• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

8BiTw0LF

Banned

"See you there after a while"

tenor.gif

RaySoft

I'm missing something with this Tweet. What is the context in relation to this thread?
My thought exactly, so I checked his tweet. Seems it was a random tweet. (Not that I understand twitter as much as any of you) At least I didn't see any other tweet that this was supposed to be an answer to, so that's kinda intresting.
But being twitter illiterate, I could probably be wrong.

Last edited:

THE:MILKMAN

My thought exactly, so I checked his tweet. Seems it was a random tweet. (Not that I understand twitter as much as any of you) At least I didn't see any other tweet that this was supposed to be an answer to, so that's kinda intresting.
But being twitter illiterate, I could probably be wrong.

He just made another Tweet and it seems it was about his latest animation film Trollhunters: RoT.

Hence why I was confused about that Tweet being posted in this thread. I know GDT and HK are friends and colleagues but I see no link to this thread from that Tweet!

8BiTw0LF

Banned
He just made another Tweet and it seems it was about his latest animation film Trollhunters: RoT.

Hence why I was confused about that Tweet being posted in this thread. I know GDT and HK are friends and colleagues but I see no link to this thread from that Tweet!
Guillermo was a writer on Silent Hills and the tweet could have something to do with it, or Nightmare Alleys - it's out of context - like this tweet from June 22nd - also in spanish:

"Well- I'm going to follow him."

June 22nd:

THE:MILKMAN

Guillermo was a writer on Silent Hills and the tweet could have something to do with it, or Nightmare Alleys - it's out of context - like this tweet from June 22nd - also in spanish:

June 22nd:

GDT does seem to have a unique/odd way of Tweeting but I just think it is him replying to people without quoting the Tweet. If like Ge Os Ge Os says above and the real world translation/meaning is more like 'see you around' then it most likely was a response to the user Paula given the timing and what they said?

ETA: Or even more likely is GDT is old school and treats Twitter as it was originally intended as a random short message site where nothing makes sense or has any context.

Last edited:

Ge Os

So this one looks like another Google translate work.
The correct interpretation of that sentence would be something like:

"Well- I'll get back to it."

He's not talking about anyone in particular, just a phrase you say when you have something to do. That's it.
Just like English, Spanish (especially in Mexico) has some top tier slang when it comes to translation/interpretation.

"me voy a ir yendo" is basically next to "had had had had"

He's not talking about anyone in particular, just a phrase you say when you have something to do. That's it.
Just like English, Spanish (especially in Mexico) has some top tier slang when it comes to translation/interpretation.

wtf? Not really.

He's saying "Good (well is fine too), I will follow you now"

No idea what's the context of what he was replying to, but seems like someone followed him and he's returning the courtesy. At least it's implied.

Ge Os

wtf? Not really.

He's saying "Good (well is fine too), I will follow you now"

No idea what's the context of what he was replying to, but seems like someone followed him and he's returning the courtesy. At least it's implied.
"Bien, ahora voy a seguirte."

That is the literal translation of what you wrote, and it doesn't even get near to what GDT said.
GDT and I were born in the same city (I still live here), WE ACTUALLY SHARE THE SAME FREAKING NAME, so Im' pretty sure I know how to interpret SPANISH.

"Bien, ahora voy a seguirte."

That is the literal translation of what you wrote, and it doesn't even get near to what GDT said.
GDT and I were born in the same city (I still live here), WE ACTUALLY SHARE THE SAME FREAKING NAME, so Im' pretty sure I know how to interpret SPANISH.
Seguirle vs seguirte differentiates a level of proximity. Seguirte you will say to someone you're close to, family, friend, someone younger maybe. Seguirle shows he's talking to someone he either older or he doesn't have an established bond.
My translation is accurate if you assume he's not too close to the person he's replying to but still not keeping the language too formal. Which makes complete sense he's on twitter likely speaking to a stranger.

I don't see where you get "get back to it" from this.

Anyway, agree to disagree, I don't really care that much as I don't even know what's the context and how it's connected to the topic.

Ge Os

I don't see where you get "get back to it" from this.
"Ya me voy a seguirle." is used to let someone know you have something to do/finish. Like a goodbye kinda phrase, like "De rato" o "Cámara".

"Keep going straight" > Google Translate EN to SP > "Sigue recto"
"Sigue recto"
> Google Translate SP to EN > "Continue straight"

Trying to translate slang without knowing how is used in their original region can cause this kind of mess.
In Mexico City they use "Cámara" to either:
- agree
- disagree
- say good bye
- among other uses

I also failed to see where you get "I will follow you now" from that tweet, since there's no "tú" or "now" (and there's no way of telling if they're implicit cause there's no context).

Ya me voy a ir yendo, sale wey! (try translating that to something that makes sense to you)

Last edited:

yurinka

"Ya me voy a seguirle." is used to let someone know you have something to do/finish. Like a goodbye kinda phrase, like "De rato" o "Cámara".

"Keep going straight" > Google Translate EN to SP > "Sigue recto"
"Sigue recto"
> Google Translate SP to EN > "Continue straight"

Trying to translate slang without knowing how is used in their original region can cause this kind of mess.
In Mexico City they use "Cámara" to either:
- agree
- disagree
- say good bye
- among other uses

I also failed to see where you get "I will follow you now" from that tweet, since there's no "tú" or "now" (and there's no way of telling if they're implicit cause there's no context).

Ya me voy a ir yendo, sale wey! (try translating that to something that makes sense to you)
Native Spanish here (Spaniard), if I read 'Bueno, ya me voy a seguirle' I understand 'well, I'm going to follow him'. Like saying he's going to follow someone on Twitter or something like that, probably someone who appears in his previous tweet.

Seguirle vs seguirte differentiates a level of proximity.
In Spain 'seguirte' means 'follow you' (by 'you' meaning the guy he's talking to) 'seguirle' means 'follow him' (someone else different than the people he's talking to).

It can also mean in both cases 'follow you' but in a more formal (seguirle) way or in a more informal way (seguirte) in most cases unless you're talking to the King or something like that. In Spain we almost always use the informal way to make the other people feel closer, more casual and relaxed. In Latin American -specifically in certain countries, like when using 'vos' instead of 'tu'- in general is more common to talk in a more formal way with random people in casual context, like to be more respectful and polite.

Last edited:
Native Spanish here (Spaniard), if I read 'Bueno, ya me voy a seguirle' I understand 'well, I'm going to follow him'. Like saying he's going to follow someone on Twitter or something like that, probably someone who appears in his previous tweet.

In Spain 'seguirte' means 'follow you' (by 'you' meaning the guy he's talking to) 'seguirle' means 'follow him' (someone else different than the people he's talking to).

It can also mean in both cases 'follow you' but in a more formal (seguirle) way or in a more informal way (seguirte) in most cases unless you're talking to the King or something like that. In Spain we almost always use the informal way to make the other people feel closer, more casual and relaxed. In Latin American -specifically in certain countries, like when using 'vos' instead of 'tu'- in general is more common to talk in a more formal way with random people in casual context, like to be more respectful and polite.
Yep, that's exactly what I said :messenger_winking:

And it depends on context, i assumed he was just being polite and more "formal" thus saying he would follow the person he's talking to. But you're right he could mean follow a 3rd party that wasn't in the conversation :)

I thought I am deep in it, but some people overdo it. We do not have to think now that every tweet from a person who was involved in PT has something to do with Silent Hills. What happens in the future when one day Del Toro dies and there is a report about his funeral, do people still say then: Cemetary, Church? It must be a trade for a new Silent Hill Game…

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I thought I am deep in it, but some people overdo it. We do not have to think now that every tweet from a person who was involved in PT has something to do with Silent Hills. What happens in the future when one day Del Toro dies and there is a report about his funeral, do people still say then: Cemetary, Church? It must be a trade for a new Silent Hill Game…
Continue Season 9 GIF by The Office

For somneone who has never made a real game before and now suddenly employing 50+ people for 2+ years to make a game that may never sell a copy,
Hasan seems like he was doing pretty well for himself even before this venture.
He is even redefining what an Indie studio is , it used to be a few to a dozen people and now its starting at 50+. Everything seems to be in order, nothing to see here.

Last edited:

Plastic Train

Neo Member
Not sure if this is exactly Silent Hill by Hideo Kojima, but something is up. There is no way this is just some random dumbass scamming people.

I think the Abandoned App might be an app that showcases a bunch of "abandoned" games that have been remastered/remade exclusively for Playstation: Metal Gear series, Silent Hill, etc. Trailers for each would unlock from the app over time.

Also, can anyone explain why The Haunting: Blood Water Curse is on the PlayStation store right now? I have it in my wishlist. I thought the story goes that game was abandoned by Hasan and sold to some other company? It's on there right now for "early access" and the publisher credits read: "Published by Hasan Kahraman t/a BLUE BOX Game Studios"

trikster40

Not sure if this is exactly Silent Hill by Hideo Kojima, but something is up. There is no way this is just some random dumbass scamming people.

I think the Abandoned App might be an app that showcases a bunch of "abandoned" games that have been remastered/remade exclusively for Playstation: Metal Gear series, Silent Hill, etc. Trailers for each would unlock from the app over time.

Also, can anyone explain why The Haunting: Blood Water Curse is on the PlayStation store right now? I have it in my wishlist. I thought the story goes that game was abandoned by Hasan and sold to some other company? It's on there right now for "early access" and the publisher credits read: "Published by Hasan Kahraman t/a BLUE BOX Game Studios"
Yeah just checked, found it on the store as well. Weird. Lots of small pieces starting to fall into place, just gotta figure out what picture they’re making.

Well you know Hasan said he has a close relationship with Sony. Good enough to even habe Sony on speed dial and stop the release of an app the same day it is supposed to be released. Sony loves the guy and they did since they fell in love with his Kickstarter.

Seriously does team fake really believe this story?

It can be follow him, if it is in response to a person, or follow it if it is in response to something or a project.

Bueno___ ya______ me ____ voy a________ seguirle
Well_____Now____ I'm _____ going to _____ follow [it-him]

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
It doesn’t matter anymore what you bring to the table here. It’s flat-earth society. They’ll see those tweets and make connections with god knows what. They also don’t understand that we’re not party poopers. We’re just mitigating the disappointment that half of this thread will go through.

But there’s nothing we can do for now. We will come back to help with kind words and not “we told you so”.

love,

tommib
I totally get this rumor won’t die. Every leak last year that included it was accurate except for the actual appearance of it.

Kojima is making a game with Microsoft

Bloober was announced to be partnering with Konami

This nonsense has to end.

It was to be expected, because of the Sony event delay, they ran out of teases they have planned from the beginning. It is probably also not easy to get Hasan or whatever his real name is to do another video. And after all what should he say: I am sorry that I was still not able to show my team as promised and come up with a stupid excuse…

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Kojima making some exclusive SH game for Sony would be massive news; why would Sony delay such an announcement in the middle of this amazing ARG you guys think is happening to create this awkward pause in the first place?

You guys just bend and twist so much it's crazy lol

Hasan Kahraman (BLUEBOX Game studios) changed his Twitter background to a picture of a small island which looks like a hill. A small island in Japanese is called 小島. Translated to English it's Kojima via Reddit

1500x500
That’s old news and has been reported multiple times already, I even put it in my comments on Reddit as an argument, but team fake is thinking it’s another coincidence. Look o could get that Hasan is intentionally leaning in to get attention, but then it wouldn’t make sense that he posted the 2 videos saying it’s not him…

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
That’s old news and has been reported multiple times already, I even put it in my comments on Reddit as an argument, but team fake is thinking it’s another coincidence. Look o could get that Hasan is intentionally leaning in to get attention, but then it wouldn’t make sense that he posted the 2 videos saying it’s not him…
Dude he's been going back and forth between denying it and doing lame often insanely obvious references to either Kojima or silent hill this entire time lol

The only reason this guy has gotten any attention is this conspiracy theory, but he also has to deny it.. it makes no sense if this really is Silent Hill and they actually tweeted "S____ ____L", it's like an ARG for toddlers.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Dude he's been going back and forth between denying it and doing lame often insanely obvious references to either Kojima or silent hill this entire time lol

The only reason this guy has gotten any attention is this conspiracy theory, but he also has to deny it.. it makes no sense if this really is Silent Hill and they actually tweeted "S____ ____L", it's like an ARG for toddlers.
Somehow the game 's_______l' name is Survival. He announced the change on Twitter but kept pushing the name Abandoned afterwards.

Top Bottom