• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row: The Third Remastered announced for PS4, Xbox One, and PC

Comes out tomorrow, some reviews are up

I will wait for it to hit subscription service or get a half-off sale, I am sure it will be fun to play it again but I am just so stacked with now with games to play

I kinda interested. I'll watch some gameplay on Twitch or youtube to see if the updated visuals can justify the price tag.
There'd better not be any censorship or missing content either. I know the world was less snowflakey when SR3 originally came out.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Sr3, gta4 and sleeping dogs are all way better than stupid gta5.
This remaster seems weird. They removed any music or censored anything? I live this game. 2011 was the best

Guilty_AI

I kinda interested. I'll watch some gameplay on Twitch or youtube to see if the updated visuals can justify the price tag.
There'd better not be any censorship or missing content either. I know the world was less snowflakey when SR3 originally came out.
Considering the original full package costs $15 against these wooping $40, and the fact that the original game doesn't look bad and isn't even about the graphics anyway, i'd say no.

Saw this review pop up just now

From the review:

Pros

• Bombastic, non-stop action
  • DLC grants access to tanks, jets, and more from the start
  • Some unforgettable missions and moments
  • Looks great on PS4 Pro, and includes uncapped framerate mode
Cons

• Some humor and references have aged
  • Constant jokes and action can grow weary over time

On the graphics

And of course, Saints Row: The Third Remastered looks better than ever, with many of the models and textures being noticeably improved, and new lighting making the world look much more alive than on last-gen consoles. As a bonus there's even the option to uncap the framerate in the settings menu, which certainly doesn't sustain 60FPS on PS4 Pro, but in my opinion, it makes for a big improvement, and is my preference when playing the game. This means the console versions are of course a bit behind the PC version of the game, as you'd expect, but they still bring Saints Row: The Third very close to modern standards.

Last edited:

YCoCg

It's weird to see what they've done to the faces, Saints Row was always more "cartoony" and exaggerated, so to see that shift towards a more "real" style is such a weird tonal jump, Johnny Gat has that defined look but the remaster version looks, ...off, Shaundi has a man face now and good lord did they cast Tommy Egan's eyes as The Boss?

Q3b19OjGujLw_pkuE_MCkWDg2BTnfCa6vpPQBculE0Zj09SSZKek8tzfe2I52dXdrGkmBZlmrZdIaiQ8-TogTiSJwjjn5ftMDA-27o2Bkzmw9FllnapQjdby_B5IJHaRMSbjdsgL5XPv

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I'd argue the second is the superior game and would benefit more by being remastered., but it seems like volition likes to ignore anything before the third entry. I'm not mad if that's the direction they want to take the series, just disappointed.
I've tried playing it recently... I am surprised how badly it aged omg. I love sr1 and 2 but 3 blows them out of the water for me

Rikkori

Just waiting to see it properly showcased on PC before I jump in. SR3 was an absolute standout for me, an immensely fun game to play.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Played the first ten minutes on my One X. It looks pretty damn good by all accounts. Cant wait to get stuck in more later.

Tiamat2san

I'm playing on my X through BC, is the upgrade worth shelling or for??
Well, it’s the same game with all dlcs.
If you played it recently it depends on how you love the game.
I played it at the time of release, so time went by and I forgot some stuffs so it’s really fun to play this goofy game again.
The remasters is a good effort but it’s still Saint row 3 not a revolution.

Last edited:

scalman

but why ? why we need all those reamsters ? who asked for them ? why devs think its best think to spend time on ? i dont get it , i dont need any of them, so all that time wasted and it could be spend to make new games. sad. so whats next on list to remaster ? maybe some GTA 3 .
now i see why there is no new games out there. because all this BS here.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
but why ? why we need all those reamsters ? who asked for them ? why devs think its best think to spend time on ? i dont get it , i dont need any of them, so all that time wasted and it could be spend to make new games. sad. so whats next on list to remaster ? maybe some GTA 3 .
Yeah, Sperasoft should be getting the new GTA VI out..

:/

scalman

just all devs that made remasters lats years that noone asked , if they all could be doing something new . because i dont need any remasters never wanted not even ffvii or RE ones. im fan of all those games, but i prefer originals and thats enough. reboots are other things, so better they would do reboots at least.
just shows that they dont have any new ideas , what else it could mean ? if you cant make anything new give someone who could.

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

To make money. It's far far less work than making new games, and is a great return on investment.

The last game these guys made failed badly. They need to make some cash before they can try again.

scalman

i think its takes lot of work at least for them. for modders who can put new textures into games its lots easier and they doing that for free , for us , but no , devs cant even make HD backrounds for remade games same as AI could remake them to look lots better. so now modders again will show devs how you put better quality textures into their "remastered" games.

YCoCg

just all devs that made remasters lats years that noone asked , if they all could be doing something new . because i dont need any remasters never wanted not even ffvii or RE ones. im fan of all those games, but i prefer originals and thats enough. reboots are other things, so better they would do reboots at least.
just shows that they dont have any new ideas , what else it could mean ? if you cant make anything new give someone who could.
A lot of the times it's to give these games another chance, Saints Row 3 for example on last gen consoles wasn't great, it was 720p, stuttering 20fps, where as now THIS is the definitive console version AND it has an option for next gen future proofing with the framerate unlock option to run at 60fps with ease on next gen.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Looking at the DF video, I wish they compared to 4k60 pc version. It was already a far cry above 360/ps3 version. Running and looking really perfect.
The remake is really interesting. I am in a mood for Saint's Row. We finished 4 in coop, now I am playing 1 on 360 and it fucking sucks. 2 is only a little bit better... 3 was my game of 2011 if Dark Souls did not came out that year. fantastic game.
I am just torn on the remake style. Epic exclusivity is not helping. I am not installing their store...

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
What I wouldn't give for Drakengard 3 get the same treatment as this and Xenoblade Definitive Edition. Thats the one game that absolutely deserves proper remaster/remake.

Part of the humor in this game was that you could have the protag streaking in the game while covered with those censor pixels. I wonder how the usual reeeing suspects will feel now that the character model looks less cartoony and more human.

Extremely biased here, but this will get a remaster after only 9 years, but Xenosaga trilogy on the other hand gets nothing. At least I am getting that Chronicles remaster in few days, but it's still rough, imo.

Last edited:

ExpandKong

Banned
Part of the humor in this game was that you could have the protag streaking in the game while covered with those censor pixels. I wonder how the usual reeeing suspects will feel now that the character model looks less cartoony and more human.

Extremely biased here, but this will get a remaster after only 9 years, but Xenosaga trilogy on the other hand gets nothing. At least I am getting that Chronicles remaster in few days, but it's still rough, imo.

I mean it doesn’t help that Xenosaga is in rights ownership hell but I’m with ya there.

Top Bottom