yen in the month they are released, and are said to fail unless they are ranked within the 50th place on average. According to several game industry officials, the development cost of the title is said to exceed 3 billion yen, and there are constant rumors of a "catastrophe."

Jethalal

Banned
Frustrated World Cup GIF

Lone Denjin

You have a niche series and you decide you will take the gatcha plunge and end up getting burned? Well who could have seen this coming /s.
I bet if you polled every Sakura Wars fan, the last thing they would ask for is another gatcha game to compete with the 1000000s of other gatcha games. .Hack went the same way.

Carna

Banned
I loved the Sakura Wars game that came out last year, shame about this mobile game.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
And yet some publishers want us to believe mobile gaming is "THE" future of games.

Tiamat2san

I loved the Saturn games, liked the Dreamcast games everything after that was just meh.
The last felt wrong, I don’t know why.
The music was a nostalgia trip but the rest ...
The combat system was really bad.

i wasn’t aware of the mobile game, seems to be bad and won’t last long.

Sega, someday, will learn how to manage their ips, someday...

Shouta

And yet some publishers want us to believe mobile gaming is "THE" future of games.
Considering how much mobile games make and how good some of the better ones are, it's not a surprise they're still beating the drum for it.

Most mobile games actually do well enough for themselves even if they aren't runaway successes but Sakura Revolution looks like it fucked up pretty badly. The article goes in-depth about it particularly the fact that this game totally goes against the grain of what made Sakura Taisen pretty well-liked. Changing from mecha to powered suits, placing the game far into the the future of the series' timeline, and removing the Adventure elements of Sakura Taisen with just battles. The other part that got mentioned is the fact that he game is developed by Delight Works who develops Fate/Grand Order and honestly, their work is pretty shit from a design standpoint lol

Furball

Back during Reveal stream . People already upset and disappoint about the rgame so I am not surprise here .

They just Reboot the story twice and ruin all of story they build up for Shin Sakura

Gatcha games trend is mostly over, mostly of mobile companies in Asia are focus in multi play/multi content.
Impressed Sega is not following the trend.

MrA

Banned
A mobile game costs 23million euros? WOW.
Probably a heavy marketing campaign,

also a shame mobile players made it clear, free to play skinner boxes are go 5 bucks feature Complete high quality game, HERESY a turned based rpg should work great on a but nope, sell gold shovels to speed up building

Sorting through the various online chatter, it seems like the issue is users simply don't like the product, rather than rejection due to it being a mobile gacha game. Sakura Revolution was made by the same developer as Fate/Grand Order, with people commenting how Sakura Revolution's systems are a reskinned F/GO with increased annoyances. There's also talk of the game being somewhat plain or ugly and for some too unconnected from the main series. While it's certainly possible there's no appetite for a Sakura Wars gacha, this potential failure may have more to do with the game just being bad.

Bodomism

Banned
This is the same story of what was happening to Capcom last gen. They used Monster Hunter profits to develop mobile games and buying a new building for that too.

theclaw135

Banned
Back during Reveal stream . People already upset and disappoint about the rgame so I am not surprise here .

They just Reboot the story twice and ruin all of story they build up for Shin Sakura

Shin Sakura was mostly good, except the reboot plot device.

V4skunk

Banned

Senhua

If you all read the article on OP's link it's all on DW.
SEGA wanted ST to be next big FGO and the mistake is leave it all to DW while for FGO it's because of the franchise and story strength not the gameplay as the gacha system itself is shit.

Last edited:

Ladioss

I didn't even knew there was a new mobile game out. The anime clips looks good :3

It's sad to see what the ST franchise has become; it has been an uninterrupted decline since V.

Last edited:

FStubbs

Well, hope they learned the lesson and focus the series on the console in proper manner.... but maybe the IP may just go down in the history, I'm afraid. :(
Yeah - especially if the idea was that the recent console games were created merely to rev up the IP for the mobile game.

Last edited:

FStubbs

I didn't even knew there was a new mobile game out. The anime clips looks good :3

It's sad to see what the ST franchise has become; it has been an uninterrupted decline since V.
There was such a big gap between V and the more recent stuff that it's most likely not even the same people involved, except maybe at the very top.

Sakura

How could it have a budget of 30 million US? I doubt the console game even had such a budget.
edit: not that I would be surprised if it bombed. I've never played it and don't know anyone else who plays it. Never see anyone talking about it either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom