• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryosuke Yoshida has left Capcom, will leave Japan and go overseas to develop games for next-gen

Shin

Banned
Capcom has lost another employee. Ryosuke Yoshida, who most recently worked on Devil May Cry 5, announced his resignation on July 5, 2020. As of July 4, 2020, he is no longer with the company. His Twitter account and LinkedIn both list him as a NetEase Games Sakura Studio Senior Game Designer now.

Yoshida made his statement via Twitter. While he didn’t mention NetEase in that announcement, he did say he would be leaving Japan after the COVID-19 pandemic wanes to “develop games for next-gen. ”

This is the second major Capcom departure in the last few months. In June 2020, Square Enix confirmed that it had hired Ryota Suzuki, who formerly worked for Capcom. Suzuki was a Dragon’s Dogma Gameplay Player Lead and also was a Devil May Cry 5 Designer alongside Yoshida.

Credit: Siliconera

Last edited:
Capcom was on fire this gen, it's the same doom and gloom narrative fourm users went on when Mikami and Kamiya left and truth be told nothing at Capcom changed and the missteps they went through last gen was due to Inafune's idiotic stratgy of outsourcing thier IPs to western devs.

Belmonte

I expect great things from him. Working in lead positions in Dragon's Dogma and DMCV is not for everyone. Any western studios which wants to up their meele action gameplay considerably should hire him. Personally I would like to see an action indie game from Yoshida.

Great Hair

Banned
Where will he end up working at/for?

[10%] Ubisoft
[00%] SEGA USA
[70%] California ... Satan Moniker Microsofto or any other MS studio
[10%] Sony Santa Monica Studios
[10%] Nintendo USA

;)

Last edited:
The Chinese innvasion is potentially going to be extremely damaging to creativity this generation as developers are moving away from making games and onto making trash non-games (mobile/gambling/social etc).
This isn't the first high profile developer i've seen get poached so far, Kojima Studios was the other team who has lost members.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
A Japanese guy abandoning his company to join a Chinese one??? You don't hear much of that on a daily basis, do you?
Eh, plenty of Japanese devs/voice actors already work with Chinese companies for popular Chinese PHONE games. So not really.

Eanox

The Chinese innvasion is potentially going to be extremely damaging to creativity this generation as developers are moving away from making games and onto making trash non-games (mobile/gambling/social etc).
This isn't the first high profile developer i've seen get poached so far, Kojima Studios was the other team who has lost members.
Netease and tencent are joining the Conssole pie.

Dante83

Banned
DMC 5 is overrated anyway. The level design is quite poor, and the UI feels very dated with the loading times for everything. I was one of those guys who was hyped about the game, but on my 2nd play through, I see through the game's gaping flaws a lot more clearly as I didn't pay too much attention to the flaws during my 1st play through. I was just content that we even got the game. Now, I am not very keen on replaying it the 3rd time...

He's gonna travel overseas and see he has to walk on eggshells over everything he says and does at the alt left infected dev studios. I'm guessing he's gonna meet some crazy bitch with colored hair and be begging Capcom to take him back.

Top Bottom