• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row free weekend on Xbox

cormack12

Gold Member

Resolve to have more fun this year! Get started this weekend during Free Play Days. Cricket 22, For the King, and Saints Row are all available this weekend for Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members to play from Thursday, January 5 at 12:01 a.m. PT until Sunday, January 8 at 11:59 p.m. PT.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
The very same.

Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

Roberts

I did check it out so you don't have to. I don't necessary have any issues with Gen-Z mentality - it doesn't make me mad, triggered or anything, but holy shit, this game is hot pile of excrement. So terrible. Controls suck, graphics kind of suck, it feels like it is written by some stupid interns, because every joke misses and the game itself gives you just about zero motivation to move forward.

I'm not a fan of previous games in the series, but they were so much more enjoyable in that trashy, stupid and self-aware kind of way.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Funny story.

My missus purchased this game and has some how lost or misplaced it (she never got round to unsealing it)

And now she is convinced she never actually purchased it when I said she did 🤷‍♂️

No idea how you lose something you purchase and then forget buying it FML.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
The old ones still hold up and are way better.

Played the first a few months back and will be playing the second one this year. The last time I played either was over a decade ago.

Jennings

I will try it on one single condition, are all the cut scenes and interactions skippable? I don't actually want to hear any of these bozos speak but I do want to shoot people.

SJRB

Gold Member
Not worth the dust that is accumulating on the hundreds of thousands of unsold copies standing in store shelves all over the world.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

Esppiral

Bought mine yesterday for 22€ on Amazon, at this price ... No regrets, I haven't tried it yet though lol

Valt7786

Every saints row was inclusive. There were always all the weirdest tropes of characters.
The game is hardly woker than previous titles.

it is purple though and not very good.
There's inclusive and then there's this Saints Row where it plays it too safe and is afraid to offend anyone, despite that kind of humour being what SR is known for. FFS changing RimJobs to JimRobs was just the tip of the iceberg of all the PC bullshit they put into it.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
There's inclusive and then there's this Saints Row where it plays it too safe and is afraid to offend anyone, despite that kind of humour being what SR is known for. FFS changing RimJobs to JimRobs was just the tip of the iceberg of all the PC bullshit they put into it.
yep. They are just too mild and afraid this time.

Kacho

Gold Member
This monstrosity did so poorly they’re offering it up for free in an effort to entice people. Good luck with that. Lmao

Gotham Knights is in a similar situation. It did so poorly they were doing a 50% off deal during the Steam sale.

Rough year for AAA multiplats.

Bridges

This thread clearly exists to dunk on Saints Row, which is fine, but guys don't sleep on For The King. It is a very fun turn-based RPG roguelike with online and offline co-op. I have gotten hours and hours of fun from that one and it is more than worth the hard drive space to give it a try.

Last edited:

SteadyEvo

I almost bought this for $15 from GameFly.

On a scale 0-10 this is a 5. Not good, not bad, just average. Only managed to get through the opening, 1 side quest, and the 1st story mission. There’s something about the color palette 🎨 I don’t like. Cars disappeared while driving around. Average shooting. The highlight of my short time with this was giving my female avatar large nipples.

Maybe there’s some fun to be had here but I’m not sticking around to find out.

Top Bottom