• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bitbydeath

This looks like exactly like the kind of thing Hasan was peddling. One dude wiring some stuff up in Unreal Engine, posting a 5 second clip of a character barely moving, and somehow, people get hyped.
Just like Abandoned, I'll be surprised if this ever gets released, or if it does, is any good at all.
There’s always a chance it’s the prologue teaser. Seems strange to not announce the developer anywhere.

Kdad

This looks like exactly like the kind of thing Hasan was peddling. One dude wiring some stuff up in Unreal Engine, posting a 5 second clip of a character barely moving, and somehow, people get hyped.
Just like Abandoned, I'll be surprised if this ever gets released, or if it does, is any good at all.
The reddit sub OP started May 2021, claims to be the one making it. 6 months of 'will this computer run Unreal 5', why doesn't 'x' work in blender/unreal....and lots of UFC posts.

consoul

"colleague's aswell. We will not tollerate"

There it is. The thing they gave us that starts with S and ends in L was the spelling and grammar errors in their tweet.

tommib

I'll admit that short clip is more intriguing than any of the "ARG" Hasan clues. Headless bodies holding hands with a backdrop of grey skies and some nice horror score... It does make you wonder what's going on, what nightmare they're living. I hope it never develops into anything so that the mystery remains and we keep imagining. Whatever answer the guy comes up with it will never live up to the imagery.

bender

What time is it?
Apparently, Bloober.
laugh-sad.gif

The reddit sub OP started May 2021, claims to be the one making it. 6 months of 'will this computer run Unreal 5', why doesn't 'x' work in blender/unreal....and lots of UFC posts.
What a shock! One dude fiddling with Unreal 5 for 6 months with free assets, dropping 5 seconds of footage of a static scene, once again.

They didnt like the pitch apparently. Well we already know its bloober lol
I bet Supermassives game was about some random people from a tour bus group stranded for a night in Silent Hill. Like Little Hope. I think we need to give the Bloober Silent Hill a chance, instead of saying “it’s going to suck”, ESPESCIALLY if it has an Akira Yamaoka soundtrack, and Masahiro Ito designs.

Last edited:

Jack Uzi

Banned
Bloober probably re-pitched Silent Hill 2 to them and said the protagonists is looking for his husband and the tormenter has a prism head.

Konami thought it sounded decent and green-lit it. Supermassive took a supermassive L.

So why is the app still online? If Sony really didn’t make a background check at the beginning after all this time and conversations they would probably have a very good idea at this point what kind of fraud Hasan is.

Even if they believe him, they would have removed the app by now and told him that they will make it available again if there is something to show.

I mean even if they are blind they would have heard about Hasans claim about death threats and if Hasan would not shut it down by himself to protect himself, they would have told him by now that they are removing the app for his own sake.

So why is the app still online? If Sony really didn’t make a background check at the beginning after all this time and conversations they would probably have a very good idea at this point what kind of fraud Hasan is.

Even if they believe him, they would have removed the app by now and told him that they will make it available again if there is something to show.

I mean even if they are blind they would have heard about Hasans claim about death threats and if Hasan would not shut it down by himself to protect himself, they would have told him by now that they are removing the app for his own sake.
Probably because its Kojima lol 🤭

baphomet

Why would Sony care about any of that? An app that passed cert is on the store. That's where their involvement begins and ends.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole

I've been telling y'all from the start.. Sony doesn't pay anywhere near as much attention to this shit as you guys think they do. They aren't fact checking every dipshit indie dev's claims on Twitter, they are just loaning out dev kits for X period of time and hoping you release something that makes money.

This is exactly why Hasan has been running with this sob story routine since the scrutiny really ranked up when the internet suddenly figured out exactly what I'd been posting in this thread since June, that Hasan has nothing but a series of bizarre scam-like releases in the last 6 years.. so Hasan lies to IGN about those details, starts telling people it's causing mental health issues.. now w/ the death threat story.

It's just basic pathological liar behavior.. people start seeing your lies, so you deflect. Are you going to investigate an indie dev claiming scrutiny is causing mental health issues? What about an indie dev claiming they are getting death threats?

Sony's reputation isn't ruined by this.. nobody cares.. people move on, and eventually Hasan will have to release something that makes money, or give his dev kit back. THE END.

You too can pretend to be a dev and get a dev kit from Sony.. you too could get on the dinky Playstation blog just like any number of dinky devs have.. you too could fuck around on Twitter and make up lies, and nobody will give 2 shits.. and you too can have Sony not want to lend you a dev kit ever again, by not releasing anything.

Oh and if you want to release a shitty game demo that's just a 10 second clip of your "game"? They'll allow that too... nobody but Hasan is doing that, because.. guess what? It's a total waste of time.

This has been Hasan being Hasan, just like he has for 6 years.. on a bigger stage. He's on his 14th minute of his 15 minutes of fame.

Last edited:
He's on his 14th minute of his 15 minutes of fame.
Which fame, this is the first time that everyone knew or give a crap about him. He was a literal ghost before Abandoned. Yes, there are older similar tweets for his previous games, but no one cared about any of his other works before this. He was also very quiet about his other releases except some very few posts. If I am not mistaken it is also for Abandonded where he started to get involved with his Hasan Twitter account and not only the company account. I think none even saw or knew his name before all of this.

So he never used to do any marketing tricks to hype up his games. By accident he found out this time that by pretending to be Kojima he can get more attention and became a marketing genius. Not only that he was able to get the owner of Nuare make a video for him, why didn’t they just release a small post? They seem to have cared about him at some point.

Also when he eats to show something about his game just to fool people and be able to keep his dev kit, why not just releasing the teaser but put more work in to make and get his app released on the store.

You can say what you want about the teaser, but it is a good teaser. You may have a point that it’s not hard to make something look great with all the available assets. But the music choice was spot on if you ask me, so he seems to have a genuine talent intros regard.

IntentionalPun

Which fame, this is the first time that everyone knew or give a crap about him. He was a literal ghost before Abandoned. Yes, there are older similar tweets for his previous games, but no one cared about any of his other works before this. He was also very quiet about his other releases except some very few posts. If I am not mistaken it is also for Abandonded where he started to get involved with his Hasan Twitter account and not only the company account. I think none even saw or knew his name before all of this.

So he never used to do any marketing tricks to hype up his games. By accident he found out this time that by pretending to be Kojima he can get more attention and became a marketing genius. Not only that he was able to get the owner of Nuare make a video for him, why didn’t they just release a small post? They seem to have cared about him at some point.

Never used any marketing "tricks" before? He did the same shit.. he just failed to get any attention.

By "accident" he found THIS TIME to be pretending to be Kojima works? He's been TRYING to do the same thing since 2015... "Abandoned" is the THIRD one of his "games" where he attempted to reference PT. Here's his Kickstarter from 2015:

EDfHqBm.png

He did it again for his next "game" too.

It's not marketing genius.. it's consumer idiocy.

His past games/antics are BIZARELY similar... he just posted that shit on Kickstarter, or Facebook.. or Steam.. or Google Play store.. hell, who knows WTF he had on Twitter/Facebook/etc. that people haven't found? Or shit he deleted?

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

For instance.. he finally deleted the Facebook for his weird "Tales of the Six Swords' project most people never found:

Luckily I found it months ago and took some screen shots lol:

sCoatYj.png

BIG UPDATE!! COMING SOON!!!

Sound familiar?

DId the update come? Nope.

GAME SOUNDS AMAZING TOO.. CONSOLE-LIKE JRPG!!!

-Experience a JRPG in a console-like experience
-Story quests and tons of side quests!
-Immersive audio and visuals
-Create your own powerful weapons and fight monsters
-Experience a full depth storyline
- No ads, no in game microtransactions but just pure gameplay for the growing community!

PURE GAMEPLAY FOR THE GROWING COMMUNITY!!!!

He always lists a bunch of features he is incapable of supporting.... whatever he wants to pretend he's making, he claims he's making it.. and never does. From "open worlds" to "VR support"..

What was this "game" for instance? Was it a console-like JRPG experience?

IT wasn't a game.. if you downloaded it, all you got was a "Coming soon" splash screen.... and he eventually pulled it lol:

aW3w3Qc.png

Here's someone describing the "app", you can actually download it right now on APK backup sites.. it's the one where the icon for it was stolen art.

9s5RW3h.png

Who knows how many other weird Facebook pages, or Twitter accounts/posts Hasan had in the past.. doing bizarrely similar antics across 6 years. Nobody knows because nobody was paying any attention.

He's been straight up LARP-ing as a game dev for 6 years.. making up games he can't make in his head, releasing weird "apps" that barely function.. talking to the 5 people paying attention like his projects are some hyped thing COMING SOON.

This time, he got a Sony blog.. that's it.. that's the difference. People assumed that since he got a Playstation dev kit, and Sony posted his blog.. that it must be something bigger. They assumed that since his game was "PS5 exclusive", that he must have a "deal" with Sony.. they assumed a lot of things.

All of that logic fails basic scrutiny though, as I've been telling you guys since June.

KUMBAYA BITCHES HAHAHA THE BUTTHOLE IS ALL MINE... ALL MINE!! I tongued that perfect hole so hard this morning it was glorious..

Last edited:

bitbydeath

For instance.. he finally deleted the Facebook for his weird "Tales of the Six Swords' project most people never found:

Luckily I found it months ago and took some screen shots lol:

sCoatYj.png

BIG UPDATE!! COMING SOON!!!

Sound familiar?

DId the update come? Nope.

GAME SOUNDS AMAZING TOO.. CONSOLE-LIKE JRPG!!!

PURE GAMEPLAY FOR THE GROWING COMMUNITY!!!!

He always lists a bunch of features he is incapable of supporting.... whatever he wants to pretend he's making, he claims he's making it.. and never does. From "open worlds" to "VR support"..

What was this "game" for instance? Was it a console-like JRPG experience?

IT wasn't a game.. if you downloaded it, all you got was a "Coming soon" splash screen.... and he eventually pulled it lol:

aW3w3Qc.png

Here's someone describing the "app", you can actually download it right now on APK backup sites.. it's the one where the icon for it was stolen art.

9s5RW3h.png

Who knows how many other weird Facebook pages, or Twitter accounts/posts Hasan had in the past.. doing bizarrely similar antics across 6 years. Nobody knows because nobody was paying any attention.

He's been straight up LARP-ing as a game dev for 6 years.. making up games he can't make in his head, releasing weird "apps" that barely function.. talking to the 5 people paying attention like his projects are some hyped thing COMING SOON.

This time, he got a Sony blog.. that's it.. that's the difference. People assumed that since he got a Playstation dev kit, and Sony posted his blog.. that it must be something bigger. They assumed that since his game was "PS5 exclusive", that he must have a "deal" with Sony.. they assumed a lot of things.

All of that logic fails basic scrutiny though, as I've been telling you guys since June.

KUMBAYA BITCHES HAHAHA THE BUTTHOLE IS ALL MINE... ALL MINE!! I tongued that perfect hole so hard this morning it was glorious..
Seems odd he’d keep start making games but not sell them. Must be losing a ton of money just for what amounts to a few laughs.

IntentionalPun

Seems odd he’d keep start making games but not sell them. Must be losing a ton of money just for what amounts to a few laughs.
Losing money?

He's using free engines.. free or cheap assets.. he's an indie so he gets a dev kit lent for free, etc. It doesn't cost money to release on Google Play store, or Steam, where he has released "games" he charged money for (that had a few minutes of "gameplay".) The only evidence of any money spent are cheap assets people have found.

He's CLEARLY lying about having a dev team. It's just Hasan, dinking around in Unreal Engine for 6 years.

Managed to get Nuare's attention which is hilarious; still no clue whether Nuare has actually given Hasan any money but that seems to be a distinct possibility.

bitbydeath

Losing money?

He's using free engines.. free or cheap assets.. he's an indie so he gets a dev kit lent for free, etc. It doesn't cost money to release on Google Play store, or Steam, where he has released "games" he charged money for (that had a few minutes of "gameplay".) The only evidence of any money spent are cheap assets people have found.

He's CLEARLY lying about having a dev team. It's just Hasan, dinking around in Unreal Engine for 6 years.

Managed to get Nuare's attention which is hilarious; still no clue whether Nuare has actually given Hasan any money but that seems to be a distinct possibility.
Losing money because he spends and doesn’t receive, no matter how small you think he’s still getting nothing in return at the end of the day. Isn’t it a requirement to use the Unreal Logo when using their engine? The Abandoned app has no such logo and even Epic hinted he wasn’t using it for his game.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Losing money because he spends and doesn’t receive, no matter how small you think he’s still getting nothing in return at the end of the day. Isn’t it a requirement to use the Unreal Logo when using their engine? The Abandoned app has no such logo.

Unreal is free of charge until you hit 1 million units sold.

bitbydeath

Unreal is free of charge until you hit 1 million units sold.
He’s still spending time and buying/creating assets, mo-cap usage, Nuare involvement and the trailer app. There’s not even a need to produce a trailer app but he did.

If no money was ever expected to be returned then why go through the trouble?

ManaByte

Gold Member
He’s still spending time and buying/creating assets, mo-cap usage, Nuare involvement and the trailer app. There’s not even a need to produce a trailer app but he did.

If no money was ever expected to be returned then why go through the trouble?
Clout

IntentionalPun

Losing money because he spends and doesn’t receive, no matter how small you think he’s still getting nothing in return at the end of the day. Isn’t it a requirement to use the Unreal Logo when using their engine? The Abandoned app has no such logo and even Epic hinted he wasn’t using it for his game.

What are you talking about Epic hinting anything? Why are you even suspecting he's not using the Unreal Engine? People have data mined his games.. he uses the Unreal Engine.. Epic doesn't give 2 shits if some indie fails to put the Unreal logo on their trailers.

And I really don't get your point here.. he thinks he can make some money on the Playstation store.. just like he thought his $5 game on the google play store would, or his $10 game on Steam. His in this to make money.. he's just FAILED at it. He now has a bigger stage, the Sony platform.. so he what, spent $35 on a procedural forest?

y6krHcD.png

And nothing he's shown takes any great amount of time either.. it's exactly what a kid in college could do in there spare time.. or someone with a day job. Hell people with day jobs produce REAL GAMES in their free time. Many, hell I'd say MOST indie devs have regular jobs. Or maybe he lives with Mommy/Daddy.

And Nuare is now HELPING INDIES..

in 2021 we opened a completely new department that focuses on helping mobile, casual, and indie companies;
in 2021 we started investing in young promising game companies (send us your deck);

I told you guys right from the start that Nuare getting involved doesn't mean Hasan gave them thousands of dollars.. I told you guys right from the start it's actually possible Nuare got involved w/o any money exchanging hands...and then.. they magically posted that blog.

Moral of the story?

Listen to your friend IntenitonalPun.

I'm actually a wildly successful genius... not a fake marketing genius, a real certifiable GENIUS.. I advise Fortune 50 CTOs during the day while snorting coke off a $500 mirror and getting a BJ from my wife.. or maybe my girlfriend. I have a sports car in my garage I only drive once a month for fun, when I'm not driving my $80,000 luxury SUV.

I didn't get this way by lacking critical thinking and deductive reasoning skills..

I got this way because I'm a fucking genius, and you all should bow down to my superior intellect.

<3 <3 <3

Last edited:

DarthPutin

I guess it's not that weird for me since I've realized what type of person we're (probably) dealing with. I've seen this type before in writing communities, people who just LOVE coming up with dream projects, talking about them at length, making advertisements, logos, summaries etc. The only thing they don't produce are the projects themselves. Why are they doing it? Well, it's hard to explain, there is no practical reason, they just enjoy pretending to be writers/artists/game devs in this case. Any real stuff they could do would pale in comparison, and would require tons of hard work.

Trying to understand the logic from the purely rational, profit-driven place won't really work. Usually no one takes these people seriously, this one got put in spotlight. It would make sense to push yourself and try to release something semi-decent, but I'm not sure if he's capable of this. It will surely take tons of times if so, though I don't really believe it anyway.

bitbydeath

What are you talking about Epic hinting anything? Why are you even suspecting he's not using the Unreal Engine? People have data mined his games.. he uses the Unreal Engine.. Epic doesn't give 2 shits if some indie fails to put the Unreal logo on their trailers.

And I really don't get your point here.. he thinks he can make some money on the Playstation store.. just like he thought his $5 game on the google play store would, or his $10 game on Steam. His in this to make money.. he's just FAILED at it. He now has a bigger stage, the Sony platform.. so he what, spent $35 on a procedural forest?

y6krHcD.png

And nothing he's shown takes any great amount of time either.. it's exactly what a kid in college could do in there spare time.. or someone with a day job. Hell people with day jobs produce REAL GAMES in their free time. Many, hell I'd say MOST indie devs have regular jobs. Or maybe he lives with Mommy/Daddy.

And Nuare is now HELPING INDIES..

I told you guys right from the start that Nuare getting involved doesn't mean Hasan gave them thousands of dollars.. I told you guys right from the start it's actually possible Nuare got involved w/o any money exchanging hands...and then.. they magically posted that blog.

Moral of the story?

Listen to your friend IntenitonalPun.

I'm actually a wildly successful genius... not a fake marketing genius, a real certifiable GENIUS.. I advise Fortune 50 CTOs during the day while snorting coke off a $500 mirror and getting a BJ from my wife.. or maybe my girlfriend. I have a sports car in my garage I only drive once a month for fun, when I'm not driving my $80,000 luxury SUV.

I didn't get this way by lacking critical thinking and deductive reasoning skills..

I got this way because I'm a fucking genius, and you all should bow down to my superior intellect.

<3 <3 <3
Epic responded with a confused emoji on Twitter when Blue Box was talking about Abandoned using Unreal.

The money talk is for those believing he’ll never release anything. If he never releases anything then they won’t be paid.

And team fake have enough pessimists to have recreated it by now if it were so easy to do.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Epic responded with a confused emoji on Twitter when Blue Box was talking about Abandoned using Unreal.

The money talk is for those believing he’ll never release anything. If he never releases anything then they won’t be paid.

And team fake have enough pessimists to have recreated it by now if it were so easy to do.

You are just inventing things that aren't there with the Unreal logo stuff.. you have it kinda backwards...you dont HAVE to use the Unreal logo, and if you do, you have to request permission to do so, and Epic might deny you.. while not stopping you from using the Engine.

"if he never releases anything then they won’t be paid."

He's been doing this for six years and maybe sold a few dozen copies of his releases that cost $2-10 at most. Some of the games he worked on, and promoted.. he never released.. why do you always just ignore his past? lol

He's clearly either just fucking around in his free time, hoping to someday make some money but not depending on it.. or he's a fucking moron. Why that confuses you guys so much is beyond me.. this world is full of wannabe musicians who've spent thousands of dollars creating albums that make them zero dollars.. full of game devs who fail to make money too, many of whom spent money creating a flop.. much more money than anything Hasan appears to have spent money on.

Hell I probably have $2k in software licensing costs, and $10k in web hosting costs.. for web projects I started working on in my spare time and never completed. I once did get a gaming forum to take off w/ brought in $600-1000 a month, paying off expenses.. but not being nearly worth my time so I eventually ditched it... but I actually kept my $150 / month web hosting account open JUST IN CASE.. for like.. 6 fucking years lol... I also got my first career job at 20 and my starting salary was $75k.

People have day jobs.. if he can code or do anything w/ computers he can be making close to 6 figures fresh out of college.. he could live w/ his parents and not have rent to pay.. who knows? You guys are so stuck on these weird ideas, when there are a million and 1 explanations for it and the world is full of people who waste much more money on huge failure products.

Nobody is saying "HE WONT RELEASE ANYTHING".. it's one of the possibilities among a list of possibilities. Why is it on the table? Because he's done it in the past... not released something he was hyping. It's also a possibility simply because he's an indie dev likely in the Sony dev kit program that doesn't just give you a dev kit indefinitely. He'll have to put up or shut up at some point.

But he WANTS TO release something that costs money.. nobody is saying he doesn't.. whether he'll accomplish that is another story.

My guess is he wants to charge for this "prologue".. which will just be much like his last 2 projects he charged people money for. Some shit you can run through in 10 minutes and see everything there is to see. That's all he's ever proven capable of and I see no reason for that to suddenly change.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

You are just inventing things that aren't there with the Unreal logo stuff.. you have it kinda backwards...you dont HAVE to use the Unreal logo, and if you do, you have to request permission to do so, and Epic might deny you.. while not stopping you from using the Engine.
It sounds like it's stipulated as a requirement here -
12. Proprietary Notices and Attribution

You agree to retain and reproduce in all copies of the Licensed Technology the copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices and disclaimers of Epic and third parties as they appear in the Engine Code and the Content.

why do you always just ignore his past? lol
Because it remains unproven.

People really overstating hasan and sony's relationship. Im pretty sure its one sided asf. Thats why sony doesnt give a shit. Hasan just made it look like a big deal just like every promise he made about his game. 4k 60fps, playstation exclusive with future live events. Everything this guy says should be taken with a grain of salt
Why would Sony care about any of that? An app that passed cert is on the store. That's where their involvement begins and end

IntentionalPun

It sounds like it's stipulated as a requirement here -

"Retain and reproduce"; meaning you can't scrub mention of Unreal Engine from anything the engine produces.. meaning things like files and whatnot that you can find if you extract packages/etc. Standard software licensing stuff for re-usable code/libraries/engines.

The only actual requirement beyond that for attribution, that isn't "don't remove mentions of Epic/Unreal from your code" is:

You agree to place the following notices in the credits (replacing xxxx with the current year) for any Product, to the extent such product has credits

There is no requirement to put the logo/splash screen on anything, and in fact, you have to request that if you want to do it.. and Epic might deny you if they dont want their logo associated with your garbage lol

Because it remains unproven.

Ah yes, the old "Kojima must have had archive.org archive fake stuff for people to find for his ARG" logic LOL

If he does really not spend any money at all, he sure is putting a lot of his time into this stuff. And just for the only purpose to piss people off? There are many less time intensive ways to archive this goal.

If he was really able to trick Sony and they don't care about him, I am sure Nuare at least would do a small check before openly defending this developer. They are a big company working together with a ton of big developers on triple A games, so I cant imagine they would risk some of their reputation by siding up with a small indie, unless they are sure its a real developer and not some fraud.

I am absolutely convinced at this point that Kojima is working on Silent Hill(s), as leaked by Gematsu. I mean okay people could say they are wrong, but even VGC said, although they don't have the same information, they have no reason to doubt the information. And even Jeff Grubb, who reported about the letter of intend between Mircrosoft and Kojima seems to believe it, since he said that he never said the letter of intend would prevent Kojima to also work together with Sony on something.

We will see in the end if Abandoned have anything to do with it, but I think its odd there is this whole mess now with Abandoned, with a lot of coincidences which point to Kojima, which would be another big cooincidence if it is not related to the silent hill game from Kojima.

IntentionalPun

If he does really not spend any money at all, he sure is putting a lot of his time into this stuff. And just for the only purpose to piss people off? There are many less time intensive ways to archive this goal.

If he was really able to trick Sony and they don't care about him, I am sure Nuare at least would do a small check before openly defending this developer. They are a big company working together with a ton of big developers on triple A games, so I cant imagine they would risk some of their reputation by siding up with a small indie, unless they are sure its a real developer and not some fraud.

Hasan is doing this because he wants to make money.. not sure why you guys think his motivation is to piss people off.

And Nuare is NOT a big company.

Literally NONE of us ever heard of them before all of this... because Nuare is a small company, that mostly does concept art.. that's what they do for "AAA games".. and judging by their LinkedIn, they barely have any full time employees.. they hire contract work.

I'm sure they make good money doing that...and they are trying to expand.. but CLEARLY they didn't look into BlueBox very hard before getting involved with them. We also have no clue if they are still involved after things about Hasan became more widely publicized.

Beyond that, they seem to think the conspiracy theory stuff is funny.. as their employees have joked about it/egged it on online in a couple of places.

For all we know, again.. no money has exchanged hands at all.. we really have no clue.. we dont know if Hasan paid them, they paid him.. or they just talked about working together and came up w/ that video.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

"Retain and reproduce"; meaning you can't scrub mention of Unreal Engine from anything the engine produces.. meaning things like files and whatnot that you can find if you extract packages/etc. Standard software licensing stuff for re-usable code/libraries/engines.

The only actual requirement beyond that for attribution, that isn't "don't remove mentions of Epic/Unreal from your code" is:

There is no requirement to put the logo/splash screen on anything, and in fact, you have to request that if you want to do it.. and Epic might deny you if they dont want their logo associated with your garbage lol
Do you know of any examples where the logo has been successfully excluded on an Unreal product previously?

Ah yes, the old "Kojima must have had archive.org archive fake stuff for people to find for his ARG" logic LOL
There's two ways it could play out.

1. Kojima previously created the content at the time, no time machine required.
2. Bluebox was once a real studio that went under and Sneakywarrior (the associated dev) took up a job at Kojima Prod in his local area after it folded.

Last edited:

"if he never releases anything then they won’t be paid."

He's been doing this for six years and maybe sold a few dozen copies of his releases that cost $2-10 at most. Some of the games he worked on, and promoted.. he never released.. why do you always just ignore his past? lol

He's clearly either just fucking around in his free time, hoping to someday make some money but not depending on it.. or he's a fucking moron. Why that confuses you guys so much is beyond me.. this world is full of wannabe musicians who've spent thousands of dollars creating albums that make them zero dollars.. full of game devs who fail to make money too, many of whom spent money creating a flop.. much more money than anything Hasan appears to have spent money on.

Hell I probably have $2k in software licensing costs, and $10k in web hosting costs.. for web projects I started working on in my spare time and never completed. I once did get a gaming forum to take off w/ brought in $600-1000 a month, paying off expenses.. but not being nearly worth my time so I eventually ditched it... but I actually kept my $150 / month web hosting account open JUST IN CASE.. for like.. 6 fucking years lol... I also got my first career job at 20 and my starting salary was $75k.

People have day jobs.. if he can code or do anything w/ computers he can be making close to 6 figures fresh out of college.. he could live w/ his parents and not have rent to pay.. who knows? You guys are so stuck on these weird ideas, when there are a million and 1 explanations for it and the world is full of people who waste much more money on huge failure products.

Nobody is saying "HE WONT RELEASE ANYTHING".. it's one of the possibilities among a list of possibilities. Why is it on the table? Because he's done it in the past... not released something he was hyping. It's also a possibility simply because he's an indie dev likely in the Sony dev kit program that doesn't just give you a dev kit indefinitely. He'll have to put up or shut up at some point.

But he WANTS TO release something that costs money.. nobody is saying he doesn't.. whether he'll accomplish that is another story.

My guess is he wants to charge for this "prologue".. which will just be much like his last 2 projects he charged people money for. Some shit you can run through in 10 minutes and see everything there is to see. That's all he's ever proven capable of and I see no reason for that to suddenly change.

dr-strange-teach-me.gif

(Forreal 🥺)

IntentionalPun

Do you know of any examples where the logo has been successfully excluded on an Unreal product previously?

Sure, I'll go through what I have installed give me a minute... starting with Yoshis Crafted World

1. Yoshi's Crafted World, doesn't have it, not in the trailer released by Nintendo either
2. Days Gone - again, not in game/spash screen.. not in trailers Sony posted
3.. Smite - Again, not in game.. not in trailers..
4. FORNITE.. LOL.. Epic didn't bother either
5. OK I FOUND ONE SORT OF! Borderlands - The Presequel.. I even download/installed this one to try to help.. and it does have the Unreal Engine in a tiny logo on a half second copywrite screen along with 10 other logos.. but no big Unreal Engine splash screen.. BUT WE ARE GETTING CLOSER!

edit: I'll keep looking but that might be it for installed games... I'm sure I have 100 other Unreal Engine games, but not downloaded...

Can you name me an Unreal Engine game, that uses Unreal as a splash screen?

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

Must have had a pm fight with the mods lol. All he really does here was spam gifs lately
I can assure you I wouldn't even know who to pm even if I wanted to get into one. Now I would never imply that there may be some bias in our benevolent and incredibly good looking moderation team. I'm sure whoever issued that ban must have simply forgotten to state a reason. It is probably my fault for doing too many naughty things like the rambunctious mischief-maker I am.
denise richards smile GIF

Seems like we will get some Silent Hill reveal at the game awards. Geoff posted a save the date video with some hidden coordinates. This will lead you to a store which seems fake for a drug from a plant, a similar drug to the one in Silent Hill. Apparently S Hill street is also only 2 blocks away from these coordinates.

I think it’s definitively too early for the bloober Silent Hill reveal, so let’s hope for the best.

I can assure you I wouldn't even know who to pm even if I wanted to get into one. Now I would never imply that there may be some bias in our benevolent and incredibly good looking moderation team. I'm sure whoever issued that ban must have simply forgotten to state a reason. It is probably my fault for doing too many naughty things like the rambunctious mischief-maker I am.
denise richards smile GIF
Im triggered by her good looks gahdamn watched this loop 30times before replying. I forget her name who is this?

ParaSeoul

Seems like we will get some Silent Hill reveal at the game awards. Geoff posted a save the date video with some hidden coordinates. This will lead you to a store which seems fake for a drug from a plant, a similar drug to the one in Silent Hill. Apparently S Hill street is also only 2 blocks away from these coordinates.

I think it’s definitively too early for the bloober Silent Hill reveal, so let’s hope for the best.
where?

Top Bottom