• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row: The Third Remastered announced for PS4, Xbox One, and PC

Mista

Banned

Publisher Deep Silver has announced Saints Row: The Third Remastered for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC (Epic Games Store). It will launch on May 22 for $39.99.

Saints Row: The Third Remastered is an updated and enhanced version of the 2011-released original. Developed in cooperation with Sperasoft, the remastered version boasts retextured environments, character models, and visual effects, enhanced graphics with a new lighting engine, and includes all three expansion packs and more than 30 pieces of downloadable content from the original game.

Here is an overview of the game, via Deep Silver:
About the Game

Saints Row: The Third Remastered gives you control of the Saints at the height of their power, and you live the life to show for it. This is your city. These are your rules. Remastered with enhanced graphics, Steelport the original city of sin has never looked so good as it drowns in sex, drugs, and guns.

Years after taking Stilwater for their own, the Third Street Saints have evolved from street gang to household brand name with Saints sneakers, Saints energy drinks, and Johnny Gat bobblehead dolls all available at a store near you. The Saints are kings of Stilwater, but their celebrity status has not gone unnoticed. The Syndicate, a legendary criminal fraternity with pawns in play all over the globe, has turned its eye on the Saints and demands tribute.

Refusing to kneel to the Syndicate you take the fight to Steelport, a once-proud metropolis reduced to a struggling city of sin under Syndicate control. Take a tank skydiving, call in a satellite-targeted airstrike on a Mexican wrestling gang, and fight against a highly trained military force by your lonesome in the most outlandish gameplay scenarios ever seen.

About the Enhancements

Saints Row: The Third Remastered has received a full makeover courtesy of Sperasoft. Every weapon has been remodeled, every car has been redesigned, and a vast proportion of the city has been retextured all sparkly and new with over 4,000 assets updated to match current gen fidelity. Saints Row: The Third Remastered features retextured environments, character models and visual effects, enhanced graphics and a new lighting engine.

In addition, all three expansion packs and more than 30 pieces of downloadable content from the original version have been remastered and are included for hours of additional gleeful mayhem. The remastered edition will inspire new gamers and original fans to revisit the reworked city of Steelport and revel in the glorious world of the Saints.

Key Features

• The Full Package, Remastered – With enhanced graphics, improved lighting, reworked environments, and visual effects, Steelport and The Third Street Saints have never looked so good.
  • City of Sin – Disrupt and dismantle the Syndicate stranglehold on weapons, cybercrime, and criminal rackets. Discover the secrets of Steelport, where there is action on every street corner, for better or, more likely, worse.
  • Weapons of Crass Destruction – It’s one thing to defeat your enemies. It’s another to humiliate them. Hover jets, human cannonball cars and outrageous melee weapons are all part of the fun.
  • Crazy Character Customization – Create the most outlandish characters ever seen, from washed-up celebrities to mask-less ninja pirates. Inside every sinner, there is a Saint. Who will you become?
  • Over The Top Co-op – Fly solo or play online with a homie. Give freefall skydiving a try, landing in your partner’s flaming pickup as you make a desperate run toward a heavily armed Syndicate base. Steelport is always more fun with a friend.
  • All Downloadable Content Included – All three expansion packs and more than 30 pieces of downloadable content from the original version are included in this massive Saints package, all for the low MSRP of $39.99.
Gematsu

Last edited:

Sota4077

Switch? ReeeeeeeeeeEeeeeeeeeee

OMG no kidding. I was just recently promoted at work to a position where I will be flying 1-2 times a month. The Switch has been my saving grace. Cannot wait to play this on a flight and have some older person look over my shoulder looking at me weird haha.

Enjay

Banned
A remaster of a game that wasn't even that good 10 years ago and received consultation from anita sarkeesia. Time for Volition to be put out of its misery.

Edit: Watched the trailer, how is this a remaster?? Looks like all they did was change the tv color settings from normal to warm.

Last edited:

Ivory Blood

Is it me, or billboards in the remaster look way worse than in the original?

Also yeah, fuck you Volition, I bought your game on steam at launch, why not put it there as well?

Looks like it's more orange with new car models (changed grille on the rear of the supercar etc).

Still, hopefully this will sell well because then maybe it'll convince them to remaster the good ones.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
sr3 is my fav although I've never played 2.
This kinda changes the tone of some scenes but why not

SCB3

And now we're jumped the Shark, of all the games to remaster this is far far far down the list, at least throw 2 and 4 together and maybe remaster 1 and 2 together if you want something new and shiny before next gen starts

What annoys me is that SR3 is already on BC and wasn't that great to begin with

pr0cs

When is volition going to make a real sequel to Red Faction Guerilla?

Imagine how cool that shit would be with the horsepower of next gen systems

FranXico

Heh I got it on Steam for cheap a few years ago. They can fuck right off with that €40 price tag.

Last edited:
I'm on this! I loved the original so much. Are you still going to be able to hit people with dildos, or did they change it to butt plugs and anal beads for 2020 times?

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

NeoGiffer

giphy.gif

Droxcy

I enjoyed 3 for what it was but $40 for a graphic overlay eh not sure about this i'll wait till it drops below $15

Reactions: Isa

Stuart360

yeah right, you can buy the full game for peanuts constantly on Steam ,or key sites, yet they want $40 for a ton of bloom?, no thanks. Plus 3 and 4 are awful imo. A full RE2 style remake of Saints Row 1 would be heaven for me though.

They really need a full remaster of the first three games. One of the best things about SR3 is how it continues the story from the first and second games.

Barakov

I was pretty excited till I saw PC being EGS exclusive. Guess I'll wait till they release it on Steam.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
GTA doesn't have many direct competitors this game last I checked reviewed pretty well.

Top Bottom