• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.t.a.l.k.e.r 2 is confirmed to be running on UE5

kingfey

Banned

Here is the trailer for the game

Devs highlight of the game

Stalker will hit the following platforms. Xsx/Xss, steam, and windows pc platforms.

Steam: Planned Release Date: 28 April 2022.

The game would be a console gamepass exclusive, which means, it won't hit gamepass pc.

As for the ps5 version, Stalker 2's official site states the PC version will release at the same time as that of the Xbox. Ultimately, this means that Stalker 2 won't be available on PS5 at launch.

Its up to the developers, when to release the game for the ps5 platform. As of now, we know from epics court, that the game is 3 month timed exclusive for xbox.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Didnt they say they are targeting 60fps?
SO im guessing they arent using Lumen or are going to use TSR quite aggressively.

E8hMs8ZXsAAAVVe

Last edited:

GymWolf

It's on steam, already pre-ordered the ultimate edition. :p
I want to see how realistic and hard it is before buying it.

I usually like more slow, methodical fps but not if they are hyper realistic like arma series or escape from tarkow.

If it is like metro then i'm okay.

Last edited:

elliot5

Will look forward to trying this out. Never played STALKER or the Metro games (not the same, I know, but similar vibes). Will be a good starting point I think

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.thegamer.com/stalker-2-running-on-unreal-engine-5/

After a bit of speculation, GSC Game World today confirmed Stalker 2 is running on Unreal Engine 5. The upcoming title was already known to be running on the Unreal Engine, however, there was no indication whether that meant Unreal Engine 4 or Unreal Engine 5.

The announcement dropped as an unceremonious reply to an Unreal Engine post on Twitter. The official Stalker account made the brief announcement, then released a new image of the game in development.

E8hMs8ZXsAAAVVe

kretos

Banned
Honestly I don’t understand the point of this. Is someone really going to choose an Xbox because they can’t wait for stalker for 3 months lol.

At least with tomb raider it had the brand pull and was for a whole year.

if it's anything like the original game then it's best played on PC anyway, unless they streamlined it for console release

Last edited:

Black_Stride

EDMIX

Here is the trailer for the game

Devs highlight of the game

Stalker will hit the following platforms. Xsx/Xss, steam, and windows pc platforms.

Steam: Planned Release Date: 28 April 2022.Jun 17, 2021

The game would be a console gamepass exclusive, which means, it won't hit gamepass pc.

As for the ps5 version, Stalker 2's official site states the PC version will release at the same time as that of the Xbox. Ultimately, this means that Stalker 2 won't be available on PS5 at launch.Jun 13, 2021

Its up to the developers, when to release the game for the ps5 platform. As of now, we know from epics court, that the game is 3 month timed exclusive for xbox.

Thats wild! I thought for sure those Unreal 5 titles would come much later based on them not finishing the engine, I'm not sure legally how any of that shit works lol

ohhhhh I see, you put Jun 2021, I think you mean Jun 2022? That would make more sense and along the lines of UE5 release etc nvm

Hype regardless.

I wonder how much money MS was willing to give and if the team was reluctant to do a timed exclusive to do something crazy like 3 months lol Thats still a solid deal as the majority of sales likely might come in 3 months for real.

Fallout 4 moved like 12 million in 1 day (2015 was a wild fucking year folks) so something like 3 months is still really solid.
Consoles are different these days, compared to the first Stalker game.

Agreed. Those days you had lots of PC exclusive stuff when it was made from the ground up to really max out that hardware, because of how diffrent the market is, I don't even think they can afford to make some AAA Stalker title without consoles included. So those days are over.

Honestly I don’t understand the point of this. Is someone really going to choose an Xbox because they can’t wait for stalker for 3 months lol.

At least with tomb raider it had the brand pull and was for a whole year.

Well someone might do this based on not knowing its timed...
if it's anything like the original game then it's best played on PC anyway, unless they streamlined it for console release

I think its concept will be like the original, but I don't believe all the design, functions etc will be like that as those days are long over and it would be silly to assume it would lean towards PC, knowing their sales will majority be console. Though I love the originals, I don't even think I'll have a new build by the time this comes out next year (maybe) so I'll likely get it on PS5 and feel the team will do a good job on both XB and PS versions. They know how the market is today.

kingfey

Banned
ohhhhh I see, you put Jun 2021, I think you mean Jun 2022? That would make more sense and along the lines of UE5 release etc
That is the date it was written. Release date is before that.

I do that, to support my claim. Its better fact checking. Though, it depends on the person who is writing the article.

Thats wild! I thought for sure those Unreal 5 titles would come much later based on them not finishing the engine, I'm not sure legally how any of that shit works lol

ohhhhh I see, you put Jun 2021, I think you mean Jun 2022? That would make more sense and along the lines of UE5 release etc nvm

Hype regardless.

Projects can target UE5 without featuring Lumen or Nanite. "X game targets UE5" isn't saying much.

Yoboman

UE5 seems like its so far ahead of the pack with graphical capability

I wonder how long it will take other devs to catch up

Black_Stride

UE5 seems like its so far ahead of the pack with graphical capability

I wonder how long it will take other devs to catch up

Are you assuming other engines COULDNT make this level of graphical beauty?

TLOU2with literally just a res bump would be way up there.
I think R&C with everything going on is a true marvel.
Forza Horizon 5 looks stunning.
Flight Simulator 2020 absolutely breath taking.
The human rendering in Death Stranding is godly.

And all these games are running on different engines....which engine needs to catch up exactly?

The Nanite pipeline makes things alot easier, but pretty much every AAA hell even AA dev could make things that would melt a 3090.
You just have to ask is it worth it melting a 3090.
Look at pretty much any art team devs Artstation account, youll see these guys basically hold back when they have to actually ship a game.
Nanites pipeline makes certain parts of the job alot easier, and I think Lumens GI/Reflections are very impressive but these other engines arent exactly stone age compared to UE5.

Yoboman

Are you assuming other engines COULDNT make this level of graphical beauty?

TLOU2with literally just a res bump would be way up there.
I think R&C with everything going on is a true marvel.
Forza Horizon 5 looks stunning.
Flight Simulator 2020 absolutely breath taking.
The human rendering in Death Stranding is godly.

And all these games are running on different engines....which engine needs to catch up exactly?

The Nanite pipeline makes things alot easier, but pretty much every AAA hell even AA dev could make things that would melt a 3090.
You just have to ask is it worth it melting a 3090.
Look at pretty much any art team devs Artstation account, youll see these guys basically hold back when they have to actually ship a game.
Nanites pipeline makes certain parts of the job alot easier, and I think Lumens GI/Reflections are very impressive but these other engines arent exactly stone age compared to UE5.
Yeah this is a step above all of that in most areas and the UE5 tech demos the same

Only area TLOU2 beats this is character rendering and animation. Density of detail in the environments with native is a huge plus for UE5 that other engines will have trouble catching up to

Flight Sim looks good but only from afar, R&C is the best looking game out right now but the environments are a lot more sparse, Forza Horizon is very clearly cross gen in comparison to an UE5 next gen game

I just find it interesting UE5 seems to have taken a big leap over the competition. Closest I can think is Horizon FW. But I expect the next Naughty Dog game to be up there with it. Unless Factions is cross gen. I have hopes for GOW as well seeing as it seems like they will downgrade to PS4

Lucky8BB

Banned
I'm not surprised, because graphics in stalker 2 gameplay trailer was clearly on another level (especially character models).

Black_Stride

Looks like a great Gamepass game. I had a friend quit the first Stalker because he could not find a gun.

Any gun or a specific gun?
Cuz you basically start the game with a gun.

Thats like saying someone quit Doom'16 cuz they couldnt find a gun.
The Pistol is right there and it has unlimited ammo.

Black_Stride

Projects can target UE5 without featuring Lumen or Nanite. "X game targets UE5" isn't saying much.

With the amount of Photogrammetry and scanning tech they are using im pretty sure they will be using Nanite.
Lumen....well I dont know how performant theyve gotten it at this stage, if they targeting 60fps and a reasonable resolution even with TSR id think they would be using Lumen on low or some other form of lighting engine, they are pretty talented team they could have their own GI solution knowing they were going to need a day/night cycle.

Black_Stride

Yeah this is a step above all of that in most areas and the UE5 tech demos the same

Only area TLOU2 beats this is character rendering and animation. Density of detail in the environments with native is a huge plus for UE5 that other engines will have trouble catching up to

Flight Sim looks good but only from afar, R&C is the best looking game out right now but the environments are a lot more sparse, Forza Horizon is very clearly cross gen in comparison to an UE5 next gen game

I just find it interesting UE5 seems to have taken a big leap over the competition. Closest I can think is Horizon FW. But I expect the next Naughty Dog game to be up there with it. Unless Factions is cross gen. I have hopes for GOW as well seeing as it seems like they will downgrade to PS4

Are you talking about Engines or games?
Also Nanite can only be used on static meshes.
As I said devs literally hold back, the high polys they make could crash a DCC let alone the GPUs in the current gen consoles.

Nanite is amazing technology and probably more engines will have similar technologies, but other engines and developers arent being left in the dust.
Clever culling could produce anything you see in Unreal Engine 5 the Nanite workflow is what Epic are most proud of with that tech.
If we look at dynamic objects I dont really see anything in Unreal other engines couldnt do.
The Nanite triangle budget is what makes this engine so amazing right now.

Give GSC pretty much any of the AAA engines and they would produce a very similar if not exactly the same looking game.

Note that engines very rarely actually dictate how graphically amazing a game looks.
People just think that because they dont understand the concept of a game engine.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Any gun or a specific gun?
Cuz you basically start the game with a gun.

Thats like saying someone quit Doom'16 cuz they couldnt find a gun.
The Pistol is right there and it has unlimited ammo.
It was the start of the game. It was a source of great amusement for me at the time.

Top Bottom