• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SkylineRKR

That Hank A etc is all bullshitters getting in on the fun.

Guess the name: Abandoned = (First letter S, Last letter L). Reveal closing in..." This led many fans to believe Abandoned's official title is Silent Hill, but Blue Box then followed up with another apology. "We wanted to set things straight. We have no relations with Konami. Silent Hill is owned by Konami. We do not have any relations with Hideo Kojima. It was never our intention to tease the name as Silent Hill. We sincerely apologize for this."

But this? They never teased the name Silent Hill.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

This dude in reddit is sus https://www.reddit.com/user/Wonderful-Lie-4385/
ePsWizM.png

Youtube link goes back to Game Boss account

Posts stuff like these:
kmdqjdtbhr571.jpg

9aRYBTa.png

Also keeps posting the number 27 and "WE R RDY"
The 30% thing is a reference to Kojima.

And its connected to this Abandoned game.

GHG GHG found the youtube channel stuff already. Its all connected. And yeah Hank seems to be an anagram for Hasan K, etc.

Plus RDY is on a blue box in the new Death Stranding trailer.

9qhIl23.jpg

nctCVrC.jpg

AoR9Oko.jpg

Last edited:

emivita

46.7162° N, 122.9543°

573be852d5fe630c862045c635ed52da.png

This dude in reddit is sus https://www.reddit.com/user/Wonderful-Lie-4385/
ePsWizM.png

Youtube link goes back to Game Boss account

Posts stuff like these:
kmdqjdtbhr571.jpg

9aRYBTa.png

Also keeps posting the number 27 and "WE R RDY"

I've just searched the coordinates 46.7162° N, 122.9543° W on Google maps, and it's Centralia. in the 2006 movie, Silent Hill is based off of Centralia.
And didn't Kojima write something like "70% of my body is made of movies" on his Twitter? So the remaining 30% is made of games? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

H . R . 2

this style of marketing would never work for even the most anticipated titles from E3, but it's doing magic here due to the sheer mystery of Silent Hill and the paranormal nature of its lore
I'm glad it is being revealed in this manner. it's making up for its repeated absence from multiple events over the past 2 years

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

kyliethicc

I think that was too on the nose, the crossover event with be an '&' as well.

Also, check this out, about the color Blue...

Maybe... the cross over could just be Kojima, Konami, Silent Hill, and Sony?

hyperbertha

This Hank A character only started existing since june 16 on the net, which makes him a bit suspect. The only reason I think he is legit is because of the link to game boss, which had a 4 year old comment. But then again game boss himself was obtained from some other link no? So he could have easily copied that link too.

AALLx

Guy made his account 2 days ago. Y’all are all falling for this bs
The ARG stuff only started 2 days ago and only blew up yesterday. It makes sense if you consider that they've only officially started their ARG campaign during that time. Assuming that they're not trolling.

Mind you, I've never played Silent Hill before. I'm just enjoying all this carnival.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

From June 1st,
Revealed at the start of April, Blue Box Studios’ upcoming title Abandoned is a cinematic first-person survival horror shooter. There was a brief announcement teaser trailer shown at the time with promises of a full gameplay video to become available soon. Those wanting to view that video will want to consider downloading the Abandoned Realtime Trailers PS5 app that will become available later this month.

The app will allow players to view all trailers and gameplay reveals in realtime on their PlayStation 5 console. Doing this will also show off the game as it will actually appear on the console, essentially becoming a non-playable demo. This will avoid the limitations of compression on most video sharing sites, as well as shutting down all accusations of using footage recorded on other hardware such as high-end PCs. The app will be available to download on June 20, indicating the first gameplay video will be arriving soon after.

Abandoned tells the story of Jason Longfield, who was kidnapped and taken to a remote forest for a “dark purpose”. When he wakes up, he finds himself alone and seemingly abandoned with no recollection of how he got to the forest. He needs to get to a place of safety but that’s easier said than done. The open world will be full of dangers, but players will have to weigh up the benefits of staying hidden or taking out each threat. Jason is nervous and this will affect his accuracy. Firing weapons is “realistically slow” and each shot must be planned carefully.

The game will be coming exclusively to PS5 towards the end of 2021. This allows the game to use high quality motion capture footage and a realistic environmental quality. All of this will be presented at 60fps in native 4K resolution, all with minimal loading screens and 3D audio. The DualSense controller’s haptic features will provide feedback for every interaction (such as being hit by a bullet) while the adaptive triggers will make loaded and unloaded weapons feel different.

Dr Kaneda

Even though I'm fully in on this being real, I'm not sure about this Hank Arman guy. Would someone officially part of marketing campaign for Playstation game be making tweets with insults to Sony in them?

FunkMiller

From June 1st,

It’s definitely not some small indie devs is it? This kind of service is something you’d only get if you were a big boy at Sony.

Red-Town

sNZNeL3.jpg

His name is an anagram for the Hasan Kahraman name.

This keeps sticking out to me for some reason. What if saving the spirits from silent hell are multiple IPs? Saving multiple IPs?

The 27th letter in old English was the & (ampersand) or pronounced 'et'.

Hmmm, :pie_thinking:
Crossover in event history = Death Stranding + Silent Hill = Norman Reedus lending his likeness for SH

The ARG stuff only started 2 days ago and only blew up yesterday. It makes sense if you consider that they've only officially started their ARG campaign during that time. Assuming that they're not trolling.

Mind you, I've never played Silent Hill before. I'm just enjoying all this carnival.
This blue Box account has been active for over 6 years. That’s why a lot of this doesn’t make any sense

AALLx

One thing I can say is, if whoever's doing all these ARGs' a troll, they are very, very dedicated to it. I've been trying to follow all the breadcrumbs and they are putting so much effort into this.

hyperbertha

The only way we can confirm Hank A is real is if we can get the timeframe his account was created see if it was before the time frame it blew up. The actual time.

AALLx

That channel was a fake though... right?
Not necessarily. Assuming, and mind you I have to stress that we're assuming, assuming that the Hank Arman twitter user is legit, he shared the first video on his feed previously:

BlueBox could claim that the video is not theirs and at the same time be not lying, if the ARG is being executed in multiple fronts and is therefore being uploaded by a different group.

Dr Kaneda

Seen people keep brining up the fact the Blue Box games have been around for a while and released/attempted to release failed stuff prior to this and so that proves they're not Kojima related. But after people easily found out twice that Moby Dick games and 7780 Studios were fact wouldn't it make the most sense that the next time Kojima tried something like this he'd actually get a real company involved? It would be hard at at for him/Sony to do this in the slightest and I'm sure these devs would be delighted to be involved considering they were no-ones going no-where before.

Top Bottom