• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sackboy's Big Adventure Story Trailer (New). - Nov 12th. PS4/PS5

SlicedBread3 SlicedBread3

Sacklings world....proper story this time. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

More here: Click me.

next-gen.png

Last edited:

MrS

Banned
Looks really cool and I have a lot of time for Sackboy. Really like the work they've done with the character model - super detailed. That price is too tough a pill to swallow at launch but I'll definitely pick it up when it's discounted.

imbrock

Banned
I am really glad this has been handed off to another developer. As great of a dev as Media Molecule is the stories they wrote for the LittleBigPlanet games were seriously sub par, honestly the main thing that held those games back. This is definitely looking more promising storywise than the previous games were so I am tentatively excited.

Xenon

Considering Unlocking stuff for creative mode was my primary motivation for playing petty much all of the campaigns in LBP. I'm not sure I can see myself paying this.

The first game had so much charm and the breaking of the fourth wall made it an experience. Getting Stephen Fry to do it was iconic. Easily one of my favorite games of the generation.

I am really glad this has been handed off to another developer. As great of a dev as Media Molecule is the stories they wrote for the LittleBigPlanet games were seriously sub par, honestly the main thing that held those games back. This is definitely looking more promising storywise than the previous games were so I am tentatively excited.
I'm pretty sure that Media Molecule has little to do with any LBP since 2 : Little Big Planet Vita was developed mainly by Studio while Sumo Digital has already been the main Dev of the disappontingly buggy LBP3. Hope they have done a better work this time, 3 had some good ideas but It seemed to be rushed for the Xstmas release.
Between: what are the pick of PS4 Sackboy from? If they are from LBP3 Is not really a fair confrontation, because the graphics assets were pretty much the same of the preceeding chapters on PS3 to guarantee perfect compatibility of all the costumes and various dlc

How much content do you think this game will have? I'm pretty disappointed with Crash 4, so I'm seriously considering getting this for PS5.

I think it's going to be a 8-12 hr game with co-op levels and completitionist runs providing some replaybility over that for another 6 or more. I could however be way off mark as this is just speculation on my part. Just keep an eye on this game, and for reviews etc. You don't have to be there day one, you can always get it on discount.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
It wasn't until I was watching the UI reveal trailer that I realized I'm actually pretty excited yo play this game (after Demon's Souls and Miles Morales, of course).

Ar¢tos

I'm interested, but NOT at launch. Lbp3 was a bugfest at launch, some of them game breaking.
I'll wait a few months.
If Sumo Digital wasn't so big, I could see Sony wanting them on their list of studios.

TrebleShot

People always say this for games like this and it never happens. I wouldn't count on it. If you want to play it, you'll likely just have to buy it like the rest of us.
I hear ya, but they will have to be more aggressive with their plus strategy this gen to counter the Gamepass model.

It would be an easy win.

Ar¢tos

I hear ya, but they will have to be more aggressive with their plus strategy this gen to counter the Gamepass model.

It would be an easy win.
What makes you think that they need to counter gamepass?
It's a lot more profitable to sell games at 70$ than subscriptions at 10$.

TrebleShot

What makes you think that they need to counter gamepass?
It's a lot more profitable to sell games at 70$ than subscriptions at 10$.
True, but its undeniable that the "netflix model" is far more appealing to the mass consumer (paying a tenner a month) than a one off payment of more.

The only potential for it not to effect the market is if the XSX is a failure.

Possible.

algacon

Neo Member
but, that picture is from the same game? because I think the left one is from the little big planet 3, it was a game released in 2014 for ps3 and ps4. Ps4 can do it better than the left one.

Ar¢tos

True, but its undeniable that the "netflix model" is far more appealing to the mass consumer (paying a tenner a month) than a one off payment of more.

The only potential for it not to effect the market is if the XSX is a failure.

Possible.
The service is appealing, but for it to be a big threat to Sony the main hardware it runs on must be as appealing as the ps5 itself globally.
In Europe it is still possible to pre order XSX/XSS in some countries while ps5 pre-orders vanished in hours.
I'm sure that if Xbox marketshare grows too much Sony will do changes (it will grow as MS this time has a much better product than x1 vs ps4 gen).

Top Bottom