• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dick Jones

Gold Member
TeamReal doesn't even understand the burden of proof, or Occam's Razor. There is absolutely ZERO evidence this is Kojima or even Silent Hill(s) in general; in fact, there have been outright denials, something we never saw with Joakim/MGSV - other than saying their game was better than MGS. Your positive claim is that this is Kojima, but you need to have evidence to make your claim. #Teamfake being skeptical of your claims does not mean we're making the positive claim that this guys is a scammer or that no-app is coming. If you take everything at Hasan's word, this just looks like an indie dev, trying to draw in some hype for his crappy asset-flip game, but getting in over their heads with the SH and Kojima fans.

Honestly I feel bad for bumping this conversation up again, this thread needs to die until there is some actual evidence.

Mods?
GIF by Showtime

#TeamReal
Chicago Bulls Wrestling GIF by WWE

I'm positive Hasan is just a single person dev studio, whose history is exactly what it is at face value, in that he's lied about his dev team size, released utter garbage, some of which he's charged for... and that none of this has to do with Kojima or Silent Hill.

What will actually happen? I mean.. I dunno.. the output will be consistent with the above. Maybe slightly better garbage than the past, since he does appear to at least be upping his game/learning Unreal/buying some assets.
Alright, that's what I wanted to hear then. Now we all know where we both stand.

images

Faithless83

Banned
We went from "there will be no app/it's a scam" to "the app is a scam/this is a Kojima copycat"

Neither Kojima nor Konami tried to distance their relationship with BB Studios, even though they did deny rumors in the past:

"All this happened before Konami PR team entered a deep coma and let a fake dev run rampant spreading rumors online. More news soon!"

I think this is just #TeamFake getting desperate.

Last edited:
So if Hasan is real, it’s sure tk say it’s a one man company, since last month he said he need to provide a photo of the team as soon as possible in an interview but that didn’t happen. I think it seems also to be a tall order for someone alone to make an app and a game at the same time and also cut some trailers on the side.

we also shouldn’t forget that Hasan said when someone asked about his relationship to Sony that Sony was intrigued by his Kickstarter. Which I think is nearly impossible because there is nothing special about the Kickstarter, so why would Sony approach him then. Okay, it’s possible that Hasan just lied about this as well and there is no relationship between Sony and Bluebox. But if he would be spreading so obvious lies, Sony would surely already reacted somehow and distance themselves from him.

i mean I am an engineer and a man of science, sure I also admit the existence of some coincidences, but the number of coincidences is far too big here. A simple probability quotation is already able to confirm that all this is highly unlikely just a series of coincidences.

THE:MILKMAN

I just want to know if Hasan is a lone dodgy indie from the Netherlands, why did the CEO of Nuare (in Canada) go to the trouble of making a video confirming working with Blue Box? When Hasan was pushed by Jason to name his outsource partners Nuare was one of two named. When Jason contacted them they refused to comment but two days later put out the Twitter video.

I doubt such a quality art outsource studio would risk sullying their name for a two-bit asset flipper.

This is before we mention potential lies like claiming to have signed a contract with Sony. What do Sony have to say about this and did Jason or anyone else ask them about Hasan's claim?

Now we just have silence the last three weeks. No follow-up (AFAIK?) from Jason and nothing from Geoff (except a shit-eating grin while claiming to have no idea!).

Last edited:
That is what I was slap so saying Nuare is a top supporting studio supporting big projects from the biggest developers but still they are unable to see if Hasan is a fraud or not based on the stuff he would be surely required to submit to them in order for them to know what they are supposed to do. I say it one more time crossing your fingers and it looks similar to that what the guy in the video is doing means that someone is intentionally telling a lie.

My dude, you just displayed a perfect example of the Dunning Kruger effect. Read up on it please.

No one is saying they "know" fuck all. The question is about what do you "believe" given the known facts so far. Proof is about knowledge claims not about beliefs. Beliefs may or may not be unfounded, but they are always "true" from the standpoint of the one claiming them (obviously trolls being an exception).

A religious person may believe in their particular deity, but the burden of proof only appears when the claim knowledge.

You're schooled, so now you can gtfo the thread, we were doing just fine and having fun before you showed up :messenger_tears_of_joy:
My dude, check out a mirror. You're the walking definition. I didn't say anyone has "knowledge", and didn't even refer to that. If #teamfake is not making the positive claim that this is SOMETHING, then your request for them to make a positive claim is the problem.

And beliefs basically boil down to whether or not we're convinced by the evidence, I take the position of being unconvinced. Yet you ask others to make positive claims... please let us know about this evidence that's convinced you? I'm keen to hear about it.

Thanks for schooling me though. I appreciate it.

My dude, check out a mirror. You're the walking definition. I didn't say anyone has "knowledge", and didn't even refer to that. If #teamfake is not making the positive claim that this is SOMETHING, then your request for them to make a positive claim is the problem.

And beliefs basically boil down to whether or not we're convinced by the evidence, I take the position of being unconvinced. Yet you ask others to make positive claims... please let us know about this evidence that's convinced you? I'm keen to hear about it.

Thanks for schooling me though. I appreciate it.
Man, you're way out of your water here. Honestly.
First of all you were not part of the discussion at all, you clearly have no idea what we were discussing.
Secondly, the person I asked to share his beliefs on what this will turn out to be, did so in the immediate next post. Obviously the person knew exactly what I was referring to and answered accordingly. The positive claim I asked about was regarding a statement of belief they held vs what they don't think it is. This was correctly picked up in context, so not sure why you even injected yourself.
Third, I didn't ask you what you believed, feel free to be unconvinced all you want, that's great, thank you for sharing that.
Fourth, coming into a thread that's more than 100 pages long and has been going on for longer than you're a user on the website, while simultaneously asking to close it is downright funny. There were nothing but good vibes since day 1 and not even a warning from a mod (that I remember). You state you're not interested in it and still felt the need to post. Hopefully you can see the absurdity in those actions.
Fifth, please don't lecture me on logic. You're making absurd assumptions about what I do or do not know. I don't want to pull credentials on a gaming forum, so let's just leave it be.
Sixth, I understand you're new to this, so I understand you didn't go ahead and read all 138 pages before you posted [EDIT] We can't all be Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem [END EDIT]. If you're so keen to hear about the evidence that convinced me you're free to look into my past posts in this very same thread. See if you can separate the one's i'm obviously joking / playing along for the lolz and the ones where I give reasons for my belief.
Seventh...
4171983.jpg

PS: If you're interested in the topic and having a friendly discussion I'm fine to do that, just please don't try to teach me highschool level philosophy as a starting point :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

baphomet

Anyone from a TeamReal so confident they're willing to place a wager? Say somewhere around $100-500?

I've got anywhere in that range youre willing to put up saying this has nothing to do with A. Kojima and B. Silent Hill.

We both send our portion to a third party (mod possibly?), and when the next State of Play/PSX rolls around and this is neither announced as a project with Kojima, nor that it's related to Silent Hill (ie. the actually Silent Hill franchise licensed from Konami) I get my money back and whatever money you're willing to put up.

mckmas8808

Banned
I just want to know if Hasan is a lone dodgy indie from the Netherlands, why did the CEO of Nuare (in Canada) go to the trouble of making a video confirming working with Blue Box? When Hasan was pushed by Jason to name his outsource partners Nuare was one of two named. When Jason contacted them they refused to comment but two days later put out the Twitter video.

I doubt such a quality art outsource studio would risk sullying their name for a two-bit asset flipper.

This is before we mention potential lies like claiming to have signed a contract with Sony. What do Sony have to say about this and did Jason or anyone else ask them about Hasan's claim?

Now we just have silence the last three weeks. No follow-up (AFAIK?) from Jason and nothing from Geoff (except a shit-eating grin while claiming to have no idea!).

This is my current biggest problem with ALL OF THIS!

Man, you're way out of your water here. Honestly.

Fifth, please don't lecture me on logic. You're making absurd assumptions about what I do or do not know. I don't want to pull credentials on a gaming forum, so let's just leave it be.

PS: If you're interested in the topic and having a friendly discussion I'm fine to do that, just please don't try to teach me highschool level philosophy as a starting point :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Are you the same dude that brought up the Dunning-Kruger effect? Pull credentials? I shouldn't lecture? How bid is your head, my guy?

It's never too late to learn, mate. So here's my lesson, knowledge is a subset of belief. You can believe anything you like as well, as long as you're convinced by it. Want to believe the earth is flat? Sure, no problem. That doesn't make your belief true, even though it can be a sincerely held belief.

So putting your insults aside, I'd still be interested in hearing why you believe.

I genuinely see nothing here, but I'm willing to be convinced. I wanted to believe but so far I've seen nothing substantial.

It's not absurd to ask or be interested in that, since this whole thread seems to be devolving into conspiracy bullshit anyway.

Ps. Sure I'm interested in a friendly discussion.

Kdad

Are you the same dude that brought up the Dunning-Kruger effect? Pull credentials? I shouldn't lecture? How bid is your head, my guy?

It's never too late to learn, mate. So here's my lesson, knowledge is a subset of belief. You can believe anything you like as well, as long as you're convinced by it. Want to believe the earth is flat? Sure, no problem. That doesn't make your belief true, even though it can be a sincerely held belief.

So putting your insults aside, I'd still be interested in hearing why you believe.

I genuinely see nothing here, but I'm willing to be convinced. I wanted to believe but so far I've seen nothing substantial.

It's not absurd to ask or be interested in that, since this whole thread seems to be devolving into conspiracy bullshit anyway.

Ps. Sure I'm interested in a friendly discussion.
The dude EXPLICITLY said "If you're so keen to hear about the evidence that convinced me you're free to look into my past posts in this very same thread. See if you can separate the one's i'm obviously joking / playing along for the lolz and the ones where I give reasons for my belief." Setsuna Mudou Setsuna Mudou

Kdad

TeamReal doesn't even understand the burden of proof, or Occam's Razor. There is absolutely ZERO evidence this is Kojima or even Silent Hill(s) in general; in fact, there have been outright denials, something we never saw with Joakim/MGSV - other than saying their game was better than MGS. Your positive claim is that this is Kojima, but you need to have evidence to make your claim. #Teamfake being skeptical of your claims does not mean we're making the positive claim that this guys is a scammer or that no-app is coming. If you take everything at Hasan's word, this just looks like an indie dev, trying to draw in some hype for his crappy asset-flip game, but getting in over their heads with the SH and Kojima fans.

Honestly I feel bad for bumping this conversation up again, this thread needs to die until there is some actual evidence.

Mods?
GIF by Showtime
Yes...we did...how the hell is this not MDS denying Kojima?

Last edited:

Kdad

Well that's a fake account.

There was a disclaimer on the Moby Dick's website saying that they don't communicate through any social media accounts (as an example they mentioned twitter and something else, can't remember now).
So since the website, of a fake studio, says other things are fake...we take it at face value. I see such an argument made on the phantom pain reddit...but some guy that goes on to say a bunch of stuff can't possibly phantom pain related...when it was.

Kdad

Yeah pretty sure that was debunked as a fan account, but even if it wasn't, it hardly compares to this kind of denial:

Thanks...I'm well aware of what Blue Box twitter has said, I've read all the pages in this thread. A denial is a denail...now you want the goal posts to be multiple denials. How do you 'prove' a twitter is fake when the whole MDS was fake.

baphomet

Thanks...I'm well aware of what Blue Box twitter has said, I've read all the pages in this thread. A denial is a denail...now you want the goal posts to be multiple denials. How do you 'prove' a twitter is fake when the whole MDS was fake.

A denial by a random person on the internet isn't a denial by Moby Dick Studio.

I'd also point out that there have been multiple fake "BlueBox" accounts on both Youtube and Twitter that stoke the fires and mislead everyone.
The BlueBoxConspiracy subreddit has been fooled multiple times by these fake accounts.

The Japan one was finally suspended:

Kdad

A denial by a random person on the internet isn't a denial by Moby Dick Studio.
Where is the denial from Kojima that Moby Dick Twitter is fake. Moby Dick Studio website isn't a source for accurate info since it was ALL fake, so how do you know the twitter account wasn't part of the ruse? (and yes, i'm aware of the wild tweets made by the account)...I'm taking it at face value, not saying its 'real'...how do you know it is 'fake' other than not taking it at face value?

baphomet

Where is the denial from Kojima that Moby Dick Twitter is fake. Moby Dick Studio website isn't a source for accurate info since it was ALL fake, so how do you know the twitter account wasn't part of the ruse? (and yes, i'm aware of the wild tweets made by the account)...I'm taking it at face value, not saying its 'real'...how do you know it is 'fake' other than not taking it at face value?

Because I'm not a fucking idiot.

The only source of information for the phantom pain was from their website. they specifically stated that they had no other social media outlets. That means that it's direct confirmation from Kojima (since he was in control of the website) that the Twitter is false.

Kdad

Because I'm not a fucking idiot.

The only source of information for the phantom pain was from their website. they specifically stated that they had no other social media outlets. That means that it's direct confirmation from Kojima (since he was in control of the website) that the Twitter is false.
Well there you go... case solved, close thread yadayadayada

Just a few more weeks boys and girls, we're almost there :messenger_sunglasses:
Saw somewhere new rumors about 12th of August being the date for whatever showcase has prepared (sorry can't remember the source right now). Assuming that has some truth to it, an announcement need to happen in the next couple weeks.
There is no lose to this situation, either all the craziness is true and we celebrate, or it's a fantastic train wreck. Either way will be fun as hell :messenger_tears_of_joy:

kyoji

Hasan and kojima are both active on twitter, hasan responding to older comments and kojima…. Well doing kojima kekw
#directorscut

Last edited:

kyoji

Too bad the first app reveal for abandoned was delayed because of locilization issues…..

#directorscut

Last edited:

Faithless83

Banned
Show me where we went from this to that, like quote some posts.

I got a couple:
So what is the latest news, this app actually coming?
OK I see the 5 apps I've never heard of in my life there... why would that be special again? lol

It's probably not where this "Abandoned : Realtime Trailers" will show up either way. If it ever actually releases lol
You need to tone down on whatever you're using, man. You barely remember your own rant about it. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Working is beating me to death so I don't have time to watch the thread properly, hence my drive by posts, but I got a decent enough memory still.
Also, I hate the idea of "so you're saying" in discussions, it's a sign of weakness IMO.

So instead of assuming your doubt about the release of the so called app, allow me to ask:
What did you meant when you said the words highlighted?

bitbydeath

I'll put it all on the line, I'm supremely confident this is related to some sort of PSX app and will be the new way Sony presents their conference going forward (maybe something VR related too? who knows).
I do think Kojima is involved as well but the Konami IPs are on the table.
Yeah, I don’t think Sony will be behind this at all for their other trailers but it’s possible it may be used to showcase Konami specific titles.

Silent Hill
MGS
Castlevania

As per the old rumour.

Doczu

And especially after we won, team fake should a shame badge.
There's one prominent #TeamFake member who got his badge already but once this is over he won't wear it with pride 😏

I will keep my promise and will report every team fake member for low level shitposting and trolling. No remorse

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I can't wait until next month, the day the app releases, and we get another delay, because this is still nothing.

I wonder how appearing to be a complete shambles is part of Kojimas master plan?

Top Bottom