• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SaGa re-release sales have exceeded Square Enix's expectations thanks to the Nintendo Switch

Hiroyuki Miura, producer of the SaGa series, talking about the reception of these recent re-releases.

One thing that was especially unexpected was the number of Steam sales, which have been more than what we had forecasted, and there are more Steam players than we had anticipated. When comparing across the board, though, the Switch version has produced the most sales, which were a lot higher than what we had predicted.

Full article:

Vagswarm

It seems a lot of companies are surprised by their Steam sales, which is good for them to release more. I'm guessing for a while PC games weren't selling that well outside of a few key franchises.

It seems a lot of companies are surprised by their Steam sales, which is good for them to release more. I'm guessing for a while PC games weren't selling that well outside of a few key franchises.
The interesting bit is the talking about steam "players". That people buy games and do not play is not news, but glad to see that people are actually playing the games.

Vagswarm

The interesting bit is the talking about steam "players". That people buy games and do not play is not news, but glad to see that people are actually playing the games.
I can understand why... There's a lot of games going on sale at the same time, and it's not like you can (or should) play them all at once. Sometimes they gotta wait in the backlog.

Graciaus

I've bought everything on Steam and I think I just don't like this series. Haven't got around to a replay of Frontier but as a kid I did like it. All the others I've quit playing. Great ideas but lots of poor execution.

demonstr8

Great. Love me some SaGa. A Romancing SaGa 4 that looks like the new Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D remake would be a dream come true.

I've still never tried these. I've played the original they supposedly stem from - Final Fantasy II. It's, by far, my least favorite FF game because of the gameplay, so I've always been worried the SaGa games are just more of that.

Top Bottom