• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Btw a bit off topic, but have there been any major news around the world in the past 48/72h? I'm feeling like stepping outside this thread will be like staring at the abyss...

8217a7b56de05ce8fc032297d066ebc1.jpg
conan obrien GIF by Team Coco

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
But bluepoint's references from their teaser, and their previous game all point towards silent hill.
I didn't necessarily get that impression.
I don't know about that. I think there was a "sound" in Demon's Souls that was from Metal Gear, right? I read that somewhere.
They literally used syphon and filter in their tweet. If it was related here... Syphon Filter MetaL

3liteDragon

Is the bloober team silent hill game real? or it was fake news?
Well VGC said a while back that Konami apparently outsourced 2 Silent Hill projects to different developers, one was Bloober Team I think and the other Silent Hill project which was supposed to be a "soft-reboot" of the franchise was outsourced to a "prominent Japanese developer with a reveal set for THIS summer."

platina

Not necessarily. Assuming, and mind you I have to stress that we're assuming, assuming that the Hank Arman twitter user is legit, he shared the first video on his feed previously:

BlueBox could claim that the video is not theirs and at the same time be not lying, if the ARG is being executed in multiple fronts and is therefore being uploaded by a different group.

This was the same channel that released the early 2019 ps5 ray tracing tech demo in higher quality and edited font. Interesting for sure

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Well VGC said a while back that Konami apparently outsourced 2 Silent Hill projects to different developers, one was Bloober Team I think and the other Silent Hill project which was supposed to be a "soft-reboot" of the franchise was outsourced to a "prominent Japanese developer with a reveal set for THIS summer."

And both The Medium and Death Stranding had SH like vibes and inspiration.

I think we're all hoping the prominent Japanese developer is KojiPro.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Seen people keep brining up the fact the Blue Box games have been around for a while and released/attempted to release failed stuff prior to this and so that proves they're not Kojima related. But after people easily found out twice that Moby Dick games and 7780 Studios were fact wouldn't it make the most sense that the next time Kojima tried something like this he'd actually get a real company involved? It would be hard at at for him/Sony to do this in the slightest and I'm sure these devs would be delighted to be involved considering they were no-ones going no-where before.
I'm sure Blue Box is actually someone from Guerilla Games. They just did this in their spare time since Kojima was in talk with them back in 2015.

H . R . 2

Something tells me that Bloober is working on a 3rd person SH while Kojima is working on a 1st person VR SH. it wouldn't make sense for Konami to have two similarly structured games on the market. Also Bloober know that they can't match Kojima's quality of game design so why compete on the same level?

Last edited:

Rolla

Banned
No clue.

What's funny is that this Thread right here on GAF is the go-to place for this madness.
On "the other side" they have insiders, the known weasel and Geoff himself, yet they missed out on a lot of stuff and have old things just surfacing.

The whole batshit crazy Twitter "morse code leaker" was not even featured at all.

If this turn out to be true PM me so we can give eachother an E-Hug, sit back, and reflect on the madness.

Dr Kaneda

Something tells me that Bloober is working on a 3rd person SH while Kojima is working on a 1st person VR SH. it wouldn't make sense for Konami to have two similarly structured games on the market. Also Bloober know that they can't match Kojima's quality of game design so why compete on the same level?
I was thinking this would be a VR game since that's exactly what Kojima would want to develop. If that's the case then the Q4 2021 release date has to be a lie as well since no way Sony would release this before they release PSVR2 which is going to be next holiday season. So it's have to be a launch game for that at the earliest.

H . R . 2

I was thinking this would be a VR game since that's exactly what Kojima would want to develop. If that's the case then the Q4 2021 release date has to be a lie as well since no way Sony would release this before they release PSVR2 which is going to be next holiday season. So it's have to be a launch game for that at the earliest.
my thoughts exactly, a SHVR would make PSVR2 a no-brainer by itself. it would be its killer app the way HL:A was for Valve's VR

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

I'm wary of any info from accounts made recently. Anyone that made an account after the frenzy started is a troll. The stuff that seems more reliable is the stuff that dates back years. Kahraman's name translating in Google is wild, because that name has been attached to things for a while. Keighley is reliable, because he's worked with Kojima on this kind of stuff in the past. I want those screenshots.

Feels like we're running into dead ends or wrong paths with some of the weird cipher stuff. They lead somewhere, but it seems like it's attached to a different game's marketing stunt from the past. Not sure if there's anything else directly connected to Kahraman or BBGS, but that stuff has been most interesting to me.

dotnotbot

I'm wary of any info from accounts made recently. Anyone that made an account after the frenzy started is a troll. The stuff that seems more reliable is the stuff that dates back years. Kahraman's name translating in Google is wild, because that name has been attached to things for a while. Keighley is reliable, because he's worked with Kojima on this kind of stuff in the past. I want those screenshots.

Feels like we're running into dead ends or wrong paths with some of the weird cipher stuff. They lead somewhere, but it seems like it's attached to a different game's marketing stunt from the past. Not sure if there's anything else directly connected to Kahraman or BBGS, but that stuff has been most interesting to me.

Even if it's an old account you can change your name easily on TwItter (I think, I'm too lazy to check).

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
One thing I’d add anecdotally:

I was there for the premier of PT on the PlayStation store, and played it that evening alongside everybody else trying to finish it.

That shit was easily as obtuse and weird as some of the stuff being uncovered now. It all feels the same.

Either this is all a huge coincidence, Blue Box Games are master trolls… or somebody who knows how to get people’s minds racing is at it again.

If this is Kojima Silent Hill, then welcome to what will become the most talked about video games announcement in history.

I was there too. DAY ONE! It feel 100% the same.

Faithless83

Banned
No clue.

What's funny is that this Thread right here on GAF is the go-to place for this madness.
On "the other side" they have insiders, the known weasel and Geoff himself, yet they missed out on a lot of stuff and have old things just surfacing.

The whole batshit crazy Twitter "morse code leaker" was not even featured at all.
We are the better community all along.
Our insiders are few but genuine, same as the devs/journalists that still lurk around.

I wouldn't trade even IntentionalPun IntentionalPun for Geoff. :messenger_sunglasses:

MastaKiiLA

Even if it's an old account you can change your name easily on TwItter (I think, I'm too lazy to check).
Agreed, but you can check their tweet history to see if they only recently started posting about Kojima. Like that account from 2011. It's all MotoGP up until the frenzy started.

Vick

Why does this tweet start out with 27? Also Leiden again.

Why you say? Because it's just #204863204863 coincidence.

"The number 27 has been recurring during this whole search, so I'm adding a list of all the currently known references to the number 27:

• The Youtube channel linked to Hasan's PSN account was called TwentySeven27, however, the name has now been changed to "Hashtag Unknown"
  • Hasan has 27 connections on LinkedIn. However, I found a second LinkedIn profile of him, but since I don't have an account, I can't check it. If someone has an account, please check it out as well.
  • Silent Hills was cancelled on the 27th of April
  • On the discussion page of Hasan's Youtube channel, there is one comment by Game Boss, saying "RDY". The Game Boss account was created on October 27th 2018 and has this as channel description "The tapes in this Channel are Haunted. Abandon now and lose this Visage".
  • When the Game Boss channel was discovered, it had 27 subscribers. Now it has 28. On the channel are 3 seemingly random short videos (10-20 seconds). I think they are unrelated to the search, but you can check them out if you are interested.
  • The 27th trophy on Hasan's PSN account is called "You Knew, Didn't You?"
These are all references I have found as of now. It's possible I missed any, if so, let me know in the comments and I'll add them!"

From Era:
Ok. So i checked the second LinkedIn profile and there’s 2 connection with 7 followers. 2-7. Again. What?

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I was there too. DAY ONE! It feel 100% the same.

It still remains probably my most memorable gaming experience. As a massive fan of the Silent Hill games, it was quite an incredible thing to be part of. I remember being on here and on Reddit with everyone trying to solve the damn thing… while being scared absolutely shitless at the same time 😂 and when the reveal happened… omg, goose bumps. I really want this to be about the same thing, but I’m not getting too carried away!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Why you say? Because it's just #204863204863 coincidence.

"The number 27 has been recurring during this whole search, so I'm adding a list of all the currently known references to the number 27:

• The Youtube channel linked to Hasan's PSN account was called TwentySeven27, however, the name has now been changed to "Hashtag Unknown"
  • Hasan has 27 connections on LinkedIn. However, I found a second LinkedIn profile of him, but since I don't have an account, I can't check it. If someone has an account, please check it out as well.
  • Silent Hills was cancelled on the 27th of April
  • On the discussion page of Hasan's Youtube channel, there is one comment by Game Boss, saying "RDY". The Game Boss account was created on October 27th 2018 and has this as channel description "The tapes in this Channel are Haunted. Abandon now and lose this Visage".
  • When the Game Boss channel was discovered, it had 27 subscribers. Now it has 28. On the channel are 3 seemingly random short videos (10-20 seconds). I think they are unrelated to the search, but you can check them out if you are interested.
  • The 27th trophy on Hasan's PSN account is called "You Knew, Didn't You?"
These are all references I have found as of now. It's possible I missed any, if so, let me know in the comments and I'll add them!"

From Era:

The number 27 has been directly mentioned only six times in the Bible. However, there are many events closely connected to this number, albeit indirectly.

For instance, the Father of Faith, Abraham’s name appears in 27 books of God’s word. The New Testament comprises 27 books and there are 27 verses in the 27th chapter of the Book of Proverbs.

Also, let’s not forget that the Book of Leviticus contains 27 chapters.

It could also interest you to know that the phrases “mercy seat” and “the candlestick” appear 27 times in the Old Testament.
If you keep seeing the angel number 27 in your life, count yourself lucky. Number 27 is a good sign bringing you good news.
Pop open a bottle of champagne for the 27 number comes bearing gifts.
Seeing angel number 27 is a sign that good news are coming for you.
In Science, 27 is the atomic number of Cobalt. Dark matter makes 27% of the Universe. The Spanish and Hebrew alphabets have 27 letters each. There are 27 cubes in a Rubik’s cube. The planet Uranus has 27 moons.

Fushitsusha

Banned
It still remains probably my most memorable gaming experience. As a massive fan of the Silent Hill games, it was quite an incredible thing to be part of. I remember being on here and on Reddit with everyone trying to solve the damn thing… while being scared absolutely shitless at the same time 😂 and when the reveal happened… omg, goose bumps. I really want this to be about the same thing, but I’m not getting too carried away!
And then some small streamer with a few viewers finally got that damn door open and news traveled fast.

Last edited:
Top Bottom