• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row: The Third Remastered announced for PS4, Xbox One, and PC

Boss Mog

Last edited:
Kotaku is not gonna like a game that features sexy female characters that don't have penises.
From this review
Within its first few hours, SR3 has already alluded to colonialism being a good thing, insulted various groups via some of the hairstyle and taunts and their names, and included a few missions featuring mindless NPC women who are only called hos and whores. It sucks. And it might be easy to say “Well, that was nearly a decade ago…” but I don’t think that excuses a lot of the content and jokes. 😫😫

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
From this review
Within its first few hours, SR3 has already alluded to colonialism being a good thing, insulted various groups via some of the hairstyle and taunts and their names, and included a few missions featuring mindless NPC women who are only called hos and whores. It sucks. And it might be easy to say “Well, that was nearly a decade ago…” but I don’t think that excuses a lot of the content and jokes. 😫😫
i swear to god they have "colonialism" tourrets

i tried reading a conversation they had about Jedi: Fallen Order and the first thing said was from Jason who said "well that the Jedi were all colonialists". and i thought, wait, what? they were? i don't recall Jedi setting out to displace people and establish settlements. i don't recall Jedi claiming land and kicking native peoples off of it. i don't recall Jedi colonizing anything tbh. Luke or Obi Wan or Yoda or the dozen or so other named Jedi never led a genocide campaign against an alien species. lol in what fucking way were they colonialists?

obviously, they didn't discuss that statement at all, the reasons he called Jedi "colonialists" remained entirely untouched. he gave zero examples. just say the thing and move on. it's just something he said and everyone just agreed with him and acted like saying that phrase actually meant something. because they all live in this brainwashed SJW world where you point at something and say "Nazi" or "colonialism" and you think you've made a point. when the reality is you just proved you don't know what words mean.

at this point "colonialists" is just another term people use to bash things. if you don't want to call someone a Nazi but you need another bullshit historical reference then "colonialists" will do.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

Having never beaten SR3 back when it first released and not really having anything to play outside of CoD:Warzone I decided to give this a try on a relatively new high end pc. Surprisingly I am having fun so because of that I will request a refund cause I was told that was not allowed, shame. Maybe the devs can fix this via a patch.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
From this review
Fucking hell. That's why we can't have fun and hoes

Man game looks really good and plays much better than 360 version. I launched 360 BC version on X and then started playing Remastered version and difference was almost night and day. Everything looks clean and sharp with butter smooth frame rate 60 fps with minor hiccups when driving fast in open city but nothing affects gameplay in anyway.

That's said there are some issues like bad lip sync on characters during cutscenes and some bad lighting around certain city sections during night and day time. Its good looking remaster but not great like GTAV on PC and current gen consoles but definitely more fun to play than GTA V lol.

Game is full epic memorable moments. I remember every mission and name of every character, can't say same for GTA games. Outside of main playable characters, i don't remember name of any other gta characters or any mission in GTA 4 or 5 lol.

You guys remember this mission with Power music?

S3 was easily one of the best games of last gen and its still fun even to play even today.

Rikkori

Global Illumination in conjuction with HDR are SUCH game changers, they completely alter the visuals in a very positive manner, it even manages to outshine the lower-end aspects like the lower-res textures & shadow maps. It's why games like Gears 5 for all their technical chops look so flat because they have crap GI, even though the HDR implementation is top-notch, it's not enough! WE NEED LIGHT!

Wider spread adoption of GI can't come soon enough. Hope they keep that in mind for the Mass Effect remasters.

Little Chicken

Gold Member
I have started SR3 multiple times across multiple platforms and always dropped it an hour or two in.

Picked up this "remaster" and I'm about 6 hours into it now and loving it. A colossal amount of work seems to have gone into it, it looks great.

The only issue I have with it is that it's a little too dark at night.

Top Bottom