• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 delayed until December 8th (Up: Confirmed)

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Never played the first, but was looking forward to this. December 8th. Welp I'm tuning out on this game til it's close again. See you guys.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Agreed. Vampire Masquerade 2 was even worse. Pre-orders were up for ages and the game kept slipping and slipping until it got borderline shitcanned. We're supposed to get a new release date for that in the near future. This industry, man...
They know when they announce dates or windows that they wont make them. Its all a fucking trick to get pre orders

Patterns are made to be broken! But it happens pretty often - Microsoft doesn't have anything in the first half of the year, Sony doesn't have anything in the second half of the year. Now for 2022 it looks like Microsoft won't have anything in the first half and last year Sony didn't have anything in the second half.
Microsoft has a track record of not having anything in the first half of the year. A long track record. Sony on the other hand has a long track record of releasing games all year long. Last year was an exception due to Horizon and GT7 getting pushed due to COVID.

Papacheeks

Banned
Like I said, don't take it so seriously!

But I'm curious, what did Sony have in the second half of 2021? I'm drawing a blank. Returnal and R&C both came out in the first half

Kena? Not first party but it was a exclusive just like Stalker is.

Microsoft has a track record of not having anything in the first half of the year. A long track record. Sony on the other hand has a long track record of releasing games all year long. Last year was an exception due to Horizon and GT7 getting pushed due to COVID.

I mean could you imagine the year 2021 could have been? Those games getting pushed was a blessing in disguise for Microsoft. It elevated Forza and Halo to have October/November/December all to themselves. 2022 is stacked. There's more coming in 2022 that has not been announced yet.

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
If that is true that is a major blow to Xbox for this year.

I hope Starfield does not get delayed also

Next is Starfield.
Didn't you guys hear? They are in the polish phase of development... for the next 10 months...

This Is Fine GIF by 100% Soft

Umbasaborne

Banned
I think them announcing horizon as a holiday 2021 games a a ploy, bet they knew damn well in 2020 that it would be a 2022 game

Papacheeks

Banned
I think them announcing horizon as a holiday 2021 games a a ploy, bet they knew damn well in 2020 that it would be a 2022 game

No way. It wasn't until March where companies started making plans on working remotely. That will automatically push a lot of things a couple months alone. Horizon could have launched but they didn't want to push the developers any harder, and didnt want to rush it to get it to a fall release. Those extra months helps them lock in performance and last minute bug fixes/tweaks.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Next is Starfield.
When you declare that your game comes out on 11.11.22, over a year in advance, then it's going to take something major to delay it. Skyrim came out on 11.11.11. They're more likely to kill single digit numbers of their employees from exhaustion before they actually delay Starfield. Too many 1s.

I think starfield will hold its date, even if it has to come out broken.

Redfall i think will be pushed to 2023. No gameplay of it and what leaked in november was so incredibly rough i don’t see how it turns into a full game by summer, especially with Arkanes history of delaying games

People think Ragnarok won’t make 2022 and that had a full gameplay trailer in September. Even after Deathloop had a full blown gameplay trailer in 2020 and was supposed to be a launch title it ended up as a fall 2021 title, almost a full year delay

Last edited:

mejin

When you declare that your game comes out on 11.11.22, over a year in advance, then it's going to take something major to delay it. Skyrim came out on 11.11.11. They're more likely to kill single digit numbers of their employees from exhaustion before they actually delay Starfield. Too many 1s.

I'm thinking Bethesda is now a MS first party and the manufacturer learned its lesson with Halo Infinite. If it's not ready, they should delay.

But what you say is true.

Lognor

Banned
No, Sony does not release games all year round. Like I said, they typically do not have anything in the second half. Last year they didn't. 2020 they did because it was a launch year. 2019 they didn't. Etc. Last year was not an exception. LOL!

Microsoft has forge mode and co-op coming to Halo first half this year! MS delivering all.year.round.

No, Sony does not release games all year round. Like I said, they typically do not have anything in the second half. Last year they didn't. 2020 they did because it was a launch year. 2019 they didn't. Etc. Last year was not an exception. LOL!

Microsoft has forge mode and co-op coming to Halo first half this year! MS delivering all.year.round.

Sony put out Death Stranding in November of 2019, and Spider-man in September 2018

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Sony put out Death Stranding in November of 2019, and Spider-man in September 2018
They published it. They didn't develop it. Sony does not release games they developed in the second half of the year.

You had to go back over 3 years to find another example! Spider-Man in 2018! LOL! It sounds like that is the exception, rather than the rule, no?

They published it. They didn't develop it. Sony does not release games they developed in the second half of the year.

You had to go back over 3 years to find another example! Spider-Man in 2018! LOL! It sounds like that is the exception, rather than the rule, no?

They developed and published both spider-man and death stranding. Death Stranding was co-developed with XDev on the Decima Engine. It’s 100% a first party game.

And in 2017 they released Knack 2 in September and Gran Turismo Sport in October.

The only year where you can even say sony didn’t release in the 2nd half of the year was last year and thats only because of delays. Horizon and GT7 were 100% planned for 2021

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
And I just had to fact check you. Can you explain the following MS games released in the first half of the year:

-Minecraft Dungeons
-Gears Tactics
-Bleeding Edge
-Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Seems like they have a lot of games releasing in the first half of the year, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Stuart360

A bit gutting to be honest, but not that surprisng with being this close to launch and not really seeing that much of the game.

EDIT. Why is Microsoft getting grief over this?, they are not developing the game.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
A bit gutting to be honest, but not that surprisng with being this close to launch and not really seeing that much of the game.

EDIT. Why is Microsoft getting grief over this?, they are not developing the game.

It’s a partnered title like kena, like desthloop that they are promoting. What else do they have until fall of this year.

Stuart360

Xbox now as nothing until the second half of the year wow what a let down.
Yep, Series consoles have been in full-on drought mode for the majority of the generation already. Not a good look.
It’s a partnered title like kena, like desthloop that they are promoting. What else do they have until fall of this year.
The concern is heartwarming, it realy is, but man WHAT a 'fall' it is though.

Seriously if XB1 can live through some barren months, X/S certainly can.

Kacho

The concern is heartwarming, it realy is, but man WHAT a 'fall' it is though.

Seriously if XB1 can live through some barren months, X/S certainly can.
You really can't help yourself can you? You realize no one is saying Xbox is doomed right? Microsoft doesn't need you to defend how objectively pitiful their software lineup has been. This delay is out of their hands, but their software lineup isn't. That's on them.

Stuart360

You really can't help yourself can you? You realize no one is saying Xbox is doomed right? Microsoft doesn't need you to defend how objectively pitiful their software lineup has been. This delay is out of their hands, but their software lineup isn't. That's on them.
I take it that is supposed to be satire right?

Stuart360

What does 400 older games have to do with the 2022 lineup being barren till the end of the year? Wtf d00d?
I was asked what Xbox gamers have to look forward to, and i responded that they have plenty to play. Do you think people sign up for Gamepass but dont actually play anything on it, they just wait for new games to come to the service?.
Plus what about the multiplatform games i said?, are people not allowed to look forward to them?.

Just the usual users with the concern trolling as usual. Which shouldnt even be in this thread really.

S0ULZB0URNE

I was asked what Xbox gamers have to look forward to, and i responded that they have plenty to play. Do you think people sign up for Gamepass but dont actually play anything on it, they just wait for new games to come to the service?.
Plus what about the multiplatform games i said?, are people not allowed to look forward to them?.

Just the usual users with the concern trolling as usual. Which shouldnt even be in this thread really.
What does look forward to mean?

The issue we who game on Xbox(you don't)have is we are displeased that we have nothing coming out/to look forward to until the end of 2022.

But you are in here(don't know why when you don't game on Xbox) doing damage control.

The delay sucks and hurts the lineup PERIOD!

I'm not going to argue with you because going back and looking at release dates proves you wrong. I already listed all the second half releases Sony has done and you ignored it and acted like they were all launch games. Spider-Man, Death Stranding, GT Sport, The Last Guardian, Concrete Genie, Medievil, Until Dawn, and many more all launched between August and December. Get your facts right.

Stuart360

What does look forward to mean?

The issue we who game on Xbox(you don't)have is we are displeased that we have nothing coming out/to look forward to until the end of 2022.

But you are in here(don't know why when you don't game on Xbox) doing damage control.

The delay sucks and hurts the lineup PERIOD!
Stalker is coming to PC you know.

Lognor

Banned
I'm not going to argue with you because going back and looking at release dates proves you wrong. I already listed all the second half releases Sony has done and you ignored it and acted like they were all launch games. Spider-Man, Death Stranding, GT Sport, The Last Guardian, Concrete Genie, Medievil, Until Dawn, and many more all launched between August and December. Get your facts right.
Well wasn't your "fact" that MS doesn't release games in the first half? Ready to walk that back now?

Top Bottom