• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

|OT| S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated bluebox/kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

  • Real

    Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

    Votes: 410 55.4%

  • Total voters
    740
  • Poll closed .

SkylineRKR

Member
Jun 22, 2011
11,690
2,990
970
Holland
That Hank A etc is all bullshitters getting in on the fun.

Guess the name: Abandoned = (First letter S, Last letter L). Reveal closing in..." This led many fans to believe Abandoned's official title is Silent Hill, but Blue Box then followed up with another apology. "We wanted to set things straight. We have no relations with Konami. Silent Hill is owned by Konami. We do not have any relations with Hideo Kojima. It was never our intention to tease the name as Silent Hill. We sincerely apologize for this."

But this? They never teased the name Silent Hill.
 
Last edited:

kyliethicc

Member
Mar 14, 2020
6,427
30,597
625
This dude in reddit is sus https://www.reddit.com/user/Wonderful-Lie-4385/

Youtube link goes back to Game Boss account

Posts stuff like these:



Also keeps posting the number 27 and "WE R RDY"
The 30% thing is a reference to Kojima.

And its connected to this Abandoned game.

GHG GHG found the youtube channel stuff already. Its all connected. And yeah Hank seems to be an anagram for Hasan K, etc.

Plus RDY is on a blue box in the new Death Stranding trailer.



 
Last edited:

emivita

Member
May 30, 2021
195
613
300
46.7162° N, 122.9543°



This dude in reddit is sus https://www.reddit.com/user/Wonderful-Lie-4385/

Youtube link goes back to Game Boss account

Posts stuff like these:



Also keeps posting the number 27 and "WE R RDY"

I've just searched the coordinates 46.7162° N, 122.9543° W on Google maps, and it's Centralia. in the 2006 movie, Silent Hill is based off of Centralia.
And didn't Kojima write something like "70% of my body is made of movies" on his Twitter? So the remaining 30% is made of games? :messenger_tears_of_joy:
 
Last edited:

HR2

Member
May 28, 2020
245
325
280
this style of marketing would never work for even the most anticipated titles from E3, but it's doing magic here due to the sheer mystery of Silent Hill and the paranormal nature of its lore
I'm glad it is being revealed in this manner. it's making up for its repeated absence from multiple events over the past 2 years
 
Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Jul 13, 2020
1,732
4,193
630
This dude in reddit is sus https://www.reddit.com/user/Wonderful-Lie-4385/

Youtube link goes back to Game Boss account

Posts stuff like these:



Also keeps posting the number 27 and "WE R RDY"

Didn't Kojima's profile in Peace Walker when you recruited him to Mother Base say something like "30% of my body is games, the other 70% is movies and music," ?
 

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
50,761
110,637
1,510

kyliethicc

Member
Mar 14, 2020
6,427
30,597
625
I think that was too on the nose, the crossover event with be an '&' as well.

Also, check this out, about the color Blue...

Maybe... the cross over could just be Kojima, Konami, Silent Hill, and Sony?
 

hyperbertha

Member
Nov 24, 2018
2,235
7,287
655
This Hank A character only started existing since june 16 on the net, which makes him a bit suspect. The only reason I think he is legit is because of the link to game boss, which had a 4 year old comment. But then again game boss himself was obtained from some other link no? So he could have easily copied that link too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DryvBy

AALLx

Member
May 20, 2016
559
81
365
Guy made his account 2 days ago. Y’all are all falling for this bs
The ARG stuff only started 2 days ago and only blew up yesterday. It makes sense if you consider that they've only officially started their ARG campaign during that time. Assuming that they're not trolling.

Mind you, I've never played Silent Hill before. I'm just enjoying all this carnival.
 
Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
50,761
110,637
1,510
From June 1st,
Revealed at the start of April, Blue Box Studios’ upcoming title Abandoned is a cinematic first-person survival horror shooter. There was a brief announcement teaser trailer shown at the time with promises of a full gameplay video to become available soon. Those wanting to view that video will want to consider downloading the Abandoned Realtime Trailers PS5 app that will become available later this month.

The app will allow players to view all trailers and gameplay reveals in realtime on their PlayStation 5 console. Doing this will also show off the game as it will actually appear on the console, essentially becoming a non-playable demo. This will avoid the limitations of compression on most video sharing sites, as well as shutting down all accusations of using footage recorded on other hardware such as high-end PCs. The app will be available to download on June 20, indicating the first gameplay video will be arriving soon after.


Abandoned tells the story of Jason Longfield, who was kidnapped and taken to a remote forest for a “dark purpose”. When he wakes up, he finds himself alone and seemingly abandoned with no recollection of how he got to the forest. He needs to get to a place of safety but that’s easier said than done. The open world will be full of dangers, but players will have to weigh up the benefits of staying hidden or taking out each threat. Jason is nervous and this will affect his accuracy. Firing weapons is “realistically slow” and each shot must be planned carefully.

The game will be coming exclusively to PS5 towards the end of 2021. This allows the game to use high quality motion capture footage and a realistic environmental quality. All of this will be presented at 60fps in native 4K resolution, all with minimal loading screens and 3D audio. The DualSense controller’s haptic features will provide feedback for every interaction (such as being hit by a bullet) while the adaptive triggers will make loaded and unloaded weapons feel different.
 

Dr Kaneda

Member
Jun 15, 2019
272
386
315
Even though I'm fully in on this being real, I'm not sure about this Hank Arman guy. Would someone officially part of marketing campaign for Playstation game be making tweets with insults to Sony in them?

 

FunkMiller

Member
Aug 14, 2014
8,822
27,441
990

Red-Town

Member
Mar 13, 2017
244
1,513
465


His name is an anagram for the Hasan Kahraman name.

This keeps sticking out to me for some reason. What if saving the spirits from silent hell are multiple IPs? Saving multiple IPs?

The 27th letter in old English was the & (ampersand) or pronounced 'et'.

Hmmm, :pie_thinking:
Crossover in event history = Death Stranding + Silent Hill = Norman Reedus lending his likeness for SH
 

Stephen Curry

Member
Nov 5, 2019
295
951
355
The ARG stuff only started 2 days ago and only blew up yesterday. It makes sense if you consider that they've only officially started their ARG campaign during that time. Assuming that they're not trolling.

Mind you, I've never played Silent Hill before. I'm just enjoying all this carnival.
This blue Box account has been active for over 6 years. That’s why a lot of this doesn’t make any sense
 

AALLx

Member
May 20, 2016
559
81
365
One thing I can say is, if whoever's doing all these ARGs' a troll, they are very, very dedicated to it. I've been trying to follow all the breadcrumbs and they are putting so much effort into this.
 

FunkMiller

Member
Aug 14, 2014
8,822
27,441
990
Crossover in event history = Death Stranding + Silent Hill = Norman Reedus lending his likeness for SH

Although I think he’s a troll: you crossover from one world into another world in Silent Hill. That would be a crossover event.
 

hyperbertha

Member
Nov 24, 2018
2,235
7,287
655
The only way we can confirm Hank A is real is if we can get the timeframe his account was created see if it was before the time frame it blew up. The actual time.
 

AALLx

Member
May 20, 2016
559
81
365
That channel was a fake though... right?
Not necessarily. Assuming, and mind you I have to stress that we're assuming, assuming that the Hank Arman twitter user is legit, he shared the first video on his feed previously:

BlueBox could claim that the video is not theirs and at the same time be not lying, if the ARG is being executed in multiple fronts and is therefore being uploaded by a different group.
 

Dr Kaneda

Member
Jun 15, 2019
272
386
315
Seen people keep brining up the fact the Blue Box games have been around for a while and released/attempted to release failed stuff prior to this and so that proves they're not Kojima related. But after people easily found out twice that Moby Dick games and 7780 Studios were fact wouldn't it make the most sense that the next time Kojima tried something like this he'd actually get a real company involved? It would be hard at at for him/Sony to do this in the slightest and I'm sure these devs would be delighted to be involved considering they were no-ones going no-where before.
 
  • Like
Reactions: GhostOfTsu