• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryse 2 in the Works and it Could be Multiplatform, Xbox Insider Says to Have Heard

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In the most recent XboxEra podcast, 'Shpeshal Ed' says that he already heard about a new Ryse back in July of last year – that’s well before the Crytek documents that leaked by the end of 2020. Apparently, Ed’s ‘source’ now again reached out to him about the Ryse sequel, saying the game is the real deal.

“I had a reason to believe that this person we legit because they then showed me certain things that made me believe they were on the level, so of course the thing I got excited about the most was the fact that a new Ryse is in development”, the insider said during the podcast.

“So this person told me, “yep there’s a new Ryse in development”. I can’t give you dates and I can’t give quarters of when things are happening, just that there’s a Ryse in development, and like I said I’ve been given pictures of stuff that leads me to believe this person is legit.”

Interestingly, whereas the original Ryse was an Xbox console exclusive, Ryse 2 might very well be a multi-platform title.

“The interesting part about Ryse is that I’ve, at least at the time of whenever this was happening and I know what I’m saying right now doesn’t make a lot of sense but it was a multi-platform game and not exclusive to Xbox. So should this Ryse game be happening it seems like it may be a multi-plat.”

Cringe Reaction GIF

Huh, okay.

Reactions: MrS

Little Chicken

Gold Member
I played Ryse many years after release and enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. The game still holds up well visually, despite being an Xbox One launch title!

I hope it's true, but I also hope the setting is different.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Lies....No way they'd release a sequel for a console(s) that doesn't use the SUPER vital Kinect support. How would you even fire the ballista?
Why would you need a kinect to use the balista? I never use kinect when i played the game if i remember corectly

Last edited:

UnNamed

Banned
Every Crytek game have a supernatural element... except Ryse. Very strange, think they probably had something in mind but they removed it because time, some old artwork during development hinted this.

The first was great if your into simple top down melee/Hack and slash. Get the feeling a sequel might try to take inspiration from the newest God of War.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
The first one looks so damn good even today, the game's biggest problem tho was the QTE-based gameplay, but as per the reports, the game initially started as a Kinect project and they had to make a quick fix far into development, so hopefully the sequel will have more robust gameplay, that's all the game really needs.

Greeno

Every Crytek game have a supernatural element... except Ryse. Very strange, think they probably had something in mind but they removed it because time, some old artwork during development hinted this.
No.. Ryse did have a supernatural element to it. It was the "Roman gods" doing or whatever.

Loved the game, it was like a huge budget AAA Golden Axe game. Such a shame that MS and Cry got into a fight over the sequel and IP rights. Hopefully, we will now get a sequel.

Stuart360

Tried multiple times but never actually managed to finish this game. Its just mind numbingly tedious and boring.
Love the ancient Roman setting, but boy does the gameplay get old fast.

GHG

Gold Member
If they are going to do this then they need to prioritise fixing the gameplay because in the first game it was mindless trash.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
As long as it’s on game pass I’d give it a try. Kinda liked the 1st one but dunno if it was just becuase there wasn’t much to play in those early days.

ZywyPL

Banned
Though Phil owned the ip.

IIRC MS wanted to own the IP in return of funding the development of the sequel, but Crytet didn't want to give up the IP, hence the sequel never happened. So apparently they have enough money now to fund it themselves, or they found another publisher.

Mass Shift

IIRC MS wanted to own the IP in return of funding the development of the sequel, but Crytet didn't want to give up the IP, hence the sequel never happened. So apparently they have enough money now to fund it themselves, or they found another publisher.
It would have to be another publisher, because Crytek and MS haven't gotten along well since the first Ryse game.

ZywyPL

Banned
It would have to be another publisher, because Crytek and MS haven't gotten along well since the first Ryse game.

From what I read the relationship between the two was settled as "strong and positive", but that was probably just the PR talk. But given the rumor about the sequel going multiplatform, it gives away that MS has nothing to do with the game this time around.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Clearly, you never played the game 🙄

So many people hating on this game without even playing it. The worst thing about Ryse was that it was exclusive to an unpopular platform.
Lol, relax bud. I beat it on Xbone AND own it on PC. You could use the Kinect to shout FIRE! and make the ballista fire. It was cheesy and barely worked. Get a grip dude, Crytek is still around.

The game was mediocre at best.

Aion002

Worst game I played so far on the series S.... It's revolting how bad it is because I love the setting. I hope that if a sequel is in the works they improve it a lot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom