• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Not even No Man’s Sky does it and they drop news all the time online advertising their new updates.
Their are also lots of big AAA games that don't do it..

This is just such flawed logic to me.. "others aren't doing it, therefore it must be something special that only special devs can access."

I've literally never looked at a news item on PSN and I have a half dozen Sony consoles in my house lol.. this is not some super effective "marketing" strategy most devs would give a shit about using.

You'd think if Sony was treating this game in any special way.. they'd... have it show up on PSN somewhere without having to explicitly search for it lol

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Oh and BTW, No Man's Sky does use it bitbydeath bitbydeath

tEx9qbD.jpg

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Apps are hidden under the Media page.
If we look at just the VR and experience apps section it would have a listing of just 5 other apps to contend with.

OK I see the 5 apps I've never heard of in my life there... why would that be special again? lol

It's probably not where this "Abandoned : Realtime Trailers" will show up either way. If it ever actually releases lol

bitbydeath

OK I see the 5 apps I've never heard of in my life there... why would that be special again? lol

It's probably not where this "Abandoned : Realtime Trailers" will show up either way. If it ever actually releases lol
Of course it will release, it's already been spotted on PSN, complete with file size.
It was delayed due to the Sony Conference being pushed from July to August.

IntentionalPun

Of course it will release, it's already been spotted on PSN, complete with file size.
It was delayed due to the Sony Conference being pushed from July to August.
Yes he's uploaded it to PSN.. along with other random crap that isn't set for release. We have no idea if it's actually going to end up for pre-load in 2 weeks, or actually release August 10th.. I mean this guy waited until the last second to BS about his last "release date" too.

And good lord you truly are a believer that this trailers crap will somehow be tied to a Sony conference? lol

I commend you friend for sticking to it.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

I'm not quoting this as an "I told you so".. more of a "maybe y'all should listen to old uncle Pun every once in a while."

It's almost certainly just part of the self publishing tools games get on PSN.

I mean.. this stuff is basic content management system shit.. probably Drupal or something similar, with submissions and approvals.

bitbydeath

Yes he's uploaded it to PSN.. along with other random crap that isn't set for release. We have no idea if it's actually going to end up for pre-load in 2 weeks, or actually release August 10th.. I mean this guy waited until the last second to BS about his last "release date" too.

And good lord you truly are a believer that this trailers crap will somehow be tied to a Sony conference? lol

I commend you friend for sticking to it.
It is highly coincidental that both were pushed at the same time.

IntentionalPun

Not officially announced. It was rumoured and that rumoured date was pushed.
Super vague rumor from a guy on Resetera who barely seemed to know lol

He said "June"... then a 4chan "leaker" said "July"... not August.. reliable stuff, and surely has something to do with Hasan ;)

Last edited:

kikii

July 29th next PS event confirmed and not august ^^ they change their mind like crazy :p

EDIT: i missread their tweet so august 10th it must then :D

Last edited:

Kdad

Did i miss a twist in Hasan's story somewhere?

They seem to be leaning really hard into calling this Abandoned...no * or anything...but a month back Abandoned was just a working title. Why would an indie lean so hard into a working title, you're going to lose your audience name recognition....unless there is a bigger name coming and this will all be abandoned.

IntentionalPun

I have some ancient mescaline I got off eBay a couple years back and have been tempted to dip into that craziness.

That’s how crushingly sober I’ve been.

Maybe if I boof a bunch of cactus juice I’ll see the truth if #TeamReal

For a fraud, Hasan seems to know basically everything about where he use of the PSN or promote his game.

If the app is not real like intentional pun seems to believe, it is strange that he goes through all this trouble to translate the thing into multiple languages. I mean I can perhaps understand team fakes logic that his game is bad and he want to get all the promotion he can get, but why would he promote an app which doesn’t exist, people will realize that it’s not real at one point and they will also not trust the game then later.

And then again there is the name coincidence that if you translate Hideo to Turkish you get his family name. There are over 700 family names in the Turkish language and even if you take out rare ones you still end up with low odds. We also shouldn’t forget that his parents or at least one of them are Turkish (the other half then Dutch) but he is not able to speak the language and have to resort to google translate. I mean it’s possible as there are people like this, but it’s also rather rare and strange. I mean I live in Japan and have 2 small children and am certainly doing my best to teach them as much German as possible. So yes possible (I am looking at you Naomi Osaka) but rare.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I have some ancient mescaline I got off eBay a couple years back and have been tempted to dip into that craziness.

That’s how crushingly sober I’ve been.

Maybe if I boof a bunch of cactus juice I’ll see the truth if #TeamReal

That's right, brother. Drink the aglaophotis. Purge the parasite of skepticism. Draw the Seal of Metraton on top of your doubts. Stick your hand in the toilet of belief. Let the game play you as much as you play it.

IntentionalPun

For a fraud, Hasan seems to know basically everything about where he use of the PSN or promote his game.

According to that one indie dev; every dev is required to write a blog post, and produce a trailer.. so beyond that, what avenue do you think Hasan "knows" that others don't? The posting of "news" to your game? Likely part of a dashboard he has asking to, and part of basic instructions?

If the app is not real like intentional pun seems to believe, it is strange that he goes through all this trouble to translate the thing into multiple languages. I mean I can perhaps understand team fakes logic that his game is bad and he want to get all the promotion he can get, but why would he promote an app which doesn’t exist, people will realize that it’s not real at one point and they will also not trust the game then later.

For one I'm curious where you guys are getting this translation thing from? Is it something he said?

You are likely required to do localization though for some set of languages to release; so if he said it caused a delay, that makes sense.. his app would have been rejected by certification. Not that he'd have much to localize though, or that it'd be particularly difficult. I'm sure there's a system in place in the SDK for storing all strings in resource files by language.. and if his app had a small amount of "strings", he could literally just do it himself. Or send the strings off to a company to do it for a few bucks. I've worked on dozens of projects that required localization, it's not some big deal.

But I also don't know what you mean by me thinking he's "fake"? What I think is fake is that he is presenting himself as a competent dev, with a real dev team, capable of developing real games. By "real games" I mean games that aren't just shoveled on storefronts and offer very little in the way of gameplay, or content.. like literally everything he's ever released. We know for sure, that by his own omission, the trailer he made was just an asset flip already.. it all fits a person just throwing assets around in what are at best lame tech demos with prices on them. The "trailers app" is likely just a way to keep people's attention as he knows he can't produce anything of merit anytime soon.

Why is he doing all of this? I mean why not try to release something on Playstation if you get the chance? Why not take advantage of exposure for some crazy ARG people think is happening? Maybe he actually can attract some real funding even, not that I think he'd know WTF to do with it lol.. or maybe Nuare will actually lend some real "dev" support, although I'm still not convinced they have done much other than made some deal for some art or 3D models, which aren't as expensive as people think.

And then again there is the name coincidence that if you translate Hideo to Turkish you get his family name. There are over 700 family names in the Turkish language and even if you take out rare ones you still end up with low odds. We also shouldn’t forget that his parents or at least one of them are Turkish (the other half then Dutch) but he is not able to speak the language and have to resort to google translate. I mean it’s possible as there are people like this, but it’s also rather rare and strange. I mean I live in Japan and have 2 small children and am certainly doing my best to teach them as much German as possible. So yes possible (I am looking at you Naomi Osaka) but rare.

It's a funny coincidence for sure; it's not that particularly low odds though.. even just straight up there is about a 1 in 500 chance of anyone with a Turkish last name, having that last name be Kamahran (according to some sites that track those things.) But TBH I don't know what you mean by "he has to resort to google translate".. for what exactly? I'm confused what you even mean.

Either way.. he's a real person, unless someone is comfiting fraud against the NL government, and Kickstarter, w/ his companies presence over the last 6 years. So what angle are you imagining here with the funny name coincidence? (that really only happens because of somewhat of a translation error that has nothing directly to do with Kokima's actual name in Japanese)

Last edited:
But TBH I don't know what you mean by "he has to resort to google translate".. for what exactly? I'm confused what you even mean.
A while ago some one tweeted him on turkish and he answered with poor turkish that his Turkish skill is worse than google translate to apologize for it. But some people pointed out that his answer is exactly what you would get with google translate, so it does not seem he was writing it.

bitbydeath

Super vague rumor from a guy on Resetera who barely seemed to know lol

He said "June"... then a 4chan "leaker" said "July"... not August.. reliable stuff, and surely has something to do with Hasan ;)
Wasn’t just Resetera but a whole bunch of sites indicating July 8 to be the big conference.

Eg.

IntentionalPun

Wasn’t just Resetera but a whole bunch of sites indicating July 8 to be the big conference.

Eg.

July 8th was their state of play.. and that rumor was a game of telephone that started here:

Vague reddit rumor from a guy who didn't even trust his source that much lol.. but they were right about an event. The guy said :" Like I said you should take this with a grain of salt because this source is new to "the collection" (but hasn't been wrong yet)"

These are all just vague as hell rumors.. from restera, or reddit.. being reported by "web sites" because gaming web sites are a joke.

bitbydeath

July 8th was their state of play.. and that rumor was a game of telephone that started here:

Vague reddit rumor from a guy who didn't even trust his source that much lol.. but they were right about an event. The guy said :" Like I said you should take this with a grain of salt because this source is new to "the collection" (but hasn't been wrong yet)"

These are all just vague as hell rumors.. from restera, or reddit.. being reported by "web sites" because gaming web sites are a joke.

That was one example. If you google “July 8 Sony conference rumour” you’ll find many more.

The rumours weren’t about the State of Play that occurred. The July 8 conference was then rumoured to be postponed long before that State of Play was announced too.

IntentionalPun

That was one example. If you google “July 8 Sony conference rumour” you’ll find many more.

The rumours weren’t about the State of Play that occurred. The July 8 conference was then rumoured to be postponed long before that State of Play was announced too.
And if you trace those articles back.. they end up at that reddit rumor. And "rumored to be postponed" from a 4chhan post? lol.. (I remember your thread on that).. again, it's a bunch of nothing rumors from nobodies. And that "delated to August" rumor also claimed the original date was.. June 28th.. not July.

There has never been anything solid suggesting PSX coming at any specific time.. just a bunch of rumor mongering since the PSX trademark was extended and obvious people expecting more from Sony since they did nothing at E3.

This is all kind of pointless though.. why in the world would Sony or Kojima go about any of this, the way this has played out with Hasan? A bunch of speculation in April.. that dumb "S____L" tweet causing a stir in June (and so on the nose if it is supposed to be some Kojima or SH ARG, I mean it wasn't subtle) followed by endless denials by Hasan.. and a bunch of awkward tweets about a confusing "trailer app" for nearly a month straight.. him never actually sending anything to Keighly... a random art studio getting involved that nobody has heard of (Nuare)...

Most of that happened before July 8th.. so all of that was supposed to be the lead up to a "hah, the guy doing obviously blatant trolling to suggest he's working on SH or is related to Kojima REALLY WAS KOJIMA / WORKING ON SH"...

And them using Hasan/Blue Box Studios for this? A real dev with a real track record of terrible releases.. who was awkwardly pulling his terrible Steam Early access game as of a few months ago? lol

I LOVE YOU GUYS <3

Last edited:
A while ago some one tweeted him on turkish and he answered with poor turkish that his Turkish skill is worse than google translate to apologize for it. But some people pointed out that his answer is exactly what you would get with google translate, so it does not seem he was writing it.
He's Dutch, yeah? His parents are probably Turkish, they moved to Netherlands, he speaks and writes a little Turkish, but Dutch, French, German, and English are more comfortable to him. It's not super weird - my wife's family were not English speakers, but she only speaks kind of broken native tongue, and not sure how well she can read it.

I don’t know if you saw that event or not but I saw it and it was a collection of games which Sony had apparently some contractual obligations to promote these games now. It was clearly not the Sony event which was rumored and is a given considering that Sony skipped E3. I am pretty sure at this point that the big Sony event was planned for this date and it was so agreed with the third party studios, but then something happened which caused the main event to shift to a later date but because the contracts were already in place Sony needed to bundle these games together to the state of play which we got. Hell, Sony even nearly admitted that this is not their big event when they said in the announcement to the state of play that they will not show Horizon 2, GoW 2 but they would have more to show in the late summer (I don’t know about you) but summer is not much longer than August. Additionally at the end of the state of play they even said “we will be back before you know it” which also means that it should not be far away.

I mean I respect you that you stand so firmly with team fake, but you think his game is garbage, but since Nuare made a video for him, we know that they are involved and firstly I don’t think they work for nothing and secondly if they are involved they would probably realize at this point what garbage he has and would try to distancing themselves from him. Then again there is the suspicious hand gesture in that video which looks similar to the kind of thing we did as kids when not telling the truth.

bitbydeath

And if you trace those articles back.. they end up at that reddit rumor. And "rumored to be postponed" from a 4chhan post? lol.. (I remember your thread on that).. again, it's a bunch of nothing rumors from nobodies. And that "delated to August" rumor also claimed the original date was.. June 28th.. not July.

And it was right, the conference didn’t happen. Also, didn’t you say the rumour came from Resetera before? That’s at least two points of origin.

There has never been anything solid suggesting PSX coming at any specific time.. just a bunch of rumor mongering since the PSX trademark was extended and obvious people expecting more from Sony since they did nothing at E3.

The PSX extension come later, I posted that one too.

This is all kind of pointless though.. why in the world would Sony or Kojima go about any of this, the way this has played out with Hasan? A bunch of speculation in April.. that dumb "S____L" tweet causing a stir in June (and so on the nose if it is supposed to be some Kojima or SH ARG, I mean it wasn't subtle) followed by endless denials by Hasan.. and a bunch of awkward tweets about a confusing "trailer app" for nearly a month straight.. him never actually sending anything to Keighly... a random art studio getting involved that nobody has heard of (Nuare)...

Most of that happened before July 8th.. so all of that was supposed to be the lead up to a "hah, the guy doing obviously blatant trolling to suggest he's working on SH or is related to Kojima REALLY WAS KOJIMA / WORKING ON SH"...

It’s not out of the ordinary for Kojima, he’s we’ll known for all of those stunts.

And them using Hasan/Blue Box Studios for this? A real dev with a real track record of terrible releases.. who was awkwardly pulling his terrible Steam Early access game as of a few months ago? lol

And passed his fake game over to a fake company. That’s not what I’d call a real track history.

I LOVE YOU GUYS <3
<3

SkylineRKR

A lot of second or third generation immigrants barely speak their parents language here, let alone write it. Its not uncommon if he had his full education from youth to adult here. Its not rare and strange if they're born here. I get why people would single these things out in this case, but its really nothing out of the ordinary. Doesn't have to be google translate, could be his level of turkish written language since its likely only being used in private and not anywhere else.

Also, quite a bit of names translate to Hero.

Last edited:
A lot of second or third generation immigrants barely speak their parents language here, let alone write it. Its not uncommon if he had his full education from youth to adult here. Its not rare and strange if they're born here. I get why people would single these things out in this case, but its really nothing out of the ordinary. Doesn't have to be google translate, could be his level of turkish written language since its likely only being used in private and not anywhere else.

I don’t know, if it’s second or third generation why do you still want to give your child a typical turkish name without teaching the language. I gave my children Japanese names because I didn’t want them to be treated like foreigners in school.

SkylineRKR

I don’t know, if it’s second or third generation why do you still want to give your child a typical turkish name without teaching the language. I gave my children Japanese names because I didn’t want them to be treated like foreigners in school.

Because they have a different mindset. I don't know any turkish, or pretty much from any foreign country that has gotten a dutch first name if their parents are foreigners. I don't think their families will appreciate it as well. Even if only the father is turkish, you can bet that the kid will get a turkish name.

reksveks

English but third generation immigrant. Yeah, I have an foreign name, can understand the mother tongue, can't speak it well and definitely can't write it.

Kdad

Not sure how this is surprising or important in the least. I mean, ask 10 developers which game creators have influenced them, and you might get 8/10 saying Kojima. Ask a developer making a PT knockoff which developer has inspired them, you're gonna get Kojima.
For someone who is making hostage selfie videos that look like he is going to have a breakdown about his game ....why would you choose to engage THAT question knowing full well it will stir the pot.

Top Bottom